• 5(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
I've been using this plugin for a long time now, and I'm switched over to the new repository using version 1.3.8. Everything had been working very nicely, but I recently upgraded from XBMC to Kodi. Now when I hit the key that is mapped to Stop, the browser exits, but kodi stays minimized in the task bar. It didn't do this in XBMC.

I've tried using both Chrome and IE (I'm on Windows) and both exhibit the same behavior. Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!
Running Kodi on Win 7 ult
netflixbmc 1.3.8
chrome launcher 1.1.1
both from Corona's repo

After launching the "Who Watching" pops up but it's blank. I can close that and view recently watched (for first profile not mine) but all other cat are blank.
My login credentials are correct and I can login fine from windows. I think I have the configuration correct for multiple netflix profiles What am I missing?

Many thanks for help and this add-on

Riverbend
(2015-01-08, 18:55)RiverBend Wrote: After launching the "Who Watching" pops up but it's blank. I can close that and view recently watched (for first profile not mine) but all other cat are blank.
My login credentials are correct and I can login fine from windows. I think I have the configuration correct for multiple netflix profiles What am I missing?

Riverbend

Same for me
I am thinking of having a local list of tv shows and movies for profiles with kids. At the moment this is missing from netflix and my 4yo can't use Netflix on his laptop as a result.

I assume this would require a local sql lite db?
Ive tried and tried, is there anyone who made it work on kodi on a aftv ?
hey
ist there no way to fix that utf issue to add series with mutations like "ä,ö,ü"?
Hey having real issues getting this running on Kodi.
Get the below error on start up every time.

17:36:07 T:22288 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:36:08 T:22288 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/us//Login
17:36:09 T:22288 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1087, in <module>
index()
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 162, in index
if login():
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 695, in login
content = load(urlMain+"/Login")
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 105, in load
r = session.get(url, verify=False).text
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 469, in get
return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 457, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 569, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 420, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
-->End of Python script error report<--
17:36:09 T:18788 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/

Thanks in advance.
(2015-01-08, 23:58)JasonPell Wrote: I am thinking of having a local list of tv shows and movies for profiles with kids. At the moment this is missing from netflix and my 4yo can't use Netflix on his laptop as a result.

I'm trying to configure a similar setup with kids profiles but without using a local list. This is almost functional out of the box. I have a separate XBMC/Kodi profile for Kids. And I have a matching Kids user configured in Netflix. And I have NetfliXBMC configured to prompt for the user when it starts. What I'd like to do is tweak the Netflix add-on settings in the Kids XBMC profile so that it no longer prompts for the user, but instead automatically loads the Kids Netflix user. But at the same time, allow my other XBMC profiles to continue to be prompted to select the Netflix user.

Maybe this is already possible by hand editing some config file...?
Hi Guys,
Sorry I haven't been on here for a bit, had a busy holiday season and then lost a drive in my server.

But in more relevant news I finally got my updates tested enough to push to the repo, so it should be offering 1.3.9 now!

Major changes:
Feature to use canned chrome-user-dir with control plugin preinstalled. This should make control of chrome much easier, particularly new users.
Fix full-screen issue with chrome on linux - on some installations it takes up full screen but only uses a smaller window within, it doesn't maximise the underlying surface.
Fixes for bring-to-front on linux and mac.
It also brings in fixes for kids-genre from DigTheDoug

Hopefully these changes should ease pain of setup and provide a more reliable experience.

(2014-12-31, 00:21)kamegami Wrote: I have a fix for an old issue with NetfliXBMC and Chrome Launcher. When you launch Chrome or the NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe fails to close, XBMC would fail to launch due to xbmc.log being locked by a different process.

I posted about in the Chrome Launcher thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1875232

My solution was to tweak the Popen calls in Chrome Launcher and NetfliXBMC so that it creates a new process instead of a subprocess, thus not preventing XBMC from fully closing.

