• 60(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
With build #304 I get the cpu at 60-80%, especially when Tv is turned off.
(2015-03-05, 15:01)Milhouse Wrote: @popcornmix - it looks like the help description for "videolibrary.showallitems" and "musiclibrary.showallitems" has nicked the #38012 string id being used for id="audiooutput.latency" label in rbp.xml/rbp2.xml.

Okay, will fix...
(2015-03-05, 15:39)thent Wrote: ,
Maybe this thread is not the perfect place for this but from the very beginning of XBMC/Kodi the audio streams of various addons (shoutcast, radio.de, radiotunes, ...) have much higher volume level than the audio track of videos (avi container with mp3 audio and h264 video) played with dvdplayer. omxplayer is never used due to sound output over a hifiberry board.
Is there any way to normalize both to one level?

Not possible in general. Without analysing the whole file, you can't know if a file is quiet, or just starts quietly.
Some files are just encoded quieter than others.

There are options that affect volume:
You can increase amplification, which raises volume, but limits when it could clip - but that adds some distortion.
ReplayGain may affect mp3 file's volume level.
Normalize levels on downmix may volume level of multichannel audio that has been downmixed.

But there is no magic solution that will fix a problem with one movie encoding audio to use full range, and another movie only using half the possible range.
Anyone else having problems with repos not showing up with the last few builds? Addons says the last update was 31/01/14 which can't be right!
(2015-03-05, 14:04)Milhouse Wrote: I'd suggest the following is all you require:
Code:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet

Thanks, I'll tidy that up

Quote:Can you test with official OpenELEC 5.0.5 for RPi2 - if you get the same behaviour, it's an upstream issue and needs to be reported to the OpenELEC developers.

OK, I've tested with the official 5.0.5 and same problem, so I'll report it.

Quote:"or it was previously located elsewhere." - that's entirely possible, as the addon handling OpenELEC settings changed name in Helix (OpenELEC 5.x) - the addon is now called "OpenELEC-settings", and before Helix it was "service.openelec.settings", and your old Gotham settings wouldn't have migrated to Helix. Just one of the reasons why in-place upgrades are not advised.

OK, although my RPi v2 is still using service.openelec.settings, which was absent after updating and was subsequently created by the wizard. I have no OpenELEC-settings in my userdata/addon_data and usr/share/kodi/addons only has service.openelec.settings as well. Another problem I found is that it deletes the files from userdata/keymaps, so the remote doesn't function properly until remote.xml is restored.

As for why my config.txt ended up with "gpu_mem_1024=64", it seems this was done by script.openelec.rpi.config as that contains "<setting id="gpu_mem_1024" value="64" />". I recall I opened that addon but didn't edit or save anything before backing out but it seems it edited my config.txt anyway.
@doveman2, Gotham would be using .xbmc. Your upgrade will create a fresh .kodi installation.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse Are These testbuilds only for RPi and RPi2?? will it runs on asus chromebox?

Regards
Yes, only RPi/RPi2. Won't run on Chromebox.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-06, 03:55)Milhouse Wrote: @doveman2, Gotham would be using .xbmc. Your upgrade will create a fresh .kodi installation.

Another doh! Of course, that would explain why the settings don't transfer. I do still only have /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.openelec.settings on both my B and v2 though and strangely sources.xml seems to get copied from .xbmc to .kodi automatically as I was worried after upgrading my brother's B that he wouldn't have access to his media anymore but when I checked today, the file was in place (and he wouldn't have a clue how to copy that file from his backup, so I know he didn't do it). So it seems it would be possible to copy the other settings files automatically as well.
(2015-03-05, 16:24)popcornmix Wrote: Not possible in general. Without analysing the whole file, you can't know if a file is quiet, or just starts quietly.
Some files are just encoded quieter than others.

There are options that affect volume:
You can increase amplification, which raises volume, but limits when it could clip - but that adds some distortion.
ReplayGain may affect mp3 file's volume level.
Normalize levels on downmix may volume level of multichannel audio that has been downmixed.

But there is no magic solution that will fix a problem with one movie encoding audio to use full range, and another movie only using half the possible range.

Surely if the audio addons are consistently much louder than video playback, the easiest thing to do would be to attenuate the audio addons to lower their volume by a set amount? I don't know if there's a mechanism in Kodi that would enable it to identify these audio addons to do this but if not, it seems fairly straightforward to introduce a new identifier by which said addons could so identify themselves and then check for that when starting playback. The addons would of course need to be updated to incorporate that identifier, unless it could be stored in their config files (or a new file alongside them) in /userdata so that users could add it themselves.
Using build #304 increased idle CPU usage by around 300%. Since I'm running it 24h/d it made the temperature raise from 38º to 46º Celsius .
(2015-03-06, 05:05)rbmaster Wrote: Using build #304 increased idle CPU usage by around 300%. Since I'm running it 24h/d it made the temperature raise from 38º to 46º Celsius .
I think this is a kodi issue, I am seeing the same behavior on my C1 after the eiesengard update.
(2015-03-06, 05:05)rbmaster Wrote: Using build #304 increased idle CPU usage by around 300%. Since I'm running it 24h/d it made the temperature raise from 38º to 46º Celsius .

Same here as I reported back.
I'm trying to install chorus through a .zip file (webinterface.chorus-0.3.9.zip) and each time I try to install it it gives me the following error "add-on does not have the correct structure".

This is the zip I'm using.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5104...-0.3.9.zip

Is it not compatible with kodi 15.0?

How can I fix it?.

Thanks.
How about installing it from official repo? I think the error explains himself.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112