• 46(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Yeah, just wish Netflix would support 1080p in Chrome as they do in Safari 8 and IE 11. Actually 720p is not that bad at all, it's just that for some reason some shows don't even display in 720p! Like House of cards that support 4K on Smart Tv , and 1080p in both Safari and IE, just supports SD in Chrome. A lot of movies and shows that should at least support 720p in Chrome, only display in crappy SD.

So I do agree with you, I much prefer Linux, but Win/OSX users have the advantage of supporting 1080p.
(2015-05-06, 13:07)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 07:58)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 06:16)phsyraxion Wrote: I live in Australia (Adelaide in SA Specifically).

When I checked the Log it said it could not load the pwindow for the plugin.

I have it working on my test machine great but I copied over the whole plugin to my HTPC and I still have the issue where it opens to the file browser in Kodi instead of the plugin. I need to troubleshoot that more before asking for help on that but the fact it works on my test machine suggests I have something screwy.

I will have to donate a few beers your way because this is the single reason I use Netflix. Without this addon I would not even bother with an account.

Usually the pwindow log entry happens after the actual problem in the log. Maybe post up a chunk of the log from before and after this point.

As for the beer, I appreciate the offer but I'm just the latest in a large group of people who have worked, and are working on Netflixbmc. At this point, all donations should go to Corona.
Corona lives in melbourne so you can send them via courier :-)

And I live in Melbourne too, and you're in Geelong. Interesting coincidence.
(2015-05-06, 13:26)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 13:07)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 07:58)insertnamehere Wrote: Usually the pwindow log entry happens after the actual problem in the log. Maybe post up a chunk of the log from before and after this point.

As for the beer, I appreciate the offer but I'm just the latest in a large group of people who have worked, and are working on Netflixbmc. At this point, all donations should go to Corona.
Corona lives in melbourne so you can send them via courier :-)

And I live in Melbourne too, and you're in Geelong. Interesting coincidence.
Wow small world.
(2015-05-06, 13:22)Soli Wrote: Yeah, just wish Netflix would support 1080p in Chrome as they do in Safari 8 and IE 11. Actually 720p is not that bad at all, it's just that for some reason some shows don't even display in 720p! Like House of cards that support 4K on Smart Tv , and 1080p in both Safari and IE, just supports SD in Chrome. A lot of movies and shows that should at least support 720p in Chrome, only display in crappy SD.

So I do agree with you, I much prefer Linux, but Win/OSX users have the advantage of supporting 1080p.
Is that a html5 limitation? Or does ie support 1080p in html5 too?
(2015-05-06, 13:22)Soli Wrote: Yeah, just wish Netflix would support 1080p in Chrome as they do in Safari 8 and IE 11. Actually 720p is not that bad at all, it's just that for some reason some shows don't even display in 720p! Like House of cards that support 4K on Smart Tv , and 1080p in both Safari and IE, just supports SD in Chrome. A lot of movies and shows that should at least support 720p in Chrome, only display in crappy SD.

Interesting thread on the topic

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2...h_netflix/

I only have sd netflix which suit me fine. I have a hd 40" tv but I guess I am used to dvd rips
(2015-05-06, 13:46)JasonPell Wrote:

Is that a html5 limitation? Or does ie support 1080p in html5 too?

Youtube works @4k using html5. Both safari8 and ie11 are using html5 as the interface to netflix. I have no idea why Chrome is limited to 720p, and 480p (when it should have been 720p at least).
Is there a way of using this with an us vpn?

I use chrome launcher with hola extension and the us content shows fine, but i'd like to use NetfliXBMC to get netflix content directly in kodi, without the need to browse content in netflix.com first.
In principal, yes, NetfliXBMC does not care whether you are using a VPN or not. I'm not sure about browser-specific VPNs and their compatibility with Chrome Launcher + NetfliXBMC, but Hola is also available as a VPN that can be configured for your full operating system (i.e., you can use Hola without the Chrome Extension by installing Hola on Windows/MacOSX).
(2015-05-06, 16:04)pkiff Wrote: In principal, yes, NetfliXBMC does not care whether you are using a VPN or not. I'm not sure about browser-specific VPNs and their compatibility with Chrome Launcher + NetfliXBMC, but Hola is also available as a VPN that can be configured for your full operating system (i.e., you can use Hola without the Chrome Extension by installing Hola on Windows/MacOSX).

Interesting, didn't know about the windows version. A little off topic, but is it free too? works the same way? it would then show the us netflix content at kodi, instead of showing my country's right?

i'm at work now, can't test it out right now...
(2015-05-06, 16:11)gabrielduartee Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 16:04)pkiff Wrote: [....] but Hola is also available as a VPN that can be configured for your full operating system (i.e., you can use Hola without the Chrome Extension by installing Hola on Windows/MacOSX).
Interesting, didn't know about the windows version. A little off topic, but is it free too? works the same way? it would then show the us netflix content at kodi, instead of showing my country's right?
Disclaimer: I don't use Hola, and can't speak to whether my solution is functional in actual practice. In 2014, I tested NetfliXBMC on a Windows 7 machine with Private Internet Access and it worked as designed and displayed country-specific content as expected, browsable within XBMC/Kodi.
(2015-05-06, 16:17)pkiff Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 16:11)gabrielduartee Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 16:04)pkiff Wrote: [....] but Hola is also available as a VPN that can be configured for your full operating system (i.e., you can use Hola without the Chrome Extension by installing Hola on Windows/MacOSX).
Disclaimer: I don't use Hola, and can't speak to whether my solution is functional in actual practice. In 2014, I tested NetfliXBMC on a Windows 7 machine with Private Internet Access and it worked as designed and displayed country-specific content as expected, browsable within XBMC/Kodi.

Gonna test when i get home than and post the results here after. Thanks!
(2015-05-05, 10:40)Soli Wrote: That is correct, but do add the exports after the shebang to fix the missing api notification.
Add .config/xorg.conf and .config/asound.conf to fix tearing and sound. Then your're good to go.

What did you change in xorg.conf to fix the tearing?
Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Graphics"
Driver "intel"
Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection
(2015-05-05, 09:59)Soli Wrote: A custom script to load chromium:

Shebang
Path-to-chromium $@

Could you share your script her ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
This script works perfect for me. Thank you Soli and nickr.

#!/bin/bash
export GOOGLE_API_KEY="no"
export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_ID="no"
export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_SECRET="no"
/storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chromium/bin/chromium $@
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217