OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
Just got my RPI2 last night, so forgive me if any of this has been covered in the forum already that I missed. I was previously using a Cubox I2 with OpenELEC 5.0.2.

At first I tried to use the 5.0.3 OpenELEC release. All was well until I enabled liveTV with the mythtv pvr plugin. At that point, Kodi just kept crashing and restarting as it tried to pull channels, etc. and build the pvr database. I figured maybe there was an issue with mythtv in 5.0.3 so I decided to try the latest 0218 snapshot. That did allow me to enable the mythtv pvr plugin, but I have some observations after using it to watch liveTV and some local videos.

1) I have the following in the advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>
<timeseekforwardbig>60</timeseekforwardbig>
<timeseekbackwardbig>-60</timeseekbackwardbig>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

The new skip forward and backwards in the gui config with the various time increments is new to me, perhaps something added in Kodi 15. Is there any way to get back to the simple config I have above? The big seek does seem to work and it skips 60 seconds/1 minute but the regular seek is 7 seconds (from the GUI config it seems).

2) When hitting the info button, the gui that comes up doesn't go away when hitting the button again. It is similar to behavior I've seen setting 1 for dirty regions where portions of the screen aren't updated, but I don't have any override settings in the advancedsettings.xml file. It does the same for a local h264 sample but in that case the gui info fades but never goes away. If I bring up the details overlay using button o and then push button o again to make it go away, that does work and also clears off the info gui.

3) Playback of 1080i content with deinterlacing that has scrolling text (current news bar on CNN is a good example) is choppy

Is any/all of that related to no longer defaulting to omxplayer on the RPI2? If I enable it again in the acceleration settings, will that start using it again for liveTV or do I need a setting in advancedsettings.xml as well?

Messages In This Thread
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by zaphod24 - 2015-02-19, 17:07
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112