• 47(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-21, 18:15)Patrics83 Wrote: BTW, I tried to play a movie with flac (Lossless) audio on both Pi b+ and Pi2 B. The playback was really sluggish and audio was several seconds ahead. I tried all possible settings. OMXPlayer hardware support made it better but not enough to make it watchable.
Doesn't the DVDPlayer/OMXPlayer support flac?

FLAC should be fine. If you have a video that doesn't okay well, then produce a sample (e.g. 200MB), check problem still exists, and upload it (e.g. to dropbox or google drive).
(2015-02-21, 18:19)popcornmix Wrote: FLAC should be fine. If you have a video that doesn't okay well, then produce a sample (e.g. 200MB), check problem still exists, and upload it (e.g. to dropbox or google drive).

PM sent...
Using build 0220 and it has crashed several times watching LiveTV. My backend is MythTV and my provider is Charter. The channels were HD (1080i) and MPEG2. I am using OMXPlayer.

Crash log at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TU_Cp...sp=sharing
(2015-02-21, 21:27)zaphod24 Wrote: Using build 0220 and it has crashed several times watching LiveTV. My backend is MythTV and my provider is Charter. The channels were HD (1080i) and MPEG2. I am using OMXPlayer.

Crash log at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TU_Cp...sp=sharing

Code:
14:04:33 50567.054688 T:1969135616  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Can you enable debug logging and ffmpeg component logging, and provide the debug log after the crash.
Hello,

I just updated to New OpenELEC I****** build #0220: RPi / RPi2

Problem is, that I cannot change network settings. I would like to change from DHCP to MANUAL. Everything I enter in MANUAL-dialogs is not saved, so I cannot connect to my network.

That was the short story. Here is the long version:
I installed openelec 5.0.3 on my Raspberry Pi 2.
I have got the same issue there (cannot change dhcp to manual). That seems to be a bug...

I found that articel http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...ual#132598 on the topic.

After some trials I thought to update to a newer version (#0220). But the same problem here. No changes possible.
Disabled OMXPlayer and haven't had the issue with > 1 hour of LiveTV. The crashes occurred most often during commercials, so I'm guessing they were related to resolution and/or frame rate changes. I've also seen some decode/stream issues with Charter today, so perhaps OMXPlayer is more sensitive to errors in the mpeg2 stream.

Going to try things with OMXPlayer disabled a while longer and see how that works since it was recently disabled by default. I have noticed that using dvdplayer and bringing up and of the GUI overlays exhibits odd behavior from time to time where the overlay doesn't go away (hit the 'i' button for info and then again to make it go away). Not sure if anyone else can reproduce that.
New OpenELEC I****** build #0221: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi22 3.19.0 #1 SMP Sat Feb 21 21:04:19 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 21 2015 18:37:41
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 35719cfaa6b22a5743a7de87ddbae98b1ff37d9b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150221210251-#0221-gea2ba04 [Build #0221]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001294.049: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (ea2ba040, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b69ccc82, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. fsck/resize/installer changes
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 21):
    • firmware: diadv: Fix for parity of bff frames See: link
    • firmware: Fix for L1 cache coherency issue that could cause boot failure
    • firmware: diadv: Fixes for advanced deinterlace to improve deinterlace quality. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add board-specific synonyms for overrides and labels. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • Change the default settings level to "advanced" (PR:3929, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • xpad rework for 3.19 (PR:3933, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • init: fsck -y when automatic repair fails (PR:3888, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fs-resize: do forced reboot (5cc69a45)
    • backup-restore: do forced reboot (b1e02d97)
    • factory-reset: do forced reboot (c9f26b60)
    • installer: do forced reboot/poweroff (f8402f41)
    • kodi: meh fix guisettings/sources (93aa5054)
    • cleanup tools/mkpkg (8b7a3b4a)
    • tinyxml2: update to 1.0.12. build static (5a2cb109)
    • systemd: update to systemd-219 (ea2ba040)
  3. XBMC:
    • [pvr] Fix compiler warning in CGUIWindowPVRRecordings (PR:6506, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [configure] make sure the gcc-4.9 SSE workaround is only enabled on x86 (PR:6503, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [linux] prepend -Wall so it doesn't override flags from environment (PR:6493, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videoinfoscanner] reset library bools only once - fixes #15805 (PR:6507, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • videodb: cleanup paramters of CleanDatabase() (4d1f3c0d)
      • CJobQueue: add IsProcessing() (c9efe239)
      • CJobQueue: add boolean return value to AddJob() (03b5ebb8)
      • utils: add CProgressJob (78fa44b3)
      • video library: add CVideoLibraryQueue and CVideoLibraryJob (3d517559)
      • video library: move CMarkWatchedJob to CVideoLibraryMarkWatchedJob and use CVideoLibraryQueue (2085e9c8)
      • video library: introduce CVideoLibraryCleaningJob (434ca45d)
      • video library: move all video library cleaning logic into CVideoLibraryQueue (3c47ceff)
      • video library: add CVideoLibraryScanningJob (ccaaca15)
      • video library: move all video library scanning logic into CVideoLibraryQueue and allow queueing multiple library scans (92b655d0)
      • video library: add documentation for CVideoLibraryQueue and CVideoLibraryJob implementations (9a9a1fba)
      • update VS project files (373e2517)
      • sync xcode project (4fd535d1)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The link for the Rpi2 version is not correct. Correct one is: http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/maste...a2ba04.tar

EDIT: After updating to this build my NTFS partitions stopped being mounted on boot. Simply reverting to version 220 fixes that.
Thanks, link updated.

