• 81(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-03-19, 00:12)hdmkv Wrote: Noob question as I've never had a Pi. Just got my Pi2. How do I set-up microSD card with latest build on p1 of this thread? I want OpenELEC; don't need other OS.

Download a stable build:
http://openelec.tv/index.php/get-openelec

make sure you get the "Raspberry Pi 2" build. Download the Diskimage and follow the instructions.

Then you can update with Milhouse's tar file.
E.g. from windows browse (in file explorer) to \\<IP address> and copy the tar file into Update folder, then reboot.
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC
Thank you.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0318: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.1 #1 Wed Mar 18 21:55:46 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 16 2015 19:34:31
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 51ab816b505d1b745130562908d866915c836056 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150318215454-#0318-g594f7c5 [Build #0318]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001524.668: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (594f7c52, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (28fc68b4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Update to openssh-6.8p1, wpa-supplicant-2.4.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Add rtl8180 kernel driver (PR:4017, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • libXxf86vm: update to libXxf86vm-1.1.4 (0850b6d8)
    • libevdev: update to libevdev-1.3.2 (9341cf1c)
    • libaacs: update to libaacs-0.8.1 (498e8871)
    • wpa_supplicant: update to wpa_supplicant-2.4 (4c433b6d)
    • dbus-glib: update to dbus-glib-0.104 (651148e0)
    • glib: update to glib-2.42.2 (f867adf8)
    • libevdev: update to libevdev-1.4 (f64a368e)
    • vdpauinfo: update to vdpauinfo-1.0 (7aacedae)
    • libvdpau: update to libvdpau-1.1 (45b6825c)
    • openssh: update to openssh-6.8p1 (1fd9a728)
    • New package - libinput (0475913d)
    • New package - mtdev. This is a hard dependency of libinput (3057ee8c)
    • New package - xf86-input-libinput (cdf5fa9d)
    • build libevdev shared not static due to an issue with leaky symbols https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=82292 (1307b5e9)
    • Exchange xf86-input-evdev for xf86-input-libinput (50da03e5)
    • Remove package - xf86-input-evdev (b88f9666)
    • packages/linux: Update Linux kernel for Amlogic to 3.10-cc5fcae (4b7ca82e)
    • Downgrade wetekdvb driver to 20150305, because it seems newer one causes problems (4916d8c6)
    • xf86-input-libinput: fix build (594f7c52)
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] Bump pvr.hts to version 2.1.6 (PVR addon API 1.9.6) (PR:6752, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [epg] CEpgInfoTag: Reintroduced mutex protection for m_pvrchannel and m_recording. (PR:6749, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [configure] fix warning during compile configure.in is deprecated (PR:6751, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [omxplayer] Allow HDMI output to work when ALSA card is selected (PR:6756, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Use ffmpeg for quiet noise generation (5131eb94)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [experimental] Disable quiet-noise generation (0560be50)
      • squash: [experimental] Use ffmpeg for quiet noise generation (2b23c98e)
      • squash: Use bit mask for resampler flags (31e2381e)
      • [omxplayer] Allow HDMI output to work when unsupported ALSA card is selected (619fd813)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse,

Here is a couple of crash log files with debugging enabled:

http://sprunge.us/NUgL

http://sprunge.us/dQXY

Let me know if you need any specific debug levels enabled beyond what is here. I'm noticing that each time it restarts, it tells me that no CEC enabled TV is detected. I didn't see that on the previous tests.

This SEGV looks a little different than the 317 build was generating, I guess there are some code changes between the two builds, or maybe the debug info is causing it to blow up at a different address?

Is there a file size limit to the debian pastebin site? When I tried that site (the default with raspbian), it just gave me the http://paste.debian.net so I had to specify the sprunge location on the command line.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Thanks, that's a bit more like it. Can you test with tonight's #0318, as this includes PR6749 which seems to be fixing a problem in the same area (CEpgInfoTag) as the crash you're seeing in #0318x, so it may already be fixed...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Nope, it's not PR:6749, it's this from PR6738. Fix should be available soon, hopefully in time for #0319.
@Milhouse can you try https://clbin.com/ekh3y (you have just left IRC...)

Edit: ah, well, wait for xhaggi then as I can't test it.
I'll try 0318 but just in case PR:6749 doesn't correct the problem, here is the crashlog from 0318x that you built with debug (and thanks for that!!):

http://sprunge.us/bXHi
Well, that would have been too easy Smile Back to 0315 for me...
There'll be a fix in #0319 one way or another, either a PR from xhaggi or menakite's patch. Smile
@zaphod24 - since the malformed query doesn't entirely explain the crash, I'm going to upload an RPi2 debug build with menakites patch, so if you could test that again that would be great. Should be there in about 45 minutes or so, if you're still around...
Dude! What time zone are you in? I thought maybe UK? I'm USA east coast. Do you ever sleep Smile

If you create another debug build I'll test it out before work in the morning.
@zaphod24/@afremont: There's a debug-enabled RPi2 build with menakite's patch here: #0319x (not bothering with an RPi build as you're both RPi2 users) - please upload your crash logs if it continues to crash, thanks.

Edit: UK, have always preferred working late... although probably calling it quits for tonight!
Thanks for the 0319x debug build. Of course it has been perfect and not crashed, so I guess the issue with the EPG is fixed Smile
Thumbs Up 
I was having issues running the latest updates, copying over smb gave md5 errors. Running wget through ssh fixed that. I got the size error, running gparted to resize the fat partition fixed that. Thanks for this thread and the updates. Smile
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112