[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-02-04, 08:56)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 07:26)Soli Wrote: Just installed kodi on linux mint 17.1 on a hp chromebox. had to install intel graphics installer to make vaapi work, and also had to find a fix for the rgb full "bug". Anyways, it is exactly the same problem here. Havent anyone else got a problem with chrome not using the whole screen i.e the little black bar on the bottom? It's surely a problem with chrome launcher. (Using the version in coronas repo)

It's probably related to issues I've attempted to fix that displayed in a similar fashion for me, but with large black bars down right side and bottom.

The problem as I see it is chrome kiosk/fullscreen doesn't actually resize the underlying render surface properly on linux.

If you start chrome with --maximise and not --kiosk it fills the screen.
If you start without maximise it opens at an arbitrary but consistent size (saved in user profile preferences).
if you start in --kiosk it has the same size surface as a non-maximised start, reading the size from preferences. --maximise doesn't do anything.

I've already added code that tries to calculate appropriate maximise size variables and inject them into the preferences file, which works well for me. Unfortunately the size variables aren't just a nice neat correlation to the resolution, you have to leave some arbitrary space for where menu bar would be (even though kiosk doesn't have a menu). perhaps this space is wrong for your screen's resolution.

A better way to do it would be (on first run) to automatically start chrome in non-kiosk mode, use some tool like xdotool to maximise the window (at which point chrome should save the new size variables to prefs), close chrome, then start in kiosk. simply starting chrome non-kiosk with --maximise displays the right size, but doesn't write prefs. you have to resize while chrome's running.

If you just want to fix your instance;
* turn on debug setting in chrome launcher and start netflix.
* look in debug log, it should print out the command line used to launch chrome.
* manually run the same command line in a terminal without the --kiosk argument
* while chrome is running shrink the window smaller, then press the maximise window button (presuming your window manager has one).
* close chrome.

This should save working size vars to the chrome prefs in the netflixbmc chrome user-dir
Thanks for the thorough answer. Since the bug persists across both xbmcbuntu and a seperately installed Linux mint, and with hardware that are 7-8 years apart, it could be something to do with my screen. It is an European Pioneer KRP-500A running at 1080p (defaults to 50hz because it's an european model, but I use 60hz in the Kodi GUI, not that it should matter) I'll have a go debugging and might chime in if successful.

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by Soli - 2015-02-04, 18:42
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217