• 6(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
What about https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...e34f39e957
No dirty regions, no disappearing labels on OS X. Works for the RSS ticker too.
(2014-12-23, 17:32)menakite Wrote: What about https://github.com/anaconda/xbmc/commit/...e34f39e957
No dirty regions, no disappearing labels on OS X. Works for the RSS ticker too.

Excellent, I think you've nailed it - that tests perfectly here!

Now, if only I wasn't using an FTP server located in North Korea...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hey Milhouse
Thanks for all the hard work and advise you've been giving us Raspberry Pi users.

@popcornmix
Thanks for keeping us Pi users on the edge with all your newclock work.

Just want to say Merry Christmas to both of you. Cheers.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Many thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you all.

New builds might be a bit sporadic over the next 7-10 days, not least because of the ongoing server outage but also family commitments etc. Expect normal service to be resumed early 2015. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-23, 19:07)vbat99 Wrote: Hey Milhouse
Thanks for all the hard work and advise you've been giving us Raspberry Pi users.

@popcornmix
Thanks for keeping us Pi users on the edge with all your newclock work.

Just want to say Merry Christmas to both of you. Cheers.

Yes, thanks to Milhouse for the continued builds (and tracking down of regressions) and all the testers who have been reporting problems.
Helix has just gone stable and I think it's looking pretty good for Pi users. There should be stable releases for Openelec and raspbmc real soon now.

(although I'd like some testers to stick with newclock4 builds to make the Helix+1 release even better!)

Happy Christmas!
New OpenELEC I****** build: #1222
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.1 #1 PREEMPT Mon Dec 22 21:03:12 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec 19 2014 18:40:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5abd572e2ed1811283443387af09377b95501c50 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141222210200-r19852-g9d46822 [Build #1222]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (9d468222, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (45ef5532, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9c1d3848)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (89ba5bb6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude kodi-999.99-fix-3692.patch: Superseded by PR6005
  • Exclude lirc_rpi.conf: No longer required, let Device Tree handle lirc_rpi (add "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt)
  • Include 082d8b6d: [guilib] Disable autoscrolling while on screensaver.
  • Include patch: Enable kernel device-tree support (details)
  • Include patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18.y options
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18.y compatible cfg80211_rx_mgmt
  • Include patch: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Include PR:3657: [rfc] kodi crashlogs
  • Include PR:5747: [database] - add setting for hiding watched movies/episodes in recently added lists
  • Include PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Include PR:5958: Fix state not saved after #5842 if playing from "Recently added".
Build Highlights:
  1. New download server url, hosted by OpenELEC (many thanks!)
    Code:
    http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/master
    Also many thanks to @delinend for the server storage and bandwdith for the last 12 months or so.
  2. New 3.18.1 kernel
  3. Replacement fix for IFO over NFS crash
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • cppcheck performance fixes in addons/ (PR:5992, 2 commits, 9 files changed)
    • remove old samba mount code (PR:5991, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • CFile: Don't cast potential negative values to unsigned int (PR:6005, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Do not scroll list label if <scroll>false</scroll> (PR:4247, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [Fix] Deinitialize the audio manager to avoid memory leaks. (PR:6009, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] cosmetics (bdf6227a)
    • [Confluence] remove unused code (42a6ef72)
    • [skin] include last re-touched fixes (ad4deec9)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Disable autoscrolling while on screensaver. (e2ac7633)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Disable textbox autoscrolling while on screensaver. (b4d42b17)
  3. kernel 3.18.y:
      • config: switch on powersave governor (will switch to ondemand on boot) (cb393fa7)
      • Update i2c-bcm2708.c (5fdce56c)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Hello,

New download server url, hosted by OpenELEC (many thanks!)
Code: http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/master