Code:
subprocess.Popen(fullUrl, shell=False, creationflags=0x00000008, close_fds = True)

I I have I found this issue in Gotham 13.2 on Windows 8. I wrote this fix before I upgraded to Kodi Helix a couple days ago. My current testing indicates Helix resolved this issue and will not lock up as before. I decided to post this info regardless as it may help others.

Thanks for this, it's a good thing to have and I've brought the change in.
I've battled with similar issues on windows in the past due to inherited file descriptors and similar.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2015-01-09, 20:02)horstepipe Wrote: hey
ist there no way to fix that utf issue to add series with mutations like "ä,ö,ü"?

Hey Corona, don't want to be annoying, but will this issue be fixed some day or is it not possible/has absolutely no priority for you?

regards
(2014-12-31, 17:25)hardtop Wrote: Hi all, and thanks for this great add-on !
I'm facing a somewhat different issue here when trying to search a show/movie.
The logs state:

ROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 991, in <module>
search(type)
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 622, in search
listSearchVideos("http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/search/instantsearch?esn=www&term="+search_string+"&locale="+language+"&country="+country+"&authURL="+auth+"&_retry=0&routing=redirect", type)
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 245, in listSearchVideos
listVideo(str(item["id"]), "", "", False, False, type)
File "C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 258, in listVideo
title = match[0].strip()
IndexError: list index out of range
16:06:10 T:7736 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=movie&url
16:06:10 T:7736 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=movie&url) failed

I'm running a Intel NUC (Celeron) with Windows 8.1 Pro x64.
Kodi (14.0) and Netflixbmc 1.3.4

Any ideas?

I've logged an issue for myself to look at this. I haven't really tried the search much so hopefully it's something repeatable and I'll be able to track it down.
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...c/issues/9

(2015-01-01, 07:10)DoggyBearBear Wrote: Is anyone else having problems watching normal tv shows? I get a script error when trying to watch anything in the tv shows section, every movie ive tried has worked without issueHuh

(2015-01-02, 23:26)jrseliga Wrote: I'm getting a "Script failed!" error message when attempting to browse a TV Show on version 1.3.8 from the repo.
TV Shows > All Shows > Choose any show

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=391715

Playback of movies, or any episode of a show that I already watched (TV Shows > Viewing Activity > Choose previously started episode) works fine.

(2015-01-03, 23:44)TheIrreverend Wrote: I am also getting the script failed message, but unlike the above poster I get the message ONLY when trying to go to the Viewing Activity sections under either TV Shows or Movies. Other playback works fine. On 1.3.8 and Netflix Canada.

(2015-01-04, 02:04)TheIrreverend Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 01:58)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 23:44)TheIrreverend Wrote: I am also getting the script failed message, but unlike the above poster I get the message ONLY when trying to go to the Viewing Activity sections under either TV Shows or Movies. Other playback works fine. On 1.3.8 and Netflix Canada.
Can you post just the script error not your entire log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=393577

I actually discovered that I was also getting an error when attempting to search, so I have included that as well. The first error was attempting to recover viewing activity, and the second was an attempt to search for the string "anchorman".

Hope that is helpful.

I can't see http://xbmclogs.com/, not sure if it's down or not, but basically if you're still having issues can you first try the reset cache options in settings, then post the error block from your logs here and/or lodged as an issue on the github tracker?
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...bmc/issues

(2015-01-12, 22:44)corona Wrote: Sorry I haven't been on here for a bit, had a busy holiday season and then lost a drive in my server.
Sorry to hear about the lost drive. Hope you had a good holiday. Thanks for all your continued work on this add-on.

(2015-01-12, 22:44)corona Wrote: But in more relevant news I finally got my updates tested enough to push to the repo, so it should be offering 1.3.9 now!
Mmmm..I had this working on Gotham (XBMC 13.2) under Windows 7 x64 running 1.3.8 accessing Netflix Canada, but since the update to 1.3.9, I've been getting "script" errors. There was no option to roll back to the previous version. I tried fiddling with a couple things including completely reinstalling NetfliXBMC, but am still getting the error.

