• 53(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-24, 15:40)evanspae Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 13:39)Milhouse Wrote: So #0213 is the last working build, or the first non-working build? Are you able to test on a Pi1, do you get the same crashes?

Just checked #0219 on RPI1 same issues activity icon goes slow then black screen and then reboots... same as on RPI2

Last working build seems to be r20266 ie #0213 on both Rpi platforms #02218,#0219,#0220,#0221,#0222 and #0223 not working

I have enabled/disabled overclocking and various H/W acceleration options including OMX player..still crashes every time when attempting Live TV with Argus client.

On rpi2 with #0223 I have renamed .kodi directory to remove all add-ons... so do not know why crashes occur. Recorded files play fine

logs here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31t8upajt9zw1...5Pfja?dl=0

Milhouse is already aware but i can confirm that the exact same thing happens with Mediaportal tv-server backend. Last working build is r20266
(2015-02-26, 01:23)Milhouse Wrote: Note that starting with #0224 MySQL compression is disabled by default, but can be re-enabled by adding "<compression>on</compression>" to your <videodatabase>/<musicdatabase> tags in advancedsettings.xml.

MySQL compression looks like it could be be a significant benefit on WiFi connections, but is probably going to have a negative impact over a decent wired connection.

It's <compression>true</compression> Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@popcornmix
About the gui fps issue, could it be related to some changes in subtitles rendering?

See below:

1 - build #0225 playing a mkv remote video:

Note that gui runs at ~30 fps.

2 - after loading a subtitle from OpenSubs add-on, gui runs at ~50 fps:

- Turning off the subtitle, gui returns to 30 fps - see first screenshot.

That's all.

Thanks for your time.
On my RPI2 with build 0225, I am still seeing some artifacts stay on screen when disabling OMXPlayer and only using DVDPlayer. These happen whenever any of the GUI overlays are brought up and then taken away. Is anyone else seeing those?

DVDPlayer also seems to slowdown every now and then, so I enabled OMXPlayer again last night. After watching recorded TV (mpeg2 from an hd homerun prime on Charter via mythtv backend) for about 20 minutes last night, Kodi crashed and restarted again. I enabled the debug log and of course it didn't crash again the rest of the night and so I turned it back off. It crashed after another 15-20 minutes today. I'm wondering if having the debug GUI information on screen is preventing it from crashing again during video playback?
(2015-02-26, 20:14)mkortstiege Wrote: It's <compression>true</compression> Wink

Technically it's any of:
Code:
<compression>on</compression>
<compression>yes</compression>
<compression>enabled</compression>
<compression>true</compression>

See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L120
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-26, 23:12)zaphod24 Wrote: DVDPlayer also seems to slowdown every now and then, so I enabled OMXPlayer again last night. After watching recorded TV (mpeg2 from an hd homerun prime on Charter via mythtv backend) for about 20 minutes last night, Kodi crashed and restarted again. I enabled the debug log and of course it didn't crash again the rest of the night and so I turned it back off. It crashed after another 15-20 minutes today. I'm wondering if having the debug GUI information on screen is preventing it from crashing again during video playback?
There may be something to that. I while ago, I had a consistently reproducible crash, so I turned on debug logging so I could report it. With logging on, I couldn't get it to crash. (I can't remember what was causing the crash anymore, and believe it was resolved within a build or two).

Popcornmix - you know what would be nice? A convenient way to toggle debug logging on and off in these testbuilds. It's cumbersome to exit what you are doing, go to settings, drill down to turn on/off debug logging, and go back to where you were. This is particularly so when you are observing a problem behaviour, and you have to exit it in order to turn on debug logging. A terminal command would be ideal.
(2015-02-27, 00:30)allan87 Wrote: Popcornmix - you know what would be nice? A convenient way to toggle debug logging on and off in these testbuilds. It's cumbersome to exit what you are doing, go to settings, drill down to turn on/off debug logging, and go back to where you were. This is particularly so when you are observing a problem behaviour, and you have to exit it in order to turn on debug logging. A terminal command would be ideal.

