• 4(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2014-12-29, 23:20)corvust Wrote: Hi, I'm having an issue I haven't seen posted here yet. When I click on a show to watch, instead of launching the episode it takes me to the Netflix menu in the browser (from there I can pick a show and watch it fine)

I'm running xbmcbuntu 13.2. The only relevant thing I can see in the logs is this:

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70269289
16:07:56 T:140043756525504 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70269289) failed

Thanks for any help, and the work keeping this plugin going!

Could you go to the addon settings for both netflixbmc and chrome launcher and enable debug in both of them? Then grab a copy of the log file after trying to watch something.
That error message in the log always seems to happen, even when working properly. I'm not sure how to fix it, but haven't tried too hard yet as it's not causing a problem itself.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-12-29, 21:23)toasterboy1 Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 19:32)j2048b Wrote: No it doesnt pop up anything at all, it shows my lists, i choose a movie, it shows the progress circle in the lower corner, then that goes away and ur still looking at ur movie list..... It never allows the movie to start,

I wonder if i have a setting clicked or not clicked that is causing an issue perhaps?

Same problem here with clean Kodibuntu install. I can open and login to netflix with chrome launcher, no problems.

Update: Just enabled "Override software rendering list" and the add on opened the browser. Only problem I have now is the who is watch prompt on the Netflix site.

The 'who is watching' popup in chrome should be fixed to disabling the single profile setting in netflixbmc addon settings.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-12-30, 02:17)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 11:24)crazymaca69 Wrote: this looks like a great addon. I've installed it on mac os x yosemite running Kodi 14. As soon as i open the addon, and go to input email and password details, the keyboard is blanked off and the text does not enter in to the box. Also i cannot cancel out of this i have to reboot kodi entirely.

Any ideas?

This sounds like kodi skin issue unfortunately, do you have a custom skin selected? Most of them dont work on kodi, the keyboard showing blank is one of the most common issues.

ah yes changed back to confluence and all good. Thanks Smile
(2014-12-29, 21:23)toasterboy1 Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 19:32)j2048b Wrote: No it doesnt pop up anything at all, it shows my lists, i choose a movie, it shows the progress circle in the lower corner, then that goes away and ur still looking at ur movie list..... It never allows the movie to start,

I wonder if i have a setting clicked or not clicked that is causing an issue perhaps?

Same problem here with clean Kodibuntu install. I can open and login to netflix with chrome launcher, no problems.

Update: Just enabled "Override software rendering list" and the add on opened the browser. Only problem I have now is the who is watch prompt on the Netflix site.

how do u login with chrome launcher? chrome doesnt do anything for me at all?.... it is just something that allows me to add web pages into... chrome shows up under my programs, all i can do is add web pages but when i go back to video add ons and click xbmcflix, it doesnt play anything at all...
I have a fix for an old issue with NetfliXBMC and Chrome Launcher. When you launch Chrome or the NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe fails to close, XBMC would fail to launch due to xbmc.log being locked by a different process.

I posted about in the Chrome Launcher thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1875232

My solution was to tweak the Popen calls in Chrome Launcher and NetfliXBMC so that it creates a new process instead of a subprocess, thus not preventing XBMC from fully closing.

Code:
subprocess.Popen(fullUrl, shell=False, creationflags=0x00000008, close_fds = True)

I I have I found this issue in Gotham 13.2 on Windows 8. I wrote this fix before I upgraded to Kodi Helix a couple days ago. My current testing indicates Helix resolved this issue and will not lock up as before. I decided to post this info regardless as it may help others.
Hi all, and thanks for this great add-on !
I'm facing a somewhat different issue here when trying to search a show/movie.
The logs state:

ROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 991, in <module>
search(type)
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 622, in search
listSearchVideos("http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/search/instantsearch?esn=www&term="+search_string+"&locale="+language+"&country="+country+"&authURL="+auth+"&_retry=0&routing=redirect", type)
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 245, in listSearchVideos
listVideo(str(item["id"]), "", "", False, False, type)
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 258, in listVideo
title = match[0].strip()
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:06:10 T:7736 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=movie&url
16:06:10 T:7736 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=movie&url) failed

I'm running a Intel NUC (Celeron) with Windows 8.1 Pro x64.
Kodi (14.0) and Netflixbmc 1.3.4

Any ideas?
(2014-12-30, 08:51)corona Wrote: The 'who is watching' popup in chrome should be fixed to disabling the single profile setting in netflixbmc addon settings.

Found that setting. At least now I do not have to use the mouse, I can use my remote. Also fixed my menu exit problem by resetting up my harmony remote. Did have some issues with the window not going full screen just made some edits to the Preferences file as described here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/124564/go...t-maximize
still have a line but hardly noticeable.