To be clear, then, I'm able to open up the NetfliXBMC add-on and I can even browse lists, and movies and seasons of tv shows, but the script error comes when I try to play something. I can also edit the add-on settings fine without creating a script error.

I'm trying to read the log file to see what is going on, but am not very familiar with XBMC or Add-ons, or Chrome Launcher, or anything else yet. I seem to be having a zip file problem? Or an invoking File from Netflix problem. I was thinking of manually reverting to 1.3.8 to see if that fixes the problem, and I will try that later tonight.

Here is a snippet of one sample log with debug enabled:
Code:
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500)
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall]
10:17:24 T:2212   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','12','?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500')
10:17:24 T:2212   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=21) plugin...
10:17:24 T:2988  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:17:24 T:2988    INFO: initializing python engine.
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): start processing
10:17:24 T:2988  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.pyamf\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.t0mm0.common\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.httplib2\lib;C:\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.grab.fanart\default.py;C:\XBMC\addons\xbmc.debug\;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.oauth2\lib;C:\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\XBMC\python27.zip;C:\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\XBMC;C:\XBMC\system\python;C:\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): entering source directory C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
10:17:24 T:2988   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
                                            Error Contents: Truncated central directory
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1089, in <module>
                                                playVideoMain(url)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 638, in playVideoMain
                                                launchChrome(url)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 657, in launchChrome
                                                z = zipfile.ZipFile(zf)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 766, in __init__
                                                self._RealGetContents()
                                              File "C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 832, in _RealGetContents
                                                raise BadZipfile("Truncated central directory")
                                            BadZipfile: Truncated central directory
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
10:17:24 T:2988    INFO: Python script stopped
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2988 terminating
10:17:24 T:2212   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
10:17:24 T:704   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500
10:17:24 T:704   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500) failed
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall)
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/]
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: Loading items: 14, directory: plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall sort method: 0, ascending: false

Any suggestions?
Hi thanks for this great plugin. Three issues. In both 13.2 and 14.0.

1. Need language option in settings...otherwise not working when using an unblock proxy. I need to change from en-CA to en-US, which I have had to manually do in settings file of the user addon folder.

2. Since 1.3.9 cannot use chrome. IE Works. Error log below. Clean install, and clearing settings does not help.

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
Error Contents: Truncated central directory
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1089, in <module>
playVideoMain(url)

File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 638, in playVideoMain
launchChrome(url)
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 657, in launchChrome
z = zipfile.ZipFile(zf)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 766, in __init__
self._RealGetContents()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 832, in _RealGetContents
raise BadZipfile("Truncated central directory")
BadZipfile: Truncated central directory
18:20:46 T:1160 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70286775
18:20:46 T:1160 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70286775) failed

3. I realize this is not simply a plugin issue but I think my unblock proxy disables sslv3 use, since the poodle vuln. Session management seems not to support tls as an option. I have tried using the web browsers to access over https and it works fine. Chrome and IE both support tls.

In addition, I have tried another unblock proxy that i used a week trial account and it works without issue in your plugin - i suspect down to the fact they still support sslv3.

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1127, in <module>
index()
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 166, in index
if login():
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 731, in login
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 109, in load
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 469, in get
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 457, in request
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 595, in send
history = [resp for resp in gen] if allow_redirects else []
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 189, in resolve_redirects
allow_redirects=False,
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 569, in send
File "C:\Users\sta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 420, in send
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
18:11:36 T:1160 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
18:11:36 T:1160 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
(2015-01-04, 13:59)terpstra Wrote: Thanks for keeping this addon up to date!

It works for me on debian/jessie with kodi 14.0.
I am using kodi without a desktop environment, just openbox; my .xinitrc:
/usr/bin/openbox &
AE_SINK=ALSA exec /usr/bin/xbmc

I initially had problems with no sound, but that turned out to be because chrome needs pulseaudio and kodi had exclusive and persistent access to the underlying alsa device. I set kodi to not keep the device open and then netflixbmc had sound. Of course, then pulseaudio was started by netflix and kodi started using pulseaudio instead of alsa, breaking passthrough to my 7.1 receiver. The "AE_SINK=ALSA" got that fixed too!

