[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-05-28, 19:35)garydebergerac Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 14:18)corona Wrote: The control system in kodi is based on actions (play, pause,back etc). The keyboard input layer translates keys into actions (based on xml keymap files), or you can use input system's like yatse to send actions directly, which is fine.
The plugin has a neat system (which was built by the original creater AddonScripterDe, I don't take credit for it) where it opens an invisible window while a video is playing in chrome such the invisible window can receive the kodi actions and forward them to chrome. With this system, inputs like web remote or yatse all should work perfectly. I'm not using it (I've got a super cheap remote that's perfect and acts like a normal keyboard) but others use it no worries.

Yeah, the only ones working here are the arrows and enter button. For sure, the Yatse play, stop, ff, rewind, etc, buttons do *not* pop up as usually happens when playing a video. As well, Info, back, and properties buttons do nothing, so I can't exit Chrome. Any idea where I should start to find this functionality that others are enjoying?

The invisible window code is implemented in default.py, near the bottom. "class window(xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog):". The function "def onAction(self, action):" in particular catches all action commands that come through kodi, you could add some more print lines to that, perhaps a "print str(action)" at the top to start with, and see if there are more actions coming to the plugin that aren't being sent to chrome properly.

Oh, from what you're saying I guess yatse has context sensitive button layouts, because kodi doesn't know a video is playing yatse isn't even giving you the playback controls.
Not sure how to resolve that, I don't know if there's any way to inform kodi that a video is playing if you're not using it's internal engine. There's some code in here using fakeVid.mp4 to trick some of the kodi internals but that's not really extending to playback mode for the duration of netflix.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by corona - 2015-05-28, 23:16
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217