[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Thanks for keeping this addon up to date!

It works for me on debian/jessie with kodi 14.0.
I am using kodi without a desktop environment, just openbox; my .xinitrc:
/usr/bin/openbox &
AE_SINK=ALSA exec /usr/bin/xbmc

I initially had problems with no sound, but that turned out to be because chrome needs pulseaudio and kodi had exclusive and persistent access to the underlying alsa device. I set kodi to not keep the device open and then netflixbmc had sound. Of course, then pulseaudio was started by netflix and kodi started using pulseaudio instead of alsa, breaking passthrough to my 7.1 receiver. The "AE_SINK=ALSA" got that fixed too!

My only complaint is that I get only stereo (sometimes mixed as dolby prologic). I have set up a 7.1 HDMI pulseaudio profile and confirmed that it works. I can point pavucontrol at the pulse server started via chrome, using "PULSE_SERVER=/tmp/pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n/native pavucontrol". This shows that "Chromium" only has Front Left/Right channels. If I run "speaker-test -c 8" at the same as netflix is playing, it correctly outputs sound out each speaker in turn, while netflixbmc sound continues to play. I also see all 8 output channels in pavucontrol. Thus, I conclude that netflix/chrome is the problem.

Has anyone figured out how to coax netflix into outputting 5.1 or 7.1 audio? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if I do not press buttons on my remote control for 10 minutes or so, netflixbmc breaks. I assume this is because the screen saver kicks in. After pressing a button when the screen turns off, kodi reappears, but chrome continues running in the background. I hear audio, but the video is hidden and can not be stopped. Presumably the screen saver needs to be disabled by the netflixbmc plugin?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by terpstra - 2015-01-04, 13:59
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217