Regarding NTFS, maybe this is related to the systemd change...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Bring the reports for CEC issues over to this thread.

(2014-10-29, 20:18)popcornmix Wrote: For now I'd like reports like:

300, 80, 0 worked well on a Panasonic TX-P50VT30B.

or

300, 80, 0 didn't auto-repeat on a LG 42LB585V.
300, 80, 300 was the best setting for a LG 42LB585V. Auto-repeat worked, but it tended to overshoot when scrolling.

If we get a few dozen reports like this, we may be able to decide whether to automatically enable it for some manufacturers.
Maybe we'll decide that just an enable/disable setting is sufficient, as 300,80,0 works as well as any other enabled setting.
Maybe we'll decide that it's just a feature for test builds and is not ready for Helix.

But without people testing and reporting back we won't get anywhere.

I had the problem where the repeat was not activating.

Here are my reports for some Sony Bravia TVs.

300, 80, 0 worked on a Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000
300, 80, 0 worked on a Sony Bravia KDL-32V5500

These settings also worked well for a my receiver which is a Yamaha RX-V1077.

Just setting CEC Repeat to 80 was the fix for 3 different systems.

I would really like to see this as the default or at least an advancedsettings option. Having to use custom builds for just this setting is making maintaining multiple Kodi systems complicated.
Thanks for the automatic start of fsck -y if repair fails, that should fix sd-card issues for a lot of useres on rpi2
repeat never works in my Philips TV.
also not the 300,80,0.

On my sat-receiver, CEC repeat works flawless, so it must be some kind of flaw in kodi...
Hi again.

I've got some new problems with last versions.

The GUI frame-rate does not match the vertical refresh rate: it rise up to 80-100 fps.

That happens (randomly) during video playback.

You can try to reproduce with these steps:

1 - play a remote video;

2 - load a subtitle through OpenSubtitles add-on;

3 - seek forward and backward;

4 - browse folders, files, etc through the GUI;

5 - stop omxplayer and browse again.

Try multiple times if nothing happens and check fps in System ---> System Info --> Summary

Screenshot attached:

Thanks
(2015-02-22, 12:21)slack3r Wrote: I've got some new problems with last versions.

The GUI frame-rate does not match the vertical refresh rate: it rise up to 80-100 fps.

Can you identify the first build with this problem?
(2015-02-21, 23:21)zaphod24 Wrote: Disabled OMXPlayer and haven't had the issue with > 1 hour of LiveTV. The crashes occurred most often during commercials, so I'm guessing they were related to resolution and/or frame rate changes. I've also seen some decode/stream issues with Charter today, so perhaps OMXPlayer is more sensitive to errors in the mpeg2 stream.

Going to try things with OMXPlayer disabled a while longer and see how that works since it was recently disabled by default. I have noticed that using dvdplayer and bringing up and of the GUI overlays exhibits odd behavior from time to time where the overlay doesn't go away (hit the 'i' button for info and then again to make it go away). Not sure if anyone else can reproduce that.

Broadcast channels shouldn't switch resolution or frame rate. Cable, satellite and terrestrial channels run their encoders at fixed resolutions (480i, 480p - once used by Fox not sure anyone does now, 576i, 576p - if Aus still uses it, 720p and 1080i, with some like the BBC doing 1080i/p switching)

Fox in the US has a clever system called "The Splicer" which means the local stations pass on the network-encoded MPEG2 that they downlink, and then splice in locally encoded commercials, news, local shows etc. (and have a very clever selective decode/encode system for a couple of MPEG2 macro blocks to insert a station bug into the network feed in the MPEG2 domain). However this won't cause issues either.

It is possible that the commercials and shows are encoded differently by the encoders as they contain different mixes of interlaced, 2:2 progressive and 3:2 progressive content which could cause the encoder to change encoding modes in a way that OMXPlayer doesn't like, or it could be something nasty happening on commercial insertion I guess? Unlikely to be a change of resolution or frame rate in the encoder though, that would be very unusual. (Broadcast playout areas pretty much universally run at a fixed resolution and frame rate - 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 720/59.94p or 50p, 1080/59.94i or 50i are the dominant standards, with 23.976p and 25p content carried with 3:2 or 2:2)
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112