Code:
texturecache.py debugon
Code:
texturecache.py debugoff
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Perfect!
Finally managed to have debug logging turned on when it crashed using OMXplayer. Logs at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TU_Cp...sp=sharing
New OpenELEC I****** build #0227: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 Fri Feb 27 23:56:09 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 27 2015 15:27:39
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ce90d5ce49c21fcc290b019aab735b6299699a33 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150227235517-#0227-g6c52ccc [Build #0227]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001517.257: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6c52ccc9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (68a1ddae, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. FFmpeg HEVC optimisations (applied to external FFmpeg as newclock4 FFmpeg commits are ignored by OpenELEC)
  3. Fix missing subtitles after seek
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 27):
    • firmware: ldconfig: Fix for off by one on config list count. See: link. See: link. See: link
    • firmware: vdec3: preparation work for MVC
    • firmware: OV5647: Correct line lengths for 25MHz oscillator. See: link
    • firmware: Tuner: Enable video stabilisation. See: link
    • firmware: Annotate: Add control of text size, colour, bg colour, and handle CR. See: link
    • userland: Add vcmailbox tool for issuing mailbox commands from command line
  2. OpenELEC:
    • IMX: Linux: Backport AVM Fritz 2 Stick support - requested by users (PR:3960, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Adds support for ct2 (Olli Salonen) and pctv292e in the project imx6 (PR:3954, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Add stk1160 framescaling patch to RPi and RPi2 (PR:3948, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Revert "Rebase valve xpad rework onto 3.19" (390dbd09)
    • linux: remove unused patches (48effc8f)
    • remove package: SDL_mixer (c6e38495)
    • remove package: libmad (f9fff344)
  3. XBMC:
    • [confluence, core] String Fixes: TV settings (PR:6548, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [video] fix mark watched/unwatched from manage sub menu (PR:6550, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] make sure to get correct extension point before attempting to c... (PR:6539, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dvdplayer: audiosync (PR:6545, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • bump audioencoder.flac and audioencoder.vorbis to fix parallel build problems with ogg (PR:6555, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FIX: video db cleanup with no parent path (PR:6245, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • translations: fix some filenames in English's strings.po (58143381)
    • strings: fix Weather -> General category description (cbf6a1a6)
    • CSettingAddon: remove unused define (96e05529)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: Add some upstream HEVC optimisations (3f8cc1af)
      • [omxplayer] Attempt to fix missing subtitles after seek (b5305020)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • dvdplayer: sync audio after having issued GENERAL_RESYNC (03838299)
      • - force re-create of ffmpeg resampler after error (6398bbad)
      • dvdplayer: flush audio errors on large sync error (42ae5531)
  5. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • perf: Add support for performance counter interrupt and enable in DT (b5fe582f)
      • pinctrl: squash (e03be61d)
      • pinctrl-bcm2835: Only request the interrupts listed in the DTB (d4d542c7)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: patch: hevcdsp: ARM NEON optimized deblocking filter (ffmpeg)
    • Added: patch: avcodec/hevcdsp: ARM NEON optimized qpel functions (ffmpeg)
    • Added: patch: hevcdsp: ARM NEON optimized transforms (ffmpeg)
I can confirm that dmesg error

Code:
unexpected IRQ trap at vector 00

is fixed in #0227 RPi build.

Thanks guys. Smile
Updated to 0227 and enabled OMXPlayer again. After several hours of watching recorded and live TV, it hasn't crashed. Thanks for the continued builds!
@evanspae/@mylle: Any change in PVR behaviour with build #0227? This is a "clean" build (including ccache) which could conceivably make a difference, however build #0215 was also a clean build, so I'm just grasping at straws.

If anyone is able to describe an easy way to reproduce the PVR crashes (without tuners etc.) then I'm willing to give it a go, otherwise I'll have to put this aside until someone adds it to an official release and it becomes their problem... Sad

I tried the PVR Demo client, but it worked perfectly (build #0225).
Excuse my ignorance. How can I install a .tar file in the sd? I always did it using .img files.

I'm using windows in my pc.
Just copy it to "Update" folder of OE
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112