• 31(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
Backwards compatibility is extremely important, otherwise you alienate a large portion of the user base.
Got my Rpi2 since today Smile

Everything works good except livetv channel switching is slow.
(I use DvbViewer with buyed codecs) maybe this is a cache probem because it feels like take time to end a stream.

My CEC Hdmi is only working if i additionally connect them through Usb with my phillips tv
I also have to connect them to a better power supply.

edit: so did a try with OSMC and have fast channel switch back :/
build #0205: RPi

works better than the last build in my Pi B

I'm listen MTV.de [addon] ...950MHz@52°C (with selfmade cooler), CPU~60-70% and max 21%workload since 1 hour.
Fine, very fine!
Yesterday: CPUO =100% for all the time

have make a good Job here!
New OpenELEC I****** build #0206: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.5 #1 PREEMPT Fri Feb 6 21:04:19 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  4 2015 21:04:27
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 115f63aa0915cdb5b6dff23822eb16699b72ae8b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150206210325-r20209-g4c075fb [Build #0206]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001527.431: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (4c075fb5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (03ff9dd3, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y-rebase
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (732a2978)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (b2dc0354)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (8489520f)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude kodi-102-dont_really_depend_on_SDL_image.patch: No longer required
  • Exclude kodi-999.95-backportPR6312PR6311PR6295.patch: Already merged in Kodi master
  • Include b0a12240: BCM2709_DT: Set the "always-on" flag for the timer to enable high res mode (linux)
  • Include bec4f0af: i2c_bcm2708: Fix clock reference counting (linux)
  • Include 85ee3d9b: BCM270x_DT: Rename the activity LED back to the prosaic "led0" (linux)
  • Include patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include patch: Add curl 7.40.0 support to Kodi
  • Include patch: Use our own texturepacker
  • Include patch: Fix build patch for kodi-pvr-addons
  • Include PR:422: Fixes for RPi users, and keeping recording list up to date. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Include PR:6246: [pvr] Improve PVR startup time
Build Highlights:
  1. Updated firmware
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 4):
    • DTBs: Rename activity LED back to the prosaic "led0"
  2. OpenELEC:
    • new version of restfulapi plugin, source archive now hosted on github (PR:3875, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • avahi: start after network.target (PR:3876, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • wetek_play: update wetekdvb driver (91bd9e15)
  3. XBMC:
    • [repos] add error handling for repo xml parsing and checksum/addons.xml fetching (PR:6343, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • cppcheck performance fixes in win32/ (PR:6249, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • slideshow: fix not considering videos when started through builtin (PR:6350, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • fixed: External subtitles in custom folder did not work with url encoded files (PR:6325, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [pvr] bump pvr addons to latest commit (PR:6349, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Move GetActiveWindowID (PR:6335, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • [python] fix video duration infolabel inconsistency (fixes ticket #13904) (PR:5562, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [python] prevent segfault when calling DialogProgress(BG) methods before... (PR:6284, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [configure] check for minimum required yajl and tinyxml versions (PR:6346, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • cppcheck performance fixes in dbwrappers/ (PR:6027, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  4. kernel 3.18.y-rebase:
    • New commits in this build:
      • config: Add ENC28J60 spi ethernet module (273b1197)
      • Fix grabbing lock from atomic context in i2c driver (fec9b9d8)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: 85ee3d9b: BCM270x_DT: Rename the activity LED back to the prosaic "led0" (linux)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,

Have somebody noticed network losing as described here:

http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...ile#130594 Huh

I'm observing it since several builds but was thinking that it was my ISP.
I have had the same network issue, using wired connection. I believe it to be caused by an underpowered power supply.
@popcornmix:
Thanks for the reply. (on old thread)
i figured out the CEC settings dialogue bug already.

i'm using
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150206210325-r20209-g4c075fb [Build #0206]

(latest one that is.)
tried the sugested
"I'd suggest delay=300, rate=100, release=0. If it's still repeating then increase the delay to 500."
but doesn't change a thing. i can change whatever i want actuallySmile
Never ever a repeating key...
Hi!

One thing I noticed is that for build #0206 I'm unable to connect to WiFi networks. Gets stuck (no freezing) in the state "Configuration". In build #0205 WiFi works fine.

Br,
Karl
(2015-02-07, 12:16)darzur Wrote: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...ile#130594 Huh

I'm observing it since several builds but was thinking that it was my ISP.

A network related fix has just gone in:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/3873
(2015-02-07, 16:51)kaenlund Wrote: Hi!

One thing I noticed is that for build #0206 I'm unable to connect to WiFi networks. Gets stuck (no freezing) in the state "Configuration". In build #0205 WiFi works fine.

Br,
Karl

Hi (again) Tongue

I have just tested and I cannot confirm any wifi issues...

Question, do you see a rainbow square in the right corner?

I have noticed that the pi 2 is much much more power hungry. Yesterday when I measured the voltage I got 4.88v - 5.10v the psu "should" be able to deliver 3A. Still this isn't enough even without overclocking and WiFi dongle.
I'm going to buy a new psu just to be on the safe side. So maybe you have a psu problem as well?

Edit: I used a digital multimeter, so I guess an analog meter would give me different numbers.
I just compared the build with and without PR6246 ([pvr] Improve PVR startup time) and it made a difference of ~3sec until EPG import was finished using tvheadend as backend.
3 seconds out of how many?
PR6246 no longer applies cleanly on top of the latest Kodi master so is going to get the chop one way or another...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OpenELEC RPi2 Addons server is now available, force refresh your OpenELEC repositories if you are still missing addons.

Edit: These addons are rebuilt for ARMv7, so once you start using RPi2 addons you may not be able to switch back to RPi so easily. If you already have addons installed (which will be ARMv6 based) then you'll need to uninstall/install to switch to ARMv7 builds.

There may also be some addons missing, which will be done in the next few hours.
This is a sample file of squashed live tv. I have purchased MPEG2 codec however I haven't received it yet so I am not sure if this is the cause. The interesting thing I must have changed some setting and now when I watch recorded tv I only hear sound.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7X9IEX...sp=sharing
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112