(2014-12-30, 22:49)j2048b Wrote: how do u login with chrome launcher? chrome doesnt do anything for me at all?.... it is just something that allows me to add web pages into... chrome shows up under my programs, all i can do is add web pages but when i go back to video add ons and click xbmcflix, it doesnt play anything at all...

Does chrome launcher open the Youtube page when you select it? If chrome launcher cannot open any pages maybe it is a problem with your chrome install. I deselected the Windows and Linux stuff under the settings as well. Not sure if that helped.
Is anyone else having problems watching normal tv shows? I get a script error when trying to watch anything in the tv shows section, every movie ive tried has worked without issueHuh
I'm getting a "Script failed!" error message when attempting to browse a TV Show on version 1.3.8 from the repo.
TV Shows > All Shows > Choose any show

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=391715

Playback of movies, or any episode of a show that I already watched (TV Shows > Viewing Activity > Choose previously started episode) works fine.
I am also getting the script failed message, but unlike the above poster I get the message ONLY when trying to go to the Viewing Activity sections under either TV Shows or Movies. Other playback works fine. On 1.3.8 and Netflix Canada.
(2015-01-03, 23:44)TheIrreverend Wrote: I am also getting the script failed message, but unlike the above poster I get the message ONLY when trying to go to the Viewing Activity sections under either TV Shows or Movies. Other playback works fine. On 1.3.8 and Netflix Canada.
Can you post just the script error not your entire log
(2015-01-04, 01:58)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 23:44)TheIrreverend Wrote: I am also getting the script failed message, but unlike the above poster I get the message ONLY when trying to go to the Viewing Activity sections under either TV Shows or Movies. Other playback works fine. On 1.3.8 and Netflix Canada.
Can you post just the script error not your entire log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=393577

I actually discovered that I was also getting an error when attempting to search, so I have included that as well. The first error was attempting to recover viewing activity, and the second was an attempt to search for the string "anchorman".

Hope that is helpful.
Thanks for keeping this addon up to date!

It works for me on debian/jessie with kodi 14.0.
I am using kodi without a desktop environment, just openbox; my .xinitrc:
/usr/bin/openbox &
AE_SINK=ALSA exec /usr/bin/xbmc

I initially had problems with no sound, but that turned out to be because chrome needs pulseaudio and kodi had exclusive and persistent access to the underlying alsa device. I set kodi to not keep the device open and then netflixbmc had sound. Of course, then pulseaudio was started by netflix and kodi started using pulseaudio instead of alsa, breaking passthrough to my 7.1 receiver. The "AE_SINK=ALSA" got that fixed too!

My only complaint is that I get only stereo (sometimes mixed as dolby prologic). I have set up a 7.1 HDMI pulseaudio profile and confirmed that it works. I can point pavucontrol at the pulse server started via chrome, using "PULSE_SERVER=/tmp/pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n/native pavucontrol". This shows that "Chromium" only has Front Left/Right channels. If I run "speaker-test -c 8" at the same as netflix is playing, it correctly outputs sound out each speaker in turn, while netflixbmc sound continues to play. I also see all 8 output channels in pavucontrol. Thus, I conclude that netflix/chrome is the problem.

Has anyone figured out how to coax netflix into outputting 5.1 or 7.1 audio? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if I do not press buttons on my remote control for 10 minutes or so, netflixbmc breaks. I assume this is because the screen saver kicks in. After pressing a button when the screen turns off, kodi reappears, but chrome continues running in the background. I hear audio, but the video is hidden and can not be stopped. Presumably the screen saver needs to be disabled by the netflixbmc plugin?
Hello,
I just installed your latest today on my Kodi 14.0 running on Windows 8.1. I am also using the Aeon Nox skin. After copying over the Chrome settings as you described in this thread, the addon launches Netflix flawlessly and plays content (great!). My only problem is that I am unable to find any way to exit the browser window in order to get back to the Kodi UI. Do I need to map some special command to my remote? Change a setting for the addon? Or am I just missing it?

Thanks for all the great work on this, it works very well!

UPDATE: LOL... OK I can answer my own question (love it when that happens). I discovered the "close" button on my WinMCE remote which cleanly closes the browser window and returns me back to the NetfliXBMC plugin in Kodi.

Cheers!
(2014-12-22, 17:20)JasonPell Wrote: The fact you get smooth playback directly in chrome is interesting as the plugin launches chrome to play the videos so there should not be that much difference. If you disable kiosk mode and once the video launches navigate within the browser session back to the main Netflix page and try another video does it play fine?

I have 3 different Ubuntu 14.04 machines all running the xbmc + Netflix plugin all run fine.

Thanks all for replying.
I tried an Ubuntu 14.04 install with all bells and whistles (instead of xubuntu or lubuntu) and then xbmc/netflixbmc and now the playback is as smooth in xbmc as in google chrome browser. Odd. Must be something specific in my hardware/software setup then. Can't say what exactly, but I leave it at that.
Thanks for your help.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217