OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-17, 17:47)menakite Wrote: Temporary, lasts less than a second. I have noticed this behavior because I was literally in front of the TV.

There is always a period of stuttering at start of playback with dvdplayer. This is due to dvdplayer starting from empty.
The queue of decoded audio and video frames is empty and we are both draining and filling this queue.
Once these queues are full, playback can tolerate some jitter in processing without missing anything - but you have no margin from start.
The slower the processor, the longer it takes to get to a safe level of data queued up (so Pi1 is worse that Pi2, which is worse than a PC).

omxplayer has a pre-roll period of 200ms allowing decoded audio and video queues to fill up before playback starts and doesn't have this issue.
I feel dvdplayer could benefit from something like this.

There is also an issue with dvdplayer where audio and video start with a random offset (typically about 50ms) that needs fixing with resampling audio, or clock adjustment.
Depending on the audio/video clock and sync method this may be visible as micro-stutters.

Messages In This Thread
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by popcornmix - 2015-02-17, 17:58
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112