• 61(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
@Fraludio - absolutely unrelated to this thread - please ask in general help.
(2015-03-06, 13:53)da-anda Wrote: @Fraludio - absolutely unrelated to this thread - please ask in general help.

Sorrt, I was not sure if it had something to do about thus being a beta or something like that.
(2015-03-06, 05:05)rbmaster Wrote: Using build #304 increased idle CPU usage by around 300%. Since I'm running it 24h/d it made the temperature raise from 38º to 46º Celsius .

I'm seeing about 20%.
Pi1 or Pi2? What skin are you using? Do you see it straight from boot on initial screen, or only in certain screens?
I asked my brother, before I buy him a HifiBerry DAC+, whether he has any media that doesn't work properly with dvdplayer and he tells me that the .flvs he creates from various online sources with a Chrome online video downloader addon don't play properly with it and he has to use omxplayer for those.

I assume the best thing to do is for him to cut a section from one (they're about 200MB each) and upload it and then I can share it and someone who knows what they're doing can take a look at it and advise whether anything can be done in Kodi to make them play properly with dvdplayer, or whether I should just get him to run them through some transcoder to make them compatible.

Can anyone suggest an easy tool for him to use to cut a section from these flvs for uploading please, or alternatively if there's no chance that Kodi can be adapted to make them work, an easy way for him to transcode them to make them compatible?
(2015-03-06, 19:47)doveman2 Wrote: I assume the best thing to do is for him to cut a section from one (they're about 200MB each) and upload it and then I can share it and someone who knows what they're doing can take a look at it and advise whether anything can be done in Kodi to make them play properly with dvdplayer, or whether I should just get him to run them through some transcoder to make them compatible.

If the whole file is 200MB then just upload that (e.g. to google drive or Dropbox) and send me a link.
When installing a new zip file, I get an incorrect file structure error. Running on the latest build. Does it have something to do with this error (that has been fixed)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6589/files

Would it be fixed in the next build? Other then that, my RPI2 working very well
(2015-03-06, 16:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 05:05)rbmaster Wrote: Using build #304 increased idle CPU usage by around 300%. Since I'm running it 24h/d it made the temperature raise from 38º to 46º Celsius .

I'm seeing about 20%.
Pi1 or Pi2? What skin are you using? Do you see it straight from boot on initial screen, or only in certain screens?

Pi2. I'm using the amber skin but I can try the confluence skin and check if the behaviour is the same, I didn't do it before because the skin files are still the same, meaning I didn't update it between these testing versions. I see this behaviour on all screens, even booting straight up to the main screen and even using a black screen as the screensaver.

Did anything related to the dirty regions algorithm got changed? I can also try to disable my dirty regions manual settings in teh advancedsettings.xml file.
There's really no need to fiddle with dirty regions, just trust the system defaults. However if you've added your own dirty region settings to advancedsettings.xml that could well be buggering things up, so remove them.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-07, 02:14)Milhouse Wrote: There's really no need to fiddle with dirty regions, just trust the system defaults. However if you've added your own dirty region settings to advancedsettings.xml that could well be buggering things up, so remove them.

I was using these configurations in the advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <fanartheight>560</fanartheight>
    <thumbsize>256</thumbsize>
    <network>
        <cachemembuffer>104857600</cachemembuffer>  <!-- Comment: Default
is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->
    </network>
    <gui>
        <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
        <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
    </gui>
    <nodvdrom>true</nodvdrom>
</advancedsettings>

Using older builds or even Openelec 5.05 I get 0-2% of cpu usage most of the time on idle, with a black screen screen-saver, with some spikes from time to time to 6, 8 or even 12, but these are just spikes from time to time and probably they are related to being using SSH and the op command to measure it.

Using build #304 with my dirty regions settings I get 4-6% of cpu usage with the same setup as before, and with the same kind of spikes from time to time.

Using build #304 without my dirty regions settings increase it even further to 7-9%, again, same setup, same kind of spikes from time to time.
(2015-03-06, 23:07)popcornmix Wrote: If the whole file is 200MB then just upload that (e.g. to google drive or Dropbox) and send me a link.

OK, thanks, will do.
With build #303 on my B I've noticed a couple of issues.

1. Pressing my remote's Context Menu button when on a video file title doesn't give the option to play with dvdplayer or omxplayer now. My brother told me his context menu button wasn't working after I updated him but that turned out to be due to the missing remote.xml (we both have the same remote). After I fixed that though, he reported that it now works but doesn't give the option to choose playback method and checking myself, it brings up the menu with Queue item, Play from her, Add to favourites and Mark as watched. If I set the options to Choose instead of Play, clicking OK gives me Play, Show Information and More and More takes me to the Queue Item, etc menu.

2. Selecting Show Information actually starts playback. This is browsing files under Videos, not from a Movie database though, so perhaps it was always like this and I just never noticed?
1. This is correct behaviour, the Play Using option was dropped a long time ago - Kodi will now choose the optimal solution for playback based on the file being played.

2. Doesn't do that for me, check what button your remote.xml is sending.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-07, 02:46)rbmaster Wrote: Using build #304 without my dirty regions settings increase it even further to 7-9%, again, same setup, same kind of spikes from time to time.

I do agree there is a CPU load increase at idle in #0304, chances are it's something to do with the following commits:

(2015-03-05, 03:35)Milhouse Wrote:
  • newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • test: fix for dirty rendering with skipped updates (26d76109)
      • test: Set and reset the dirty flag in a more sane way (0bb640d4)

You can visualise the problem as follows:

1. Enable visualizedirtyregions in advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<gui><visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions></gui>
2. Restart Kodi (systemctl restart kodi)
3. Navitgate horizontally on the Home menu, ie. move left from Movies to Videos
4. Note the red dirty region marks over the "Movies" label in the menu - this should only be temporary, but in #0304 the menu is constantly marked as dirty, hence the increased CPU load

So there seems to be a problem with the menu, with old/new menu items being constantly marked as dirty.

There's a similar problem in Movies -> Recently Added (Fanart view) - as you scroll through the posters from left to right, the previously highlighted posters remain dirty whenever a new poster is highlighted.
With the two test commits reverted, the menu dirty region rendering is back to normal (low CPU, <2% on 1GHz Pi2).
this is strange:

when i use purcased mp2 codec my livetv is stuttering and out of sync
i tryed to uncommend decode_MPG2 and livetv works fine.

setup is: rpi2 build 304 using dvbviewer with win8 DD cine c/t
same with tvheadend but openelec 5.0.5 works with enabled codec
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112