Is this path in the actually version or must I change?
If you're using the OpenELEC Updater addon you may need to wait for an update (I've PM'd Leopold), otherwise there's nothing to change if you're downloading manually.
New OpenELEC I****** build: #1223
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.1 #1 PREEMPT Tue Dec 23 21:03:08 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec 19 2014 18:40:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5abd572e2ed1811283443387af09377b95501c50 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141223210156-r19858-gc75631b [Build #1223]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c75631bf, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a7ded2fd, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9c1d3848)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (89ba5bb6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude kodi-999.99-fix-3692.patch: Superseded by PR6005
  • Exclude lirc_rpi.conf: No longer required, let Device Tree handle lirc_rpi (add "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt)
  • Include patch: Enable kernel device-tree support (details)
  • Include patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18.y options
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18.y compatible cfg80211_rx_mgmt
  • Include patch: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Include PR:3657: [rfc] kodi crashlogs
  • Include PR:5747: [database] - add setting for hiding watched movies/episodes in recently added lists
  • Include PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Include PR:5958: Fix state not saved after #5842 if playing from "Recently added".
Build Highlights:
  1. New videodb schema, #91. The db upgrade isn't working for me (duplicate actors) but could be due to my library and/or database (MySQL), so please test and report any problems particularly if SQLite. If you experience a problem drop the new db and revert to a previous build.
  2. Latest anti-scrolling fix from menakite - should work more reliably for all types of scrolling field. Thanks menakite and popcornmix.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • IMX: Remove special handling via powermanager (user wish) (PR:3713, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add a package to support IR remote configuration utility for Amlogic-based devices (PR:3710, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • u-boot: Do not build u-boot if $UBOOT_VERSION is not specified (PR:3711, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VAAPI: Don't return false when vlVaQueryDisplayAttributes returns empty (PR:5909, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] adds support for hiding groups (PR:5398, 3 commits, 13 files changed)
    • [videodb] table formatting cleanup (the second) (PR:5653, 15 commits, 15 files changed)
    • addons: fix <extension> XSDs (PR:5996, 10 commits, 6 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
      • [demuxer] Avoid memcpy on every demuxer packet (b4b742a7)
Possibly (probably?) I had some junk in my actors/actorlinkepisode tables which I've now resolved manually, and the upgrade works fine. This is well worth testing - if it goes horribly wrong all is not lost, just downgrade and delete the new v91 database and report the error. Hopefully though it was just a one-off with my database.
(2014-12-24, 02:19)Milhouse Wrote: Possibly (probably?) I had some junk in my actors/actorlinkepisode tables which I've now resolved manually, and the upgrade works fine. This is well worth testing - if it goes horribly wrong all is not lost, just downgrade and delete the new v91 database and report the error. Hopefully though it was just a one-off with my database.

The upgrade from v90 to v91 failed for me also.

Quote:ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_actor_1 ON actor (name(255))

Log can be found here.

Can I please ask what you did to resolve?

As always, many thanks.
(2014-12-24, 02:40)virtuallysafe Wrote: The upgrade from v90 to v91 failed for me also.

Thanks, keep an eye on PR5653.

(2014-12-24, 02:40)virtuallysafe Wrote: Can I please ask what you did to resolve?

It was a bit of a pain in the arse, to be honest.

In the v90 database I had to work out which actors were duplicates:

Code:
select strActor from actors group by strActor having count(*) > 1

then decide which of the duplicates I wanted to keep, and for those I wanted to delete I had to correct the "link" tables (in my case, all in actorlinkepisode).

Take for example Wil Wheaton, who appears twice in actors:
Code:
10630   Wil Wheaton             <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/84601.jpg</thumb>
32018   Wil Wheaton

Then I looked at actorlinkepisode:
Code:
select * from actorlinkepisode where idActor in (10630, 32018) order by idEpisode

and there are several rows for idActor=10630, but only one row for 32018.

As long as the idEpisode is unique, a quick fix is:
Code:
update actorlinkepisode set idActor=10630 where idActor=32018
However if the idEpisode is not unique, then you need to delete the offending row.

Once you've fixed actorlinkepisode, you can remove the actor from actors:
Code:
delete from actors where idActor = 32018

Then repeat for all of your other duplicate actors. Did I say it was a PITA? Smile

It may be possible to simply delete the actors that were duplicates and leave it at that, but I've not looked into how the actorlinkepisode table is being carried across so wanted to fix the problem there in case more junk appeared in the v91 database.

It's not entirely clear how these duplicate actors have occurred, as the actor insertion code shouldn't be inserting duplicates, unless it originated from a much older database, perhaps one that has been upgraded several times. I think mine dates back to v75/78, how old is yours? I've got the duplicate actors in v75, so for me that's the source. Unfortunately I dropped all earlier databases so can't say when the dupes first appeared.

Alternatively wait until there's a proper automated fix, assuming this isn't an isolated problem.
Thanks for getting the updated build out Milhouse, Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks Menakite for fixing the scrolling issue, hope to see it in xbian soon as well.
(2014-12-24, 03:10)Milhouse Wrote: Did I say it was a PITA? Smile

Nasty Smile, thanks for the detailed info.

After cleaning up 18 actors the upgrade has completed successfully. Basically I performed the following:

Found duplicate entries in 'actors' table:
Code:
mysql> select strActor from actors group by strActor having count(*) > 1:

Determined the multiple 'idActor' values:
Code:
mysql> select * from actors where strActor = "INSERT ACTOR NAME HERE";

Updated the 'actorlinkepisode' table to a single 'idActor' vlaue:
Code:
mysql> update actorlinkepisode set idActor=12345 where idActor=67890;

Deleted the no longer required entry in 'actors' table:
Code:
mysql> delete from actors where idActor = 67890;

Unfortunately I too have dropped a bunch of old databases recently (since the Kodi rename), however, have been using the same DB and upgrading for years. My DB backups indicate since at least v77...
I'd actually suggest that anyone else with duplicate actors does NOT manually fix the problem, in case there is an automated solution that requires testing. I don't particularly fancy going back to v89 just to test this...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112