OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
I had a lot of that stuttering, then speed variations as it resynced before, so I just made a practice of not using DVDPlayer. I'm trying DVDPlayer right now and it looks pretty decent so far. Watching MeTV as well with it's horrible bitrate for video. Here is a screenshot with codec info showing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr42j7tpm5h3gn...1.png?dl=0

Looks like it skips a frame about every 10 (maybe 9.9ish) seconds. The drop:1 and pc:1 are from the beginning. As long as DVDPlayer can keep up the good work, I'm satisfied to use it instead of OMXPlayer. I'll have to give it some time and see how it goes. It seems to maintain better A/V sync than OMXPlayer at all times. I don't notice the sliding around. It might be off by a tiny amount, but it's completely acceptable.

I see the codec info seems to show the a/v going from 0 to -0.040 at the max. It takes about 1 second for a cycle of that to happen. It's updating so fast that's it's really hard to tell. I'd have to make a movie of the screen to actually see what it's doing. At any rate, it looks pretty good. I'll try sticking with DVDPlayer instead. Skipping a frame every 10 seconds isn't noticeable. Is the frame skip due to syncing to the refresh rate of the display (projector Optoma HD25e)? As in a phase type mismatch? I ask because the skip seems to occur at precise intervals.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by afremont - 2015-03-20, 17:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112