• 29(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-05, 01:17)Milhouse Wrote:
  • dwc_otg: fixup read-modify-write in critical paths (2e995492)
  • config: Add USBIP (ed1636ed)

popcornmix, for whats this (USBIP) needed/used?
greetings, Stephan

(2015-02-05, 19:05)thor2002ro Wrote: something is wrong starting with #0202 cant mount btrfs storage.... kernel keeps trying f2fs ....
happens on rpi1 and rpi2

you use btrfs for your storage/ second partition? support for other filesystems then vfat and ext2-4 for the both system/storage partitions we have removed, this will only work for other drives/partitions
greetings, Stephan

(2015-02-05, 17:40)mylle Wrote: Where has the PPTP VPN client option gone?

we removed this because we cant maintain and support this anymore. the openelec devs dont using this feature and the users expect support. if we find one who active maintain this feature and provide support it can be back (or readded as a seperate addon)
greetings, Stephan

(2015-02-05, 20:26)sraue Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 19:05)thor2002ro Wrote: something is wrong starting with #0202 cant mount btrfs storage.... kernel keeps trying f2fs ....
happens on rpi1 and rpi2

you use btrfs for your storage/ second partition? support for other filesystems then vfat and ext2-4 for the both system/storage partitions we have removed, this will only work for other drives/partitions

i use second partition btrfs.... super useful in avoiding corruptions because almost every time it can repair itself with no user intervention...
(2015-02-05, 20:24)sraue Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 01:17)Milhouse Wrote:
  • dwc_otg: fixup read-modify-write in critical paths (2e995492)
  • config: Add USBIP (ed1636ed)

popcornmix, for whats this (USBIP) needed/used?

I don't think it's useful for OE.
It was requested for raspbian.
Allows connection to USB devices through network.
(2015-02-05, 20:29)sraue Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 17:40)mylle Wrote: Where has the PPTP VPN client option gone?

we removed this because we cant maintain and support this anymore. the openelec devs dont using this feature and the users expect support. if we find one who active maintain this feature and provide support it can be back (or readded as a seperate addon)

Doh! I really need this. Hopefully somebody steps up that has the knowledge to maintain this or create a separate plugin. I would not think it needed much maintenance as its old technology?
(2015-02-05, 19:23)Jönke Wrote: Cant see no improvement opening timeline epg with live tv running in background on rpi 2 vs rpi

This isn't very promising... thanks for the feedback. If nobody is able to see any benefit from this PR, I'll drop it over the weekend.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-05, 23:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 19:23)Jönke Wrote: Cant see no improvement opening timeline epg with live tv running in background on rpi 2 vs rpi
This isn't very promising... thanks for the feedback. If nobody is able to see any benefit from this PR, I'll drop it over the weekend.
Is this regarding PR:6246? I didn't think that PR relates to opening the EPG once PVR has started up.

Wonder if he means there is no difference between your build and 5.0.1 on Pi2, or if he means same build in Pi1 vs Pi2. If the second, it would be particularly surprising and disappointing.
I assumed he was referring to PR6246, perhaps Jönke can clarify.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC I****** build #0205: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.5 #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 5 21:10:17 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  4 2015 21:04:27
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 115f63aa0915cdb5b6dff23822eb16699b72ae8b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150205210924-r20204-g4f46e9a [Build #0205]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001517.736: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (4f46e9a8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (cc9ed5f0, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Updated firmware:
    popcornmix Wrote:Few updates to firmware (some reduction in gpu memory during video decode) and kodi/newclock4 (added back in 3D switching and take advantage of the gpu memory reduction).

Should save 3MB of gpu memory (sometimes more).
  2. RPi2: Re-configured RPi2 build to use RPi2 addon url (previous builds had been using the RPi url). Addon installation/updates will be unavailable until the addon server is updated (any day now)
  3. Cherry picked a couple of kernel updates until they are rebased
  4. Added Kodi patch to work with curl 7.40.0 (thanks @wsnipex, @delinend)
  5. Increase NFS chunk size to 1MB
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 4):
    • bcm2709: Set the "always-on" timer flag to enable high res mode
    • firmware: Camera: Fix for reset stc timestamping mode
    • firmware: deinterlace: reduce memory use on input side for advanced deinterlace. See: link
    • firmware: Kill max(7,) in buffer allocation. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • Fixed comment in systemd mount sample scripts: servicectl -> systemctl (PR:3872, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • [readme update] libyajl-dev >= 2.0 (PR:6344, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [omxplayer] Don't propagate 3d flags based on supported 3d modes (fa5c7335)
      • [graphics] Don't set stereo mode based on resolution (f3f5fb0b)
      • [graphics] Allow switching to a more suitable 3D resolution (a7cd5ff2)
      • [3D] Support switching to 3D resolutions (0b48427e)
      • [graphics] Make pixel ratio for 3d modes consistent (48d1f27e)
      • [omxplayer] Avoid extra frame allocation when deinterlace might be enabled (7d921c25)
      • NFSFile: Chank ChunkSize to 1MB (f139777f)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: b0a12240: BCM2709_DT: Set the "always-on" flag for the timer to enable high res mode (linux)
    • Added: bec4f0af: i2c_bcm2708: Fix clock reference counting (linux)
    • Added: patch: Add curl 7.40.0 support to Kodi
guess you are not going to add the fs modules back into the kernel.... guess its fork time
(2015-02-06, 01:17)thor2002ro Wrote: guess you are not going to add the fs modules back into the kernel.... guess its fork time

Correct. See "Feature requests" section in first post of this thread. The purpose of these builds is not to add unsupported features.
I have an issue with live tv all the channels are shown as 4:3 and are squashed on screen. Kodi takes the whole screen but when live tv gets played it gets squashed. This is rp 2 it displays properly using openelec 5.0.1. One thing I just remembered I didn't pay for the MPEG codec. In rp 1 I only get audio until I paid for mpeg codec.

http://pastebin.com/M6GKRwxS
(2015-02-06, 02:16)denz Wrote: I have an issue with live tv all the channels are shown as 4:3 and are squashed on screen. Kodi takes the whole screen but when live tv gets played it gets squashed. This is rp 2 it displays properly using openelec 5.0.1. One thing I just remembered I didn't pay for the MPEG codec. In rp 1 I only get audio until I paid for mpeg codec.

http://pastebin.com/M6GKRwxS

A photograph/screenshot of your screen may help visualise the problem more easily. Is this only with Live TV?
Photo 
I downloaded aljazeera video plugin and the internet videos show full screen ie in correct 16:9 ratio. I will try tomorrow other videos when I set everything up.

This one shows the home screen

Shows live tv as you can see it is squashed.

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112