New OpenELEC I****** build #0212: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 21:06:04 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 12 2015 17:27:39
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 571f5d2143489e4300d7e2ed5b1a73f33f3b13e5 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150212210444-r20260-gce008d6 [Build #0212]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001548.882: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (ce008d69, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (809b1f43, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Fix Power/Activity LED triggers in 3.19
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 12):
    • firmware: vc_dispmanx: Fix update/vsync callbacks. See: link
    • firmware: dispserv: Clean up vsync requests on client disconnection. See: link
    • firmware: [hdmi] Work around an issue with Toshiba TV. See: link
    • firmware: Allow Pi1/Pi2 and EDID device id specific config options. See: link. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • linux: Update saa716x PCIe interface chipset patch (PR:3910, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: sync config (08b82622)
    • scripts/unpack: also force rebuild on package version specific patch changes (5f84ea64)
    • linux: update ngene/octopus patch (ce008d69)
  3. XBMC:
    • Move to C++11; use as much std:: instead of boost:: as possible (PR:6412, 15 commits, 281 files changed)
    • CGUIDialogAudioSubtitleSettings: enable volume and volume amplification settings when passthrough is enabled but playback is not using passthrough (PR:6163, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • addons: rename xbmc.gui.webinterface extension point to xbmc.webinterface (PR:6396, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • paplayer: fix gapless for mp3 (PR:6384, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • fixed: it's stereo samples.. (e301566c)
  5. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Fix LED "input" trigger implementation for 3.19 (f5891189)
      • fiq_fsm: Falling out of the state machine isn't fatal (087966e5)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:6405: [seek] adds smart seek support for music
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hey there Milhouse :-)

Any plans to use optimize the builds with NEON? As far as I know that would make for a substantial boost in performance specially in some of the most demanding video codecs. Maybe with that 720p h10 would be possible for example :-)

Edit. Oh and I forgot to thank you for all the time you dedicate to this project, you and all the other members of the Kodi and OpenElec teams, thank you :-)
(2015-02-13, 03:18)rbmaster Wrote: Hey there Milhouse :-)

Any plans to use optimize the builds with NEON? As far as I know that would make for a substantial boost in performance specially in some of the most demanding video codecs. Maybe with that 720p h10 would be possible for example :-)

Edit. Oh and I forgot to thank you for all the time you dedicate to this project, you and all the other members of the Kodi and OpenElec teams, thank you :-)

OpenELEC RPi2 builds are already optimised for NEON. That's why there are separate RPi (ARMv6, non-NEON) and RPi2 (ARMv7, NEON) builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That's great, I thought only the kernel was updated but without the NEON optimizations.

In the other hand, that's not that great news for the software decoding of stuff like hi10 videos, the improvements while being noticeable are still not that big enough to decode most video codecs using software and HD resolutions.
Well, at least it did improved a lot in the audio department Smile

Oh well, time to get my new Pi2 the MPEG2 license as well then xD

I have one suggestion too. I think the line "smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N" should be added to /flash/cmdline.txt because without it we will get lots of kernel errors while the ethernet chip is under high load, making sometimes packets to be lost or o have a kernel panic and the system to halt. Tried this both in the Pi1 512MB RAM Model B and the Pi2. You can check this by yourself by uploading multiple big files to an USB device connected to the Pi through ftp and running dmesg. That alone will likely not be enough for the system to hang, but if the user is for example, running a torrent server, watching online streams or even reading files from an USB device that could be enough, and with "smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N" we can prevent that..
(2015-02-13, 04:08)rbmaster Wrote: That alone will likely not be enough for the system to hang, but if the user is for example, running a torrent server, watching online streams or even reading files from an USB device that could be enough, and with "smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N" we can prevent that..

I don't think the majority of users run such services, or max out their network bandwidth to that extent (I do, when testing, but I'm yet to experience the problem you describe). Rather than potentially reduce network bandwidth for everyone, this setting should be added by those that require it.
Sorry is this is not the right place to put my problem.

I've a problem with network settings, can't change ipv4 dhcp to static ip. I've done a fresh install in RPI2, but in RPI 1 it happens too. I use Milhouse builds (thanks Milhouse, great job!)

VPN settings don't exist in network also.

Can someone explain to me if has similar problem and if is possible to solve?

Thanks for the compreension.
(2015-02-13, 11:41)vanadu Wrote: Sorry is this is not the right place to put my problem.

