[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-08-26, 19:05)msmith8228 Wrote: I suspect that requesting an official KODI - Netflix plugin or the exact details about the closed Netflix API will get us a zero response.

With the withdrawal of the public API, closing down the WMC Netflix interface on Sept 15th and all of the constant changes to the web interface HTML code we seem to be stepping backwards further and further each day from any kind of working long term KODI interface to Netflix. Add to that the apparent ongoing fear Netflix seems to have of adding any keyboard arrow navigation keys to the current web interface makes this whole thing very painful. I am not sure what their problem is with keyboard commands -- possibly some sort of security fear for content owners ??. Clearly they seem to have no concept of the need for any type of a HTPC interface -- most likely due to the fact that HTPC users are a small percentage of their overall user base (and decreasing each month compared to all the other NetFlix devices out there).

If I understand it correctly there is a similar mess in trying to integrate HULU or Amazon instant video into KODI with the constant almost daily break down and resulting security changes to the Adobe Flash plugin.

All in all a very frustrating experience. KODI is a perfect as a media center -- except for all these web streaming integration issues -- and in the end none of these problems are really KODI's fault in any way. Having a fully integrated KODI - Netflix experience (or a least a somewhat seamless KODI - Chrome - Netflix experience) is something that is not going to happen in the near future.

I hope I am wrong about this but without the details as to the closed API this whole thing will remain a mess.

Ask them to add keyboard controls to the Windows App. I'd think that's the absolute easiest to do. At least this is what I've been asking for whenever I talk to support.

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by kmarq - 2015-08-26, 21:04
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217