My only complaint is that I get only stereo (sometimes mixed as dolby prologic). I have set up a 7.1 HDMI pulseaudio profile and confirmed that it works. I can point pavucontrol at the pulse server started via chrome, using "PULSE_SERVER=/tmp/pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n/native pavucontrol". This shows that "Chromium" only has Front Left/Right channels. If I run "speaker-test -c 8" at the same as netflix is playing, it correctly outputs sound out each speaker in turn, while netflixbmc sound continues to play. I also see all 8 output channels in pavucontrol. Thus, I conclude that netflix/chrome is the problem.

Has anyone figured out how to coax netflix into outputting 5.1 or 7.1 audio? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if I do not press buttons on my remote control for 10 minutes or so, netflixbmc breaks. I assume this is because the screen saver kicks in. After pressing a button when the screen turns off, kodi reappears, but chrome continues running in the background. I hear audio, but the video is hidden and can not be stopped. Presumably the screen saver needs to be disabled by the netflixbmc plugin?

Unfortunately there's no real way for us to effect the audio, it just comes down to netflix's own chrome support. It seems to be a common complaint, just google 'chrome netflix surround sound'

The screensaver issue you're having, do you mean your linux desktop screensaver? I've got mine completely disabled for this reason, I've never had it work reliably across multiple playback systems. Again, if chrome/netflix video playback doesn't disable screensaver there's not a lot that can be done other than replace the screensaver (I've got a custom python screensaver-like system running for myself to auto-power-off TV)

(2015-01-08, 19:59)Sei4eto Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 18:55)RiverBend Wrote: After launching the "Who Watching" pops up but it's blank. I can close that and view recently watched (for first profile not mine) but all other cat are blank.

Riverbend

Same for me

Could you both ensure that "Single-User account (faster)" is disabled in settings and turn on the Debug setting?
Then when you go to the profile select screen, if it's still blank, quickly grab the last bit of the kodi.log file, there should be some url's there that might help.

(2015-01-09, 15:49)Mikael Faux Wrote: Ive tried and tried, is there anyone who made it work on kodi on a aftv ?

Sorry, what is aftv? amazon box?
As mentioned in first post, there is absolutely no way to make this run on anything that can't play netflix in a normal chrome browser.

(2015-01-09, 20:02)horstepipe Wrote: hey

I'm sure it can be done, sorry it's clearly been missed in the last utf fixes. Could you please post a fresh xbmc.log error for it and preferably add an issue for it on the tracker: https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...bmc/issues

(2015-01-08, 23:58)JasonPell Wrote: I am thinking of having a local list of tv shows and movies for profiles with kids. At the moment this is missing from netflix and my 4yo can't use Netflix on his laptop as a result.

I don't have any experience with this, although I'm guessing it should be handled in a normal add-to-library way. Once a show is added to library it can be white-listed for a kodi-profile?
I haven't tried add to libary, but it's supposed to mostly work (other than the aforementioned utf8 issues)

Quote:Add to library function:
You can add movies and tvshows (full shows & single seasons) to your library via context menu.
Add this source to your library: "Home folder"->userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.netflixbmc->library->Movies/TV

(2015-01-10, 07:47)SamCutty Wrote: Hey having real issues getting this running on Kodi.
Get the below error on start up every time.

17:36:07 T:22288 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:36:08 T:22288 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/us//Login
17:36:09 T:22288 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1087, in <module>
index()
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 162, in index
if login():
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 695, in login
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 105, in load
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 469, in get
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 457, in request
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 569, in send
File "C:\Users\Sam Cutfield\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 420, in send
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
17:36:09 T:18788 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/

Thanks in advance.

Are you using a geoblock work-around? If so which one?
Something is clearly breaking the ssl connection somehow.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217