OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-04-04, 08:12)afremont Wrote: The last couple of builds that I've tried are doing something that is freaking out my Onkyo. At random times, the receiver is acting like the incoming video signal is changing refresh rates or something. It blacks out, then clicks and finally the video and audio comes back on. It always says that it's 60Hz 1920x1080 It's doing it every few seconds on live TV that has a 1080i signal. It doesn't matter what player that I'm using. I noticed it in the 331 build, and with the 403 build its gotten to be completely intolerable with certain channels that definitely have a good signal. It doesn't seem to matter what options that I have enabled (adjust display refresh rate to match video or sync playback to display). It seems that any combination makes no difference.

It seems to be worse on 1080i live TV. 720P live TV seems to be ok in a quick test. My wife says that she saw it with a MeTV (640x480) recording as well using the 330 build. I also tried setting the GUI to 59.94 but that didn't seem to help either. It did seem to be worse with the GUI on screen

Since I've had other things going lately, I haven't stepped through all the builds, so I can't tell you exactly when it appeared. I went from 320 to 331 then to 403. It was definitely fine in 320 FWIW. The Onkyo automatically upscales everything it receives to 1080p. I'm working on figuring out how to turn that off to see if it helps at all, but I suspect it isn't going to matter. When I can see the picture, the DISPLAY feature on the Onkyo shows the incoming signal to be 1080P 60HZ. When it blanks out, my projector also has to resync to the incoming signal, but always shows 1080p 60Hz when it gets synced.

I'm thinking that the Pi output is dropping out for a split second. It only does this when playing TV, never when it's just the gui on the screen. I don't have any videos that I can check it with, other than a bunch of low res TV recordings and they seem ok the vast majority of the time, but my wife said she saw it happen once with one of them. Maybe this all connected to deinterlacing since the 720p TV seems ok?

I'm having similar issues.

Messages In This Thread
Missing splash video - by Dinos52 - 2015-02-09, 21:02
MVC Support - by woronczak - 2015-03-12, 05:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - by Gregoire - 2015-04-04, 11:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112