I've a problem with network settings, can't change ipv4 dhcp to static ip. I've done a fresh install in RPI2, but in RPI 1 it happens too. I use Milhouse builds (thanks Milhouse, great job!)

Does this also happen with the official OpenELEC 5.0.3?

VPN is no longer part of the official build, you'll need to install OpenVPN from the Unofficial repository.
(2015-02-13, 11:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 11:41)vanadu Wrote: Sorry is this is not the right place to put my problem.

VPN is no longer part of the official build, you'll need to install OpenVPN from the Unofficial repository.

Yes, it happens also with official release i think. But, and i don't know when it stops the feature of changing dhcp to manual and other way arround in the GUI, i know that last month i did change and it was working fine, in one of your releases Milhouse.

What i did to solve, but is not up to be a solution, was editing settings file with nano in .cache/connman/... and change values to manual, filling all the fields not present like IPv4.local_address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and so on.
Now OpenELEC Settings GUI i cannot change manual to dhcp (it happens that a little windows opened to choose, manual, dhcp ou off , that doesn't appear anymore).

About VPN is not an issue, i will try openVPN.
(2015-02-13, 11:45)Milhouse Wrote:

I have installed milhouse latest build in the Pi2 and some streams are working ok. Do you know if I install the openelec 7.0.3 in the Pi2 the librtmp will still working?
You'll need to identify the build that last worked. The problem could be due to a connman change, or OpenELEC-Settings add-on change. As the problem exists in the official builds you may want to start a separate discussion thread, or post on the OpenELEC forum.
(2015-02-13, 12:54)galopogos Wrote: I have installed milhouse latest build in the Pi2 and some streams are working ok. Do you know if I install the openelec 7.0.3 in the Pi2 the librtmp will still working?

Official OpenELEC doesn't have the KSV librtmp patches. Whether you need the KSV patches for the streams you want to view, I have no idea. Try it and see.
(2015-02-12, 22:48)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 16:08)gthompson20 Wrote: any update on the EPG Issue on the RPi2?

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00503324 in EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::UpdateItems() ()

http://pastebin.com/AV4hV2W5

Can you identify the last working build?

It's a RPi2, so none of your builds have worked... I can't test a Rpi1 build on a 2 can I?

Greg
(2015-02-13, 12:54)Milhouse Wrote: You'll need to identify the build that last worked. The problem could be due to a connman change, or OpenELEC-Settings add-on change. As the problem exists in the official builds you may want to start a separate discussion thread, or post on the OpenELEC forum.

Sorry get back to you Milhouse but i've done all the process back, ie, formating the card; installing official openelec 5.0.3 (kernel 3.18.6) build 20229 08 Feb 2015 and everything on network and even with vpn was ok. Then i updated openelec with your last version build 20260 (12 Feb 15) and i had the same problem, ie, the network IPv4 don't let me change from DHCP to manual or to off. The VPN settings on network and NTP servers blank.

Can this be something with your build?

Please Milhouse don't get me wrong. I'm very pleased with your builds and i'm a fan of you work with respect and consideration it's the best openelec arround.
(2015-02-13, 15:55)vanadu Wrote: Sorry get back to you Milhouse but i've done all the process back, ie, formating the card; installing official openelec 5.0.3 (kernel 3.18.6) build 20229 08 Feb 2015 and everything on network and even with vpn was ok. Then i updated openelec with your last version build 20260 (12 Feb 15) and i had the same problem, ie, the network IPv4 don't let me change from DHCP to manual or to off. The VPN settings on network and NTP servers blank.

Can this be something with your build?

Please Milhouse don't get me wrong. I'm very pleased with your builds and i'm a fan of you work with respect and consideration it's the best openelec arround.

OK, I've taken a look at the OpenELEC Settings -> Connections dialog, and it does look as though it's broken in recent builds, presumably 3.19 but I'll try and narrow down the precise build. Seems to be RPi2 specific too.
(2015-02-13, 14:56)gthompson20 Wrote: It's a RPi2, so none of your builds have worked... I can't test a Rpi1 build on a 2 can I?

Greg

No sadly you can't.

This is probably something that needs to be flagged up with the relevant maintainer - I wonder if it's anything like the PVR problem that is now (hopefully) fixed in the next test build. I'll upload a debug build later this evening, you could test that and capture a more detailed crashlog which might prove beneficial in terms of working towards a fix.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112