[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2014-12-28, 12:14)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 19:15)Gremmi Wrote: Great add-on, and thanks for continuing development on it. I'm having an issue adding certain TV shows and movies to my library, however - it doesn't seem to like any episode/movie name with an unusual character (accent or similar), for instance, S3E01 of Breaking Bad, called "No Más". This is the error I get in the log:

Code:
09:58:59 T:3288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1116, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 825, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                filename = (''.join(c for c in filename.encode("utf-8") if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Running Gotham 13.2 on Win 8.1, tried with the plugin from the repo (1.3.8) and from the github (1.3.9).

I haven't tried adding anything to library so far, but your log should be enough to target the culprit. I'll have a look once I'm finished with the current bits I'm working on

(2014-12-27, 23:43)j2048b Wrote: ok am i missing something here?:
running osx, got kodi 14, installed chrome, and netflixbmc, and when i click on netfli, it brings up my lists, and shows all movies, now when i click on a movie, it shows the progress circle, and never ever plays a movie,

what am i doing wrong? is it a setting thing? do i need to add in these symbols [netflix] to crome when adding in netflix website?

can anyone assits me? id love to use this app thruout the house as i also have an ouya running 13.2 and an old atv 1, running open elec

I should have new version released soon that's had extensive testing on osx. That being said it should already work on Mac, does it give you pop-up saying script error when you try to watch something?

Unfortunately at this stage there's no way to make it work on android/iOS/ATV because Netflix doesn't work on regular chrome, and there no way to run regular chrome from a plugin.

No it doesnt pop up anything at all, it shows my lists, i choose a movie, it shows the progress circle in the lower corner, then that goes away and ur still looking at ur movie list..... It never allows the movie to start,

I wonder if i have a setting clicked or not clicked that is causing an issue perhaps?

Messages In This Thread
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by j2048b - 2014-12-28, 19:32
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217