• 48(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
i assume the xbox controller is not supposed to work once chrome is loaded? (windows 7 with kodi)
Okay, I am confused. I thought the Linux version of NetfliXBMC does not require 'Chrome Launcher'. For the file notes of netflix.lirc it says, "added linux support including lirc and remove need for chrome launcher".

I swear under a previous version of NetfliXBMC there was a option to use 'Chrome Launcher'. Now I see "Use Chrome Control". I may be seeing things and remember wrongly, but I swear it was there.

Either way, I can't get the remote to work at all in Chrome, as the remote's focus is still on KODI, not the Chrome window. But, is this something that should be posted in the 'Chrome Launcher' thread, or this thread as NetfliXBMC handles irxevent?
That commit added an built-in script that was called instead of chrome launcher. A later commit then changed that to be optional.
(2015-05-14, 04:50)Soli Wrote: Chrome is limited to 720p. And a lot of material that is 1080p on ie11 only display as 480p on chrome, for som unknown (by me) reason. To get the "full monty" you actually need to run windows 8.1/ie11/kodi/netflixbmc. Actually I just set up a fanless win 8.1 machine, and copied my kodi folder from kodibuntu and with a few small changes, everything works as well as Kodibuntu, with the added benefit of 1080p.

I have a Windows 7 machine, but I was planning to get the free Windows 10 upgrade. So I can't just switch to IE as my browser of choice? Does the version of Kodi/XBMC make a difference as well. I'm still on Gotham, but it would probably be a good time to upgrade anyway.

Also, another question, some of the TV Shows I have in my Queue are Nature shows and they were scraped to be completely inaccurate (A BBC special on Bears was scraped as Care Bears). I went into my options and opted to NOT use TVDB for scraping, but is there a way I can refresh my list to fix the wrong posters/fanart)
Didnt quite understand what you mean by windows media center in this context. To be clear, only ie11 on win 8/8.1 supports 1080p. IE11 on windows 7 is limited to 720p and you need to use silverlight.

I have to revise my earlier statement about 1080p vs 720p: The difference you are seeing between Chrome and IE might instead be the difference between 480p and 720p. As I wrote earlier, in Chrome, a lot of material show up in 480p where you otherwise would have expected at least 720p. I suspect IE11 with silverlight isn't affected by this "bug" and will look better than Chrome a lot of times.
Pushed version 1.3.21
See git hub for details on changes, but mostly translation updates from various contributers, volume key updates for forwarded remotes and fixes to some progress bars and length indicators.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
I'm running XBMC 13.2 on my Win7 machine and every time I try to install this addon it either does nothing or it sits at 0% for a few minutes and then does nothing. Is this not compatible with this old of an XBMC version?
(2015-05-14, 18:23)Choppasmith Wrote: Also, another question, some of the TV Shows I have in my Queue are Nature shows and they were scraped to be completely inaccurate (A BBC special on Bears was scraped as Care Bears). I went into my options and opted to NOT use TVDB for scraping, but is there a way I can refresh my list to fix the wrong posters/fanart)

To remove TMDB covers, turn off "get covers & fanart from TMDB" in NetfliXBMC settings and on the advanced tab select "delete cache".
This will remove all the hi res TMDB covers and will display the Netflix low res covers.

It's a tradeoff. You can have the accurate low res netflix covers or the sometimes inaccurate hi res TMDB covers. Why is TMDB results inaccurate? Good question.

Reasons include:
Netflix lists the wrong release year for the movie. (Happens more often than you would expect)
Netflix changed the title of the movie, adding extra text like "directors cut"
TMDB doesn't find an exact match and tries to return the closest match. (mostly this works, but sometimes you get Care Bears)

The only complete solution if you want accurate hi res covers is if you find a wrong or missing cover from TMDB, login to TMDB and add, change it there. That way everyone will benefit.

Hmmm, maybe I can add an "update cover" to the context menu that will allow single covers to be updated after TMDB had been corrected.
(2015-05-15, 02:04)phaeren86 Wrote: I'm running XBMC 13.2 on my Win7 machine and every time I try to install this addon it either does nothing or it sits at 0% for a few minutes and then does nothing. Is this not compatible with this old of an XBMC version?

Are you using the ALELEC repo?
(2015-05-15, 02:57)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 02:04)phaeren86 Wrote: I'm running XBMC 13.2 on my Win7 machine and every time I try to install this addon it either does nothing or it sits at 0% for a few minutes and then does nothing. Is this not compatible with this old of an XBMC version?

Are you using the ALELEC repo?

I tried that one and couldn't get it to install. I used the .zip from the github link and that did install and I can get into if I comment out the two lines previously mentioned in this thread. However, it still gives a script error anytime I try to do anything. It will play videos but I cannot open the content utility to change keyboard/remote commands.

So, as of now, I can open and play things from netflix, but to close netflix i have to send and AltF4 with my remote which then leaves me with a minimized xbmc and nothing I can do to bring it back up with my remote...
(2015-05-15, 03:47)phaeren86 Wrote: I tried that one and couldn't get it to install. I used the .zip from the github link and that did install and I can get into if I comment out the two lines previously mentioned in this thread. However, it still gives a script error anytime I try to do anything. It will play videos but I cannot open the content utility to change keyboard/remote commands.

So, as of now, I can open and play things from netflix, but to close netflix i have to send and AltF4 with my remote which then leaves me with a minimized xbmc and nothing I can do to bring it back up with my remote...

You don't need to comment out the lines, that was an old temporary fix. In netflixbmc settings just turn off "use advanced ssl" under the advanced tab.

What script error is it giving when you try to do anything? Can you give me details from the log?

Since you weren't able to install normally you may not have Chrome Launcher installed correctly. Check if chrome launcher is working correctly, or better yet find out why netflixbmc is not installing.

If you use full screen window for Kodi it won't minimize so you can avoid the minimize problem. I't maybe related to xbmc 13.2
Doesn't work on latest revision, the error says "chrome not found" when I use the one in your signature for your personal repo, got it last night.

I was able to navigate through the titles, just not play, as when trying to play I got the above error, no amount of tweaking seemed to help, chrome works fine though when I run it.

Running: OSMC, kodi 14.2
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2
i assume the xbox controller is not supposed to work once chrome is loaded? (windows 7 with kodi)
There is no chrome on raspberry, so it ain't gonna work for you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-15, 06:18)nickr Wrote: There is no chrome on raspberry, so it ain't gonna work for you.

I had it installed and working... so not sure what you mean?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217