• 46(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-20, 21:50)Jönke Wrote: Live tv from tvheadend on linux server plays in slowmotion on rpi 2 in todays build , know issue or do you need logs? Worked fine on last build i used (from 2015.02.08)

Check that hardware acceleration is enabled (bring up codec info with 'o' key).
Try enabling omxplayer in video/acceleration settings if it is disabled.
smallstepback is no longer existent (the action is mapped to smart seeking), thats why -7 is enabled by default. and this new skip feature is especially of value to the pi and also watching internet streams. to me it was almost impossible to skip something like 40 mins on a web stream as it took ages to perform each instant skip and start caching over and over again. with smart seeking even larger jumps are not much of an issue any more.
For big jumps it's easier to enter a time offset if you've got a number pad on your remote, ie: "4000" followed by right arrow button would skip forward 40 minutes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC I****** build #0220: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 Fri Feb 20 21:02:28 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 18 2015 16:20:59
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version bcbf8eb39cfacb4b2fd648a080d19d22152c359b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150220210137-#0220-g805bf0b [Build #0220]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001540.715: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (805bf0b8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (435c6c6f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Small number of fixes today.
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [jenkins/addons] - fix error detection during addons build (PR:6491, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • FIXUP: fix python PIL after #5218 (PR:6492, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] - fix DirectSound for streams with very low sample rates (PR:6496, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • serial: amba-pl011: Kickstart TX by explicit FIFO fill (5c6ec05f)
      • vc_cma: Make the vc_cma area the default contiguous DMA area (d0a44cbe)
      • config: Add TOUCHSCREEN_EGALAX (3c9fd364)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:6503: [configure] make sure the gcc-4.9 SSE workaround is only enabled on x86
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-20, 21:59)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 21:50)Jönke Wrote: Live tv from tvheadend on linux server plays in slowmotion on rpi 2 in todays build , know issue or do you need logs? Worked fine on last build i used (from 2015.02.08)

Check that hardware acceleration is enabled (bring up codec info with 'o' key).
Try enabling omxplayer in video/acceleration settings if it is disabled.

Thanks ! Yes OMX player got disabled after the update
Hi
I installed the 0220 build on my raspberry pi2
The live streams from the TV Portuguesa addon stopped working
I downgraded to the build 218 and they are working again. Was there any change in the librtmp for the 220 build?
(2015-02-21, 13:35)galopogos Wrote: I downgraded to the build 218 and they are working again. Was there any change in the librtmp for the 220 build?

None that I'm aware of.
Some issues with RPi2 versions 218 + 220:

1. The keys cursor left/right do not function with LiveTV (full screen). Expected: Previous/Next channel group; Actually: None/None.
2. The window "Buffering" on top right with LiveTV (full screen) does not disappear when ready.
(2015-02-21, 16:32)Dinos52 Wrote: Some issues with RPi2 versions 218 + 220:

Did 217 have these issues?
Don't know! Issues can be older. I detected them by chance. Should I install 217 and check?
BTW: To point 2. Initially, that is when switching to another channel, the window disappears. But if the stream is disturbed during playback, then "buffering" occurs again (it's ok) but does not disappear automatically when the stream is fine again.
(2015-02-21, 17:09)Dinos52 Wrote: Don't know! Issues can be older. I detected them by chance. Should I install 217 and check?
BTW: To point 2. Initially, that is when switching to another channel, the window disappears. But if the stream is disturbed during playback, then "buffering" occurs again (it's ok) but does not disappear automatically when the stream is ok again.

Finding the exact build that introduced an issue makes it a lot easier to diagnose.
I know! But it could be rather boring to go "n" versions back by flashing the device. With version 217 both issues exist too.
Funny: On my RPi (not RPi2!) with version 211 the device will step back / step forward with cursor left/right on LiveTV (!) This is right with video reproduction but not with Live-TV.
RPi #220 has identical issues as RPi2 #220. So I guess that something has happened before #211!? Sorry!

Summary for the functions of cursor left/right on LiveTV:
RPi #211 -> Step back / forward (wrong, videos only)
RPi2 #217 -> none (wrong)
RPi2 #220 -> none (wrong)
RPi #220 -> none (wrong)
Not just that, but reporting something is "broken in build X + Y" gives the impression it stopped working in X, and can cause people to waste time investigating dead ends. So please, if you find something that no longer works it's essential to know in what build it last worked - if you don't know this then make that clear (and the issue will take longer to fix, unless the cause is obvious).

This kind of information is really the minimum needed when a fault is discovered, and the whole point of providing daily builds.
(2015-02-09, 22:45)Patrics83 Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 20:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 20:26)Patrics83 Wrote: Mmh, I'm extremely surprised that this issue haven't been reported before.
After testing many many builds I decided to make a drastic build switch and OE 4.2.1 has no display dimming issues :/
I can't remember when I started to use sync to display option and since only my kids are watching DVDs I haven't noticed the issue myself until yesterday. My movies are mkv only.

Can anyone suggests a build to try? My testing motivation is fading away Big Grin

Well, the oldest build from this thread (#1215) and the oldest build from the last thread (#0415b) would be a couple of points in the sand.

Thanks, I gave #1215 a try but my wifi dongle doesn't work with this build. The bad thing is that I need to remove the TV from the wall to reach the rpi so I can connect a cable Tongue

I will continue the testing tomorrow. Wink

Here's a list of builds I have been trying on my Pi B+

Code:
#0131 > #0220  has the same issue.
#0130 - dim
#0120 - dim
#0110 - dim
#0101 - dim
#1215 - dim
#0415b - wlan0 eth0 not working.
OE 5.0.1 - dim
OE 5.0.0 - dim
OE 4.97.x - dim
OE 4.95.1 - dim
OE 4.2.1 - OK

#0415b was the last build that I tried. I couldn't get the network to work so I gave up the testing (since I'm the only one reporting this issue...)

Sorry for not being able to find the exact build. I don't expect you guys to find the cause for the issue I'm experiencing, I just wanted to let you know the results.

BTW, I tried to play a movie with flac (Lossless) audio on both Pi b+ and Pi2 B. The playback was really sluggish and audio was several seconds ahead. I tried all possible settings. OMXPlayer hardware support made it better but not enough to make it watchable.
Doesn't the DVDPlayer/OMXPlayer support flac?
Ok, I will be quiet in future! I clearly pointed out that I found these "issues" by chance. If I can clearly say when it happened I would of course do that!
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112