• 80(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Login troubles are fixed with a newer version of libcurl.dll. My