• 33(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-09, 15:23)Patrics83 Wrote: Sure will do.

Edit: It happens even on clean install... I tried to take a photo and a movie of it but it's really hard.

Does the dim happen immediately playback starts, or after a while?
Can you go through the display options on your TV and disable everything? I wonder if a power save or ambient light detection setting is triggering unwantedly.
(2015-02-09, 16:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 15:23)Patrics83 Wrote: Sure will do.

Edit: It happens even on clean install... I tried to take a photo and a movie of it but it's really hard.

Does the dim happen immediately playback starts, or after a while?
Can you go through the display options on your TV and disable everything? I wonder if a power save or ambient light detection setting is triggering unwantedly.

It happens immediately. I have checked all possible settings on both of my tv's already because I suspected something like that as well.
(2015-02-09, 16:36)Patrics83 Wrote: It happens immediately. I have checked all possible settings on both of my tv's already because I suspected something like that as well.

Does it happen the same with both TV's? Make and model of TV's (and any other equipment on the HDMI path, like receivers/splitters).
If you can find an older build that doesn't have the issue, that would help track it down.
(2015-02-09, 16:53)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 16:36)Patrics83 Wrote: It happens immediately. I have checked all possible settings on both of my tv's already because I suspected something like that as well.

Does it happen the same with both TV's? Make and model of TV's (and any other equipment on the HDMI path, like receivers/splitters).
If you can find an older build that doesn't have the issue, that would help track it down.

Yes it does but only with dvd's.

Here's my unit list:

RPi 2 B > Marantz NR1403 > Samsung UE46ES6715
RPi B+ > LG 26LD350N-ZA

I will do my best to track down from which build this started to happen.

And just a side note, I don't need to use sync playback to display. Movies are playing just fine without it, I just followed your advice that I found here.
With that said, don't break your neck over this until someone confirms this issue or until I have found a build were this doesn't happen. Smile
Mmh, I'm extremely surprised that this issue haven't been reported before.
After testing many many builds I decided to make a drastic build switch and OE 4.2.1 has no display dimming issues :/
I can't remember when I started to use sync to display option and since only my kids are watching DVDs I haven't noticed the issue myself until yesterday. My movies are mkv only.

Can anyone suggests a build to try? My testing motivation is fading away Big Grin
(2015-02-09, 20:26)Patrics83 Wrote: Mmh, I'm extremely surprised that this issue haven't been reported before.
After testing many many builds I decided to make a drastic build switch and OE 4.2.1 has no display dimming issues :/
I can't remember when I started to use sync to display option and since only my kids are watching DVDs I haven't noticed the issue myself until yesterday. My movies are mkv only.

Can anyone suggests a build to try? My testing motivation is fading away Big Grin

Well, the oldest build from this thread (#1215) and the oldest build from the last thread (#0415b) would be a couple of points in the sand.
Hi,
I just installed #0208 on my Pi2 and it runs excellent! Many thanks! But now I miss the nice splash video. Instead, I get a message "Splash video download failed" aft the UI is stable. The Pi2 is for sure connected to the internet by cable. What's wrong?
(2015-02-09, 20:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 20:26)Patrics83 Wrote: Mmh, I'm extremely surprised that this issue haven't been reported before.

Well, the oldest build from this thread (#1215) and the oldest build from the last thread (#0415b) would be a couple of points in the sand.

Thanks, I gave #1215 a try but my wifi dongle doesn't work with this build. The bad thing is that I need to remove the TV from the wall to reach the rpi so I can connect a cable Tongue

I will continue the testing tomorrow. Wink
(2015-02-09, 21:02)Dinos52 Wrote: Hi,
I just installed #0208 on my Pi2 and it runs excellent! Many thanks! But now I miss the nice splash video. Instead, I get a message "Splash video download failed" aft the UI is stable. The Pi2 is for sure connected to the internet by cable. What's wrong?

Your Pi2 may be connected by a cable to your router, but that doesn't mean your Pi2 is "connected" to the internet.

Code:
wget http://milhouse.openelec.tv/other/splash.h264 -O - >/dev/null

If it fails, there's a problem with your local network setup (DNS, most likely).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have received the mpeg codec and now everything is displaying properly like in pi 1.
New OpenELEC I****** build #0209: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.6 #1 PREEMPT Mon Feb 9 23:39:55 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  7 2015 19:35:45
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e3cfc1e5001c71261c4d79e852723910772ffba9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150209231906-r20243-g5cc415e [Build #0209]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001519.970: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5cc415e4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (26936a90, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Updated dvdplayer clock fix (PR6356)
  2. Fix for curl 7.40.0 added upstream (PR6376)
  3. 3D stereomode switching merged
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Kodi: Update PR6356 (which was fixed up before the merge) (PR:3889, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • new upstream version of restfulapi plugin (PR:3891, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi: add PR6361 (41c33fe5)
    • kodi: add PR6376 (5cc415e4)
  2. XBMC:
    • dvdplayer: fix clock speed (PR:6356, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: fix vfr detection: false positives (PR:6358, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Add support for more CEC remote keys on Android (PR:6372, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: discard render buffers if gui is not active (PR:6357, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist (PR:5237, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • cppcheck performance fixes in interfaces/ (PR:6138, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [guilib] fix hint text vanish on unfocus - closes #15765 (PR:6366, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cosmetic] update irc channel - fixes #15775 (PR:6379, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] fix the focus issue since file item list is empty until directory is fetched (PR:6377, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videodatabase] include tvshows base dir in GetPathsForTvShow (PR:6362, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • handle stereoscopic mode of videos in mixed playlists (ffe2fb10)
      • remember user selected 3D modes between videos until playback ended (bc6d5ba8)
      • dvdplayer: fix clock speed (55f3e367)
      • dvdplayer: reset speed of video reference clock after refresh rate changed (48d35a49)
      • dvdplayer: only consider standard framerates for vfr (60d45231)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Stupid forum software is mangling any URL that includes PR and four digits (such as the link in #4, above). Geez.
(2015-02-10, 00:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 21:02)Dinos52 Wrote: Hi,

Your Pi2 may be connected by a cable to your router, but that doesn't mean your Pi2 is "connected" to the internet.

Code:
wget http://milhouse.openelec.tv/other/splash.h264 -O - >/dev/null

If it fails, there's a problem with your local network setup (DNS, most likely).
Hi Milhouse,
with all respect, but the Pi2 is indeed connected to the internet!
Code:
RasPi2:~ # wget http://milhouse.openelec.tv/other/splash.h264 -O - >/dev/null
Connecting to milhouse.openelec.tv (82.220.2.33:80)
-                    100% |*******************************|  5662k  0:00:00 ETA
RasPi2:~ #

The download was done in <2s. But there is still NO splash video and an error message occurs after approx. 10s when the UI is stable:

I have now manually stored the file into /storage/.cache and it works fine with your nice opener. But maybe you have a look on that again. Could be a timing problem if you request the file before the Pi's IP address is established by the router.
That's always possible, in which case enable wait for network in OpenELEC Settings. Remember this is an experimental feature - just disable it if it's a problem (touch /storage/.config/splash.disable).
No, I like the opener and I'm fine with the "manual" solution.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112