[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2014-12-17, 03:28)JasonPell Wrote: I am pushing a MR for the chrome launcher which fixes the current window name issue that I encountered, at least as far as I understand the reasoning behind the code. I also included a sample browser.sh script which initialises lirc and then calls the browser. It works around the fact LIRC is still on in xbmc by refusing to open two chrome windows, this seems to work pretty well.

Yeah it never even crossed my mind that wmctrl and associated utilities/functionality might not be available. I think I'll get a chance to review this / fix this tonight.

The background if it is I've got two linux mint system, one running cinnamon wm, the other on mate. On one of them (I think cinnamon), chrome usually loads in the background and is invisible.
Typically xbmc wont even let you alt-tab so chrome really gets stuck there, not only can't you watch it but you can't even close it. wmctrl is a utility that lets you bring programs to the front programatically and I already use it in a different script/service as an application switcher that xbmc can't block.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by corona - 2014-12-17, 06:50
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217