[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-09-07, 05:07)durv Wrote: Any chance of re-implementing this add-on as a web browser option for those of us on Windows?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=162544

It was written as the original browser for NetfliXBMC...sure would be nice to stay within XBMC instead of going out to a new browser, which can make a mess of things...

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

By the look of it, that plugin isn't much different to the one used by this plugin, it's still a separate app that gets launched when you go to the relevant menu item, then you come back to kodi once you exit it. So you are still going out to a new browser with that plugin.

The chromelauncher plugin used currently works with both IE and chrome, so I certainly don't see that there's any benfit to switching as that one's windows only (boo!)
Sure it's got some hardcoded keyboard mappings, but so does the current setup when it's configured right.

Also, we generally rely on the using a real browser rather than a cut down/embedded one as the DRM for netflix is pretty picky. I've tried dealing with a custom built browser frame using CEF (chromium) but then you run into DRM/Widevine issues that are a pain for end users to have to deal with, so it's not worth the hassle.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by corona - 2015-09-07, 08:02
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217