• 13(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
#0105 is uploading now, but it has the same DTBs as #0104b. If #0104b didn't work I'm not expecting #0105 to work as there should be no difference in terms of device tree apart from #0105 using the updated mkknlimg script.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If it turns out that 105 is no better then can I ask for some boot logs and the output from 'vcdbg log msg'?
(2015-01-05, 14:25)popcornmix Wrote: The real bug is why paplayer is not being used. How are you playing the file? Are you using an add-on?

yes i use addon ListenLiveEU and did not try using local files (i don't have any musical file)
New OpenELEC I****** build: #0105
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.1 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jan 5 21:15:48 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec 29 2014 14:23:10
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d3c15a3b57203798ff811c40ea65174834267d48 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150105211259-r19908-g0ee55d2 [Build #0105]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001576.792: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (0ee55d28, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ff26a3ad, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9c1d3848)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (78397afa)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude lirc_rpi.conf: No longer required, let Device Tree handle lirc_rpi (add "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt)
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18.y compatible cfg80211_rx_mgmt
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18.y options
  • Include patch: Enable kernel device-tree support (details)
  • Include patch: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Include patch: Update to Linux 3.18.1
  • Include patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Include PR:5430: [URIUtils] Fix IsSmb, IsFTP, IsAfp, IsDAV and IsNfs.
  • Include PR:5747: [database] - add setting for hiding watched movies/episodes in recently added lists
  • Include PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Include PR:5958: Fix state not saved after #5842 if playing from "Recently added".
  • Include PR:6108: media library: fix path history navigation
  • Revert a8baa02d: Python: cosmetics
  • Revert d4072be7: Python: clean up. config/Makefile and pyconfig are not needed anymore
  • Revert fe5c5eb2: pycrypto: use -shared
  • Revert 3ceb1fe8: Python: replace python-config with our ow script to fix cross builds
  • Revert 6bc6985b: Python: clean up
  • Revert 59c60b08: Python: update to Python-2.7.9
  • Revert 81c08d15: Python: update to Python-2.7.8
Build Highlights:
  1. Updated mkknlimg patch.
  2. Failure to add device tree support should now halt the build
  3. As a final check, I've also added kernel device tree status to the build information panel (see top of post)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • kodi: remove not needed patch (0ee55d28)
  2. XBMC:
    • Fix leftover from c89ddea209bff64dab7cb386be4a5fad06263610 (PR:6112, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix memory leak in paplayer/OGGcodec.cpp (PR:6113, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Closed Caption fixes (PR:6105, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [pvr] don't reset internal group channel numbers if reset channel number cache (PR:5867, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • cppcheck performance fixes in dialogs/ (PR:6031, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • silence warning in TestDatabaseUtils (thanks @notspiff) (7e9305f8)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • renderer: improve rendering to gui and separate video layer (d69c9981)
      • guilib: mark control dirty when setting to invisible (9dbb5b5d)
      • [MMALRender] Report video is not on GUI layer (aeedaa41)
    • Commits no longer in build:
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-01-05, 23:57)Milhouse Wrote:
  • renderer: improve rendering to gui and separate video layer (d69c9981)
  • guilib: mark control dirty when setting to invisible (9dbb5b5d)
  • [MMALRender] Report video is not on GUI layer (aeedaa41)

I think these may be causing issues with GUI/subs being displayed on top of video. Keep an eye here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6090
Still no joy with lirc in #105. Below you have results of 'dmesg' and 'vcdbg log msg':

http://pastebin.com/ZfvTG8JR
http://pastebin.com/1cpzvmHZ
Thanks - there's nothing obviously wrong there. I'll dig a bit.
@thent I can report that Hifiberry Digi is working fine with #0105:
Code:
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
[ that's the new abbreviated style, but the old verbose way still works ]

Let me know if you still have problems.

lirc next.
I can see lirc-rpi selecting the correct GPIOs based on the configuration parameters, but it's clear I'm not going to be able to do much more without an IR receiver, so I've blown the budget on a TSOP4838. The investigation can continue once it arrives.
I have dtoverlay=lirc-rpi and it works perfectly in #101 and stops working with #102 onwards.
With the last #0105 build, I experienced a kernel traceback early this morning:

http://sprunge.us/eCgP

System would have been idle.

There is nothing in kodi.log to suggest a problem, although the kodi.bin process is now unresponsive (aka dead).
(2015-01-06, 18:20)Milhouse Wrote: With the last #0105 build, I experienced a kernel traceback early this morning:

http://sprunge.us/eCgP

System would have been idle.

There is nothing in kodi.log to suggest a problem, although the kodi.bin process is now unresponsive (aka dead).

I'm guessing that the "do_coredump" in kernel log might suggest that kodi crashed first and generating the coredump file then failed?
Is there any partial crashlog?
Ah yes.... I've still got a kodi.bin process in memory (doing nothing) so it looks like it somehow became "stuck" while generating the core dump.
Code:
rpi512:~ # ls -la .cache/cores/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan  6 01:46 .
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rw-------    1 root     root             0 Jan  6 01:46 core.!usr!lib!kodi!kodi.bin.1420508815.422

No crashlog, as it didn't get that far.

Will reboot and see if it happens again, hopefully just a one-off...
(2015-01-06, 16:49)PhilE Wrote: @thent I can report that Hifiberry Digi is working fine with #0105:
Code:
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
[ that's the new abbreviated style, but the old verbose way still works ]

Let me know if you still have problems.
Yes, also running fine over here. Thank you very much!

Another issue: I've upgraded from #0101 to #0105, now I can't see the OSD during playback anymore, including the volume bar. That's the case for both omxplayer and dvdplayer. I remember with one of the builds (#0102?) there were some fixes for dirty regions in fullscreen. Could that be the reason? Or is it by intention?
regards
(2015-01-06, 20:22)thent Wrote: Another issue: I've upgraded from #0101 to #0105, now I can't see the OSD during playback anymore, including the volume bar. That's the case for both omxplayer and dvdplayer. I remember with one of the builds (#0102?) there were some fixes for dirty regions in fullscreen. Could that be the reason? Or is it by intention?
regards
Yes dirty region is the reason (I see the same problem). It's not intentional and there will be another commit in tonights build which may fix it. It's a bit of a work in progress. Smile
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112