• 92(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
for me movies section works good enough, I can add movies to database and play them.
Unfortunately series don't work at all.
Has anybody a solution for that?

Code:
02:26:31 T:4220   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1360, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 976, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                content = json.loads(content)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Hi, first thank you for the dev it loooks really great.

But doesnt work for me, i can access to my profiles (after logging) but when it loading "Netflix loading metadata", the list still empty (i got only 'next page" element)

Info = Kodi
Linux mint 17.2 x64 (libnss3) > Chrome Version 47.0.2526.73 (64-bit) (Netflix works in my browser)
Huh
Thanks for help.
(2015-12-05, 14:09)HomeDope Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 19:15)presslab Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 05:22)-zero- Wrote: That's the repo: netflix addon

The push from today is missing. Huh
Will look for it today.
But now I go to sleep.

Thank you, my Netflix is working again! I implemented play_video_main and I can now play videos using Chrome.

Code:
elif mode == 'play_video_main':
    os.system('sh /home/kodi/emu/chrome.sh --koisk --start-fullscreen https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
Can you post a zip file with changes Smile

2nd this! Please!Rofl
so guys we have the original plugin which is able to start a movie via chrome fine,
and we have zero's plugin which can browse movies and series and add them to the database, but can't start a video with Chrome, am I right?
Hopefully somebody is able to merge those two addons to a working one :-)
(2015-12-08, 05:48)horstepipe Wrote: so guys we have the original plugin which is able to start a movie via chrome fine,
and we have zero's plugin which can browse movies and series and add them to the database, but can't start a video with Chrome, am I right?
Hopefully somebody is able to merge those two addons to a working one :-)

No problemo. Just replace your addon.py with this:
Code:
from __future__ import unicode_literals

from resources import connect
from resources import delete
from resources import general
from resources import library
from resources import list
from resources import play
from resources import profiles
from resources import queue
from resources import search
from resources import utility
import os
utility.log('\n\nStart of plugin')

while (utility.get_setting('username') or utility.get_setting('password')) == '':
    utility.open_setting()

if len(utility.get_setting('country')) == 0 and len(utility.get_setting('language').split('-')) > 1:
    utility.set_setting('country', utility.get_setting('language').split('-')[1])

utility.prepare_folders()
connect.new_session()

parameters = utility.parameters_to_dictionary(sys.argv[2])
name = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'name')
url = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'url')
mode = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'mode')
thumb = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'thumb')
video_type = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'type')
season = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'season')
series_id = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'series_id')
run_as_widget = utility.get_parameter(parameters, 'widget') == 'true'

if mode == 'main':
    general.main(video_type)
elif mode == 'list_videos':
    list.videos(url, video_type, run_as_widget)
elif mode == 'list_seasons':
    list.seasons(name, url, thumb)
elif mode == 'list_episodes':
    list.episodes(series_id, url)
elif mode == 'list_genres':
    list.genres(video_type)
elif mode == 'list_viewing_activity':
    list.view_activity(video_type, run_as_widget)
elif mode == 'add_to_queue':
    queue.add(url)
elif mode == 'remove_from_queue':
    queue.remove(url)
elif mode == 'add_movie_to_library':
    library.movie(url, name)
elif mode == 'add_series_to_library':
    library.series(series_id, name, url)
elif mode == 'play_trailer':
    play.trailer(url, video_type)
elif mode == 'update_displayed_profile':
    profiles.update_displayed()
elif mode == 'search':
    search.netflix(video_type)
elif mode == 'delete_cookies':
    delete.cookies()
elif mode == 'delete_cache':
    delete.cache()
elif mode == 'reset_addon':
    delete.addon()
elif mode == 'play_video_main':
    os.system('"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
elif mode == 'play_video':
    os.system('"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
else:
    general.index()

The script above was modified by me to use internet explorer under windows. Replace it with the path and command line options for kiosk mode for chrome if you want to use chrome. I think i saw an example of that for linux in a post above somewhere.
Ideally the zero changes should be merged into netflixbmc as that is the original plugin and I for one don't think a fork is justified. If corona is not up for doing the work I will take a look in the next week or so. Basically zero code will become bulk of netflixbmc add-on. Only the browser integration will remain.

It's my last week and half at work before holiday so going to be tough to find time
I will try to include the play things soon.
Currently the add/remove from my list things is giving me a headache.
The urls and so are good but it's not working. Sad but I guess soon I get some idea how to overcome this problem. Smile
And there is a lot of optimization possible - still have some ideas.

@JasonPell
I will try to make a request for code change.

@Nibar
Play function is not included. If the problems occurs earlier post a log.
Otherwise help is not possible. Wink
(2015-06-20, 19:58)JasonPell Wrote: I am working on a android app to enable "casting" of a movie to the playVideo mode of Netflixbmc. It means you do all the navigation inside a browser on your android device. When you click the play button in the website android will prompt you to choose who should handle the request

You choose my Netflixbmc client app. This client app sends a jsonrpc request to kodi which will then load chrome with the chrome launcher plugin

I hacked a first cut tonight and it actually works but its nasty rough as I am not a gui person

https://github.com/pellcorp/netflixbmc

And I am only just learning android dev.

Its a good stop gap for me as I can still use my ir remote to control the playback just need my phone to choose the movie or tv ep to watch.

The web ui is actually better on a tablet. You can choose which episode to watch.

I will work on cleaning the app up over the next few days and post a link to a apk when I do.

I have a google play developer account but I don't want to post it to google play until its bullet proof
Hello Jason. This seems what I have been looking for. I use an android box to view my movies and run Kodi, but the netflix app is not remote friendly. With your app I can install in the box and use to browse with the remote?
Chrome on Android does not support the drm so don't believe that will work
(2015-12-10, 01:31)JasonPell Wrote: Chrome on Android does not support the drm so don't believe that will work
Too bad. Actually netflix has the solution, the Android TV app but unfortunately I can't install without some kind off hack because the app checks if it's a authorised device. I've searched the web and beyond without success. Anyway, great job I'm sure this helps others.
Hi,

actually installed netflix from here https://github.com/z-e-r-o/plugin.video.netflix and replaced the addon.py with http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2181303
Did not work either:

Code:
01:25:26 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
01:25:26 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:25:26 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: plugin.video.netflix:

Start of plugin
01:25:26 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: plugin.video.netflix: Loading url: https://www.netflix.com/api/shakti/3a8c060b/pathEvaluator?materialize=true&model=harris
01:25:27 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: plugin.video.netflix: Downloading cover art. type: movie, video_id: 70222859, title:  - Endlich Erwachsen, year: 2013
01:25:29 T:139699148277504   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: (u'average',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/addon.py", line 38, in <module>
                                                list.videos(url, video_type, run_as_widget)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/resources/list.py", line 45, in videos
                                                video(unicode(video_id), '', '', False, False, video_type, url)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/resources/list.py", line 111, in video
                                                rating = match['userRating']['average']
                                            KeyError: (u'average',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
01:25:29 T:139702191744960   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_videos&thumb&type=movie&url=recently-added
01:25:29 T:139702191744960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_videos&thumb&type=movie&url=recently-added) failed
01:25:29 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
01:25:29 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:25:29 T:139699148277504  NOTICE: plugin.video.netflix:

Start of plugin
01:25:29 T:139699297507072  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Did i missed something?
(2015-12-10, 19:58)francovilar Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 01:31)JasonPell Wrote: Chrome on Android does not support the drm so don't believe that will work
Too bad. Actually netflix has the solution, the Android TV app but unfortunately I can't install without some kind off hack because the app checks if it's a authorised device. I've searched the web and beyond without success. Anyway, great job I'm sure this helps others.

FYI netflimc can launch the netflix app directly to a video, you just have to back out of netflix when you're done to get back to kodi (I added that nugget for my shieldtv). It can only launch the phone version though so if you have an android tv you will have to sideload it
Will try. Thanks
(2015-12-11, 07:35)waterfoul Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 19:58)francovilar Wrote:

FYI netflimc can launch the netflix app directly to a video, you just have to back out of netflix when you're done to get back to kodi (I added that nugget for my shieldtv). It can only launch the phone version though so if you have an android tv you will have to sideload it

So I can I add netflix media to my Kodi library, start the movie/episode and the Netflix App opens the movie/episode I chose?
Does anyone can probably create a short howto what to do to use netflix on kodi (please detailed)?
Actually I can't follow your post without reading all pages in the entire thread.
I would really appreciate it. I think others users also.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217