OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-01-01, 13:23)popcornmix Wrote: Normally you see this effect with avi files with a broken index. The whole file gets parsed creating a temporary index.
But I'm not seeing this, and the file opens quickly.

I notice your log has "CFileCache::Process - Hit eof" - have you forced file cache to be enabled for local files? Can you try disabling that?
Thanks for your interest and continuous support.

My local source is actually a NFS share mounted locally (poor performance with libnfs last time I tried). I can't test on the Pi right now, but on OS X this seems to have no effect - I still see the busy dialog for ~2.5 seconds (so it takes 2.5s + 750 ms). Still no busy dialog at all with the mkv.
However the sample I gave you seems much quicker (busy dialog only for a fraction of a second), I'm testing the original file (I can share it if needed, but it's more than 700 MB).
No "Hit eof" when <buffermode>1</buffermode> is commented out though.

popcornmix Wrote:Why the as.xml override? The Pi should handle 24 and 23.976 rates correctly without an override.
I do see that omxplayer is detecting double the framerate - I'll look into that.
I suspect that setting "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "On start/stop" rather than "Always" will avoid this issue (as will disabling omxplayer acceleration).
It does. I had to add overrides for 25 (played at 50 Hz by default) and 23.976 (59.94) to try to debug a different issue months ago and I left them here just because the TV supports these refresh rates ("because I can").

Will test "on start/stop" later - I agree that it'll probably avoid the issue as it correctly detects 23.976 on start.

(2015-01-01, 13:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 05:30)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix I've been noticing a couple issues with AVIs (both FFmpeg 2.4.4 and current 2.5.2, if it's involved at all) with OMXPlayer.
Anything in tools is ignored by OpenELEC (as it uses it's own separate libraries) so the recent bumps of various libraries will have no impact on these OE builds - I thought about removing them from the release notes but decided to leave them in for "completeness".
Yeah, the ones involved in bug reports well know how OpenELEC works and anyways the actual version of FFmpeg is logged. (Btw I'm the one on XBian and I'm using the bundled FFmpeg.)

Edit: after further thinking on the "whole file gets parsed" part - I don't think that's the case, 700 MB in less than 10 seconds would be more than 600 Mbit/s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by menakite - 2015-01-01, 17:48
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112