OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2014-12-24, 02:40)virtuallysafe Wrote: The upgrade from v90 to v91 failed for me also.

Thanks, keep an eye on PR5653.

(2014-12-24, 02:40)virtuallysafe Wrote: Can I please ask what you did to resolve?

It was a bit of a pain in the arse, to be honest.

In the v90 database I had to work out which actors were duplicates:

Code:
select strActor from actors group by strActor having count(*) > 1

then decide which of the duplicates I wanted to keep, and for those I wanted to delete I had to correct the "link" tables (in my case, all in actorlinkepisode).

Take for example Wil Wheaton, who appears twice in actors:
Code:
10630   Wil Wheaton             <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/84601.jpg</thumb>
32018   Wil Wheaton

Then I looked at actorlinkepisode:
Code:
select * from actorlinkepisode where idActor in (10630, 32018) order by idEpisode

and there are several rows for idActor=10630, but only one row for 32018.

As long as the idEpisode is unique, a quick fix is:
Code:
update actorlinkepisode set idActor=10630 where idActor=32018
However if the idEpisode is not unique, then you need to delete the offending row.

Once you've fixed actorlinkepisode, you can remove the actor from actors:
Code:
delete from actors where idActor = 32018

Then repeat for all of your other duplicate actors. Did I say it was a PITA? Smile

It may be possible to simply delete the actors that were duplicates and leave it at that, but I've not looked into how the actorlinkepisode table is being carried across so wanted to fix the problem there in case more junk appeared in the v91 database.

It's not entirely clear how these duplicate actors have occurred, as the actor insertion code shouldn't be inserting duplicates, unless it originated from a much older database, perhaps one that has been upgraded several times. I think mine dates back to v75/78, how old is yours? I've got the duplicate actors in v75, so for me that's the source. Unfortunately I dropped all earlier databases so can't say when the dupes first appeared.

Alternatively wait until there's a proper automated fix, assuming this isn't an isolated problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by Milhouse - 2014-12-24, 03:10
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112