OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-20, 16:22)allan87 Wrote: Now that I understand the new seekstep feature, it seems to me that the default 1st step of 7 seconds is too short. For one thing, it takes several seconds, on a pi1 at least, for the skip to happen. It feels broken. I can tell you, until we figured out what was going on, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in our family room.

I suggest that the 7 second interval be disabled by default.

Is this in master or newclock4?

I did comment on this before as I had issues with the skips.
after pressing the skip button it is waiting for you to press again (for a higher skip value).
This results in you getting a delay before playback is resumed (if you are only skipping once).
I found the best thing to get old behaviour back was to disable the skip variants that you don't wan't.
I.E. disable all but +/- 30 seconds (or which ever one you want to keep as default)
then pressing the skip button immediately performs that skip action

I left mine on 7 seconds only and as that is the only option it doesnt keep waiting for more.
so if i want a short skip i can just press the button once.
However if i want a longer skip i can hold the right button and it will keep jumping 7 seconds rapidly as there are no other presets

Messages In This Thread
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by bagofcrap24 - 2015-02-20, 16:49
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112