[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-06-07, 10:23)Soli Wrote: I'm wondering if devs could take a look at incorporating some of the functions in this chromium addon for OpenELEC:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7rwud8jv5xu85...ddons?dl=0

It includes funtions to disable the sound of Kodi, to start chromium with the same audio device taken from Kodi settings. That means you have GUI sounds enabled in Kodi, and that you also don't need to with asound.conf.

It also seems to autohide the mouse cursor without any external tools, but maybe that is because it's starting Chromiums Ash "desktop".

Since Netflixbmc has the option of using/not using Chrome launcher, I wonder if these functions would best be suited for a seperate service addon. If Netflixbmc launch the browser directly and/or is not using Linux, then Netflixbmc would call this library. If Netflix use Chrome Launcher, then let Chrome Launcher invoke the separate addon/library to disable the Kodi audio device and add a line argument to start Chrome/Chromium with the audio device that Kodi is configured to use. What do you think?

edit: yes it seems Chromiums ash does autohide the cursor when the video starts, but it reappears when a new episode autostarts and doesn't autohide after that. Which is also the problem with xdotoolSmile

I've had a quick look at this. There's a couple of useful tricks we can learn from (with the nav sounds etc) however bundling our own copy of chromium is not a good option for a couple of reasons:

* kodi seems to have trouble with downloading large binaries in an addon - there's been a lot of people for whom the 6MB canned user data fails, and there's no detection or retry of this. Perhaps if I built a separate downloader into the addon? a bit of a pain really.

* chromium does not play netflix without the widevine drm decoders. It is not legal for me to distribute these, and could get into a whole lot of hassle if I do and get caught. Even if I did, then have to keep trying to stay up to date as netflix switches to new versions etc. And then there's trying to keep up with it for all supported platforms, I'm not sure if even works at all on windows? Otherwise I have to ask users to copy widevine from an exisitng install of chrome which is also pretty painful.

Lastly, I think I can get all the benefits that have been built into that guy's modified chromium with what I'm trying to do in my new remote-control of chrome, although that's not going very smoothly I still think I'll keep pursuing it.

Thanks for the suggestion though, there's definitely some useful ideas there.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by corona - 2015-06-08, 01:26
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217