• 55(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-03-01, 14:40)steve1977 Wrote: Lastly, I remain to have an issue, which I am not sure what it is related to. Some movie posters do not show properly. Actually, instead of the movie poster, a zoomed in version of the movie poster is being shown. In other words, a small part of it blown up. Not sure whether an error log would be helpful. I initially thought it is because of the texture file, but even after deleting it, it remains the same issue. Happens for around 10% of my movies, so it is quite annoying. This issue was already existent in Helix-stable and now still with Isegard-alpha. I am using mysql and this issue does not exist on my other non-rpi2 clients. I don't remember having the same issue with my RPi1, but I don't have it anymore, so cannot prove whether this is correct.

I can only suggest you try re-caching them with texturecache.py (it's included as standard with my builds).

Try "texturecache.py @cache.artwork=poster C movies <moviename>" to force the re-caching of your poster artwork for the specified movie (once you're happy with this approach, try it for all your movies by not specifying <moviename>). Unfortunately there's no way for the script to know which of your movie posters are "blown up".

If it continues to happen, try uploading the poster artwork somewhere, maybe it's an odd/unusual format.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-28, 17:59)mylle Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 12:22)Milhouse Wrote: @evanspae/@mylle: Any change in PVR behaviour with build #0227? This is a "clean" build (including ccache) which could conceivably make a difference, however build #0215 was also a clean build, so I'm just grasping at straws.

If anyone is able to describe an easy way to reproduce the PVR crashes (without tuners etc.) then I'm willing to give it a go, otherwise I'll have to put this aside until someone adds it to an official release and it becomes their problem... Sad

I tried the PVR Demo client, but it worked perfectly (build #0225).

Sorry. Still crashing Sad

Maybe @margro can help?

Also still crashing ... even tried #0228 back to #0213Confused Sad
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2015-03-01, 15:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 14:40)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks, it worked now. I would think it is much easier to have it as part of the image though. If it requires a 5MB download anyways, why not just download it together with the image?
Well, some users update virtually every day, so it's a choice of 5MB every day, or 5MB just once (the current scheme won't download the video if it's already present).
Not saying that 5MB every update is completely unreasonable, but it is an argument for continuing with the current scheme.

That's what I was thinking. It's a 100MB file anyways, so even if I'd update everyday, would it make a difference whether it's 100 or 105? But anyhow, I understand where you are coming from and also makes sense this way.

(2015-03-01, 15:05)popcornmix Wrote:
Quote:Also, I actually very much like the animation, but the "cut" between the animation and the Isegard screen is quite harsh. Not sure how it can be done better, but maybe some creative minds have some ideas.
You probably also want to add:
"disable_splash=1" to config.txt
nosplash to cmdline.txt
<splash>false</splash> to advancedsettings.xml

to remove the other splash sceens and keep the boot clean.

I'd prefer to keep the Kodi splascreeen as well. I think the Kodi folks are doing a nice job with their splashscreen and it also shows the respective version and new color. Any of the config above would allow them to play nicer together? Where would I disable the animation? Have the Kodi devs already included the anomation in their nightlies? At one point, they will need to "merge" the splash screen and splash animation.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hello,

i had loaded the newest build of Kodi 15, and because there is no vpn client anymore in the settings, i wanted to install openvpn on my rasp with jodi, but i got a this message:

There is no working 'apt-get'.

'apt-get' is a command to install, update and remove software which
is stored in a non local repo. 'apt-get' does nothing then connecting to such
repo, downloads the software, unpacks the software, updates a big
local database with all filepaths and other informations about the
installed software or removes or updates installed Software.

With OpenELEC it is not possible to change the system for security and
stability reasons so even 'apt-get' would not be able to do this.
We also dont have and want to maintain such a repo for various other
great reasons.

Also Ubuntu or Debian packages are often outdated and not compatible
with OpenELEC

TIP: use XBMC's addon browser to enhance your OpenELEC system

How can i install openvpn now? I find it very sad that i feel i am in the windows/OSX/iOS Corner of software, where i been tied to have no rights to do something ;(

thanx for an inspiration to get openvpn.

Greetz,
J

PS: Congrats to this build, nevertheless. It is awesome!!! runs like hell on PI2 Smile)))
(2015-03-01, 15:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 14:40)steve1977 Wrote: Lastly, I remain to have an issue, which I am not sure what it is related to. Some movie posters do not show properly. Actually, instead of the movie poster, a zoomed in version of the movie poster is being shown. In other words, a small part of it blown up. Not sure whether an error log would be helpful. I initially thought it is because of the texture file, but even after deleting it, it remains the same issue. Happens for around 10% of my movies, so it is quite annoying. This issue was already existent in Helix-stable and now still with Isegard-alpha. I am using mysql and this issue does not exist on my other non-rpi2 clients. I don't remember having the same issue with my RPi1, but I don't have it anymore, so cannot prove whether this is correct.

I can only suggest you try re-caching them with texturecache.py (it's included as standard with my builds).

Try "texturecache.py @cache.artwork=poster C movies <moviename>" to force the re-caching of your poster artwork for the specified movie (once you're happy with this approach, try it for all your movies by not specifying <moviename>). Unfortunately there's no way for the script to know which of your movie posters are "blown up".

If it continues to happen, try uploading the poster artwork somewhere, maybe it's an odd/unusual format.

Will look later into the python script. Will take me a bit longer as I am not teh best with puty and command line. How would I put the <movie name>? Is that the file name (i.e., moviename (2005).mkv)?

Also, I noticed that the poster shows up perfectly well and right when selecting "movie information". When back to the list view, it shows yet again the "blown-up" version. Shoudln't this be the same cache? I implicitly recached by deleting all thumbnails and the texture.db files. And yet again the same issue. Never had this issue with the Win and OSX builts.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
The animation is experimental. It works best with the static splash disabled (think of the splash animation as a replacement for the static splash, not an addition). If you want to disable the animation, "touch /storage/.config/splash.disable".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@SSC_Jarod: VPN has been moved to the OpenELEC Unofficial Repository, install it from there.
(2015-03-01, 19:43)steve1977 Wrote: Will look later into the python script. Will take me a bit longer as I am not teh best with puty and command line. How would I put the <movie name>? Is that the file name (i.e., moviename (2005).mkv)?

No, it's the movie title (partial match, case insensitive).

Examples:
texturecache.py @cache.artwork=poster C movies avatar
texturecache.py @cache.artwork=poster C movies potter

The second example will match all Harry Potter movies.

(2015-03-01, 19:43)steve1977 Wrote: Also, I noticed that the poster shows up perfectly well and right when selecting "movie information". When back to the list view, it shows yet again the "blown-up" version. Shoudln't this be the same cache? I implicitly recached by deleting all thumbnails and the texture.db files. And yet again the same issue. Never had this issue with the Win and OSX builts.

Are you testing with stock Confluence?
(2015-03-01, 15:20)Milhouse Wrote: You probably just want to disable CEC in Settings -> System -> Input devices -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter -> Enabled

Thanks, remote is working and no more CEC timeout logs.
I agree that the splash movie should not be included. It should work like every other addon and download itself on install. 5 mb is a lot on the long run. maybe it's not a lot for the end user, but for the hosting company's and the people paying for the hosting it could add up pretty fast.
Is it normal when upgrading from Gotham to Kodi 15.0 that it loses all the settings? I just helped my brother update and after rebooting he was prompted for Region, IP settings, had to recalibrate the screen, change the audio output, etc, so it seems it couldn't read the existing settings at all. Have they been moved to a different folder/file?

I didn't have time to check but will his sources still be OK or will I need to edit/create a new sources.xml as well?
(2015-03-02, 01:22)doveman2 Wrote: Is it normal when upgrading from Gotham to Kodi 15.0 that it loses all the settings?

No. Although upgrading from Gotham to Kodi 15 probably isn't advisable in any case (fresh/clean installs when upgrading to a new major release).
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0301: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 Sun Mar 1 23:19:54 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 28 2015 18:36:00
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8d7f19506c5d561e7db647e02281376e7e139269 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150301231903-#0301-g595d049 [Build #0301]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001540.653: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (595d0499, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (613593fa, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. vdr-addon v4.3.9
  2. PR:6415 included in newclock4 - enables Chapter thumbnail extraction in Bookmarks OSD
    • Performance feedback welcome on this change, as it may be necessary to disable by default on Pi1 and leave enabled on Pi2. There will be a GUI setting eventually.
  3. Added: PR:3895: Use neon-vfpv4 fpu on RPi2
    • Potential performance improvement - see PR for details.
  4. Updated splash video download with wait for network
    • Network wait will timeout eventually. It's a background process, so any waiting shouldn't delay Kodi startup.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • tinyxml: build with -fPIC (b24c701e)
    • tinyxml2: build with -fPIC (ce56cfb7)
    • tntnet: update to tntnet-2.2.1 (90093f2a)
    • vdr-iptv: update to vdr-iptv-2.2.0 (59885610)
    • vdr-satip: update to vdr-satip-2.2.0 (cad6c39a)
    • vdr-plugin-streamdev: update to vdr-plugin-streamdev-84c6f6b (4c225754)
    • vdr-plugin-vnsiserver: update to vdr-plugin-vnsiserver-9529e6d (5bb2f169)
    • vdr-plugin-eepg: update to vdr-plugin-eepg-9cd9a75 (a943fe9a)
    • vdr-plugin-dvbapi: update to vdr-plugin-dvbapi-c0c7fa2 (ee6370c8)
    • vdr: update to vdr-2.2.0 (f195d299)
    • vdr: bump (4.3.9). vdr-2.2.0 (stable) (595d0499)
  2. XBMC:
    • [video] Only allow delete from library if user has DB write permission (PR:6570, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [scraper] retry without appending year after first fail (PR:6532, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Invalidate repo data on version change (PR:6568, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • i.MX6 rework which decouples GUI (fb0) and video rendering (fb1), framebuffers are composed with DP in hw (PR:6351, 8 commits, 16 files changed)
    • [New 3D rendering mode] Anaglyph yellow/blue (PR:6345, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • [mysql] use compression protocol (PR:6484, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • [android] bump SDK to 17 (PR:6447, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addon] Allow addons to use kodi.addon.metadata to bring description (PR:6510, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons] remove legacy backwards compatibility behaviour (PR:6515, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Optimize CPVRChannel. No more copies, just shared pointers. (PR:6404, 1 commit, 53 files changed)
    • webserver: add support for WSGI (PR:6453, 25 commits, 88 files changed)
    • [readme] cleanup deprecated dependencies (PR:6558, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [video] First check for allowfiledeletion first (PR:6556, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [epg] cleanup for CEpgInfoTag (PR:6498, 5 commits, 6 files changed)
    • addons: support selecting installable addons for settings (PR:6549, 14 commits, 31 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [omxplayer] Fix for volume being treated as a linear scale (7ad6c630)
      • squash: ffmpeg: Add some upstream HEVC optimisations (f8be5233)
      • Revert "Load OSD dialogs on startup." (f0ef27f5)
      • added: ability to grab all chapter name and chapter positions from players (d736c79f)
      • added: ability to specify position where thumb is taken from in DVDFileInfo (fda64223)
      • added: ability to specify where to extract thumb from in thumb extractor job (e79d3f6e)
      • added: show chapters in bookmark dialog (with thumbs) (b498f85e)
      • added: if chapter is nameless, use a generic 'Chapter %u' string (8407e3cb)
      • added support chapters from bluray/dvds in bookmarks dialog (0c16e964)
      • fix weird chapter numbers in menus. (9faf3bc9)
      • set correct startpts when seeking chapters of discs. (eb9d0028)
      • sq fix crash 2 (b4357ff4)
      • Don't create thumbnail jobs on job callbacks. (95727651)
      • Don't store/query stream details when extracting chapter thumbs. (c90f010c)
      • Don't rebuild the complete chapter list when one item gets a thumb image update. (fa1230b0)
      • Don't keep this dialog in memory. With that we can cancel jobs on OnWindowUnload(). (da4fffd2)
      • sq (3be5946e)
      • Make == operator more strict. (f098fcf1)
      • Sequential chapter thumb extraction. (738bd723)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: patch: Fix build patch for binary addons
    • Added: PR:3895: Use neon-vfpv4 fpu on RPi2
    • Updated: patch: Add experimental splash video
(2015-03-01, 19:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 19:43)steve1977 Wrote: Also, I noticed that the poster shows up perfectly well and right when selecting "movie information". When back to the list view, it shows yet again the "blown-up" version. Shoudln't this be the same cache? I implicitly recached by deleting all thumbnails and the texture.db files. And yet again the same issue. Never had this issue with the Win and OSX builts.

Are you testing with stock Confluence?

Good point. I tried with Confluence and don't have the issue. So, it appears to be a skin issue in Conq. I will let the developer know.
Hi all together ;-)

I have make a fresh install from openELEC_5.0.5 and a DVD over network runs very well in DTS5.1.

Sorry - have the new build #0301 installed - no way - this "old" Phill Collins - Finally Disk1 (DVD7,3GB) is stuttering and stops after 2 minutes and Pi2 freeze now.

splash screen is downloading now without problems.

What have i to do?
Buffering / an other player ?

THX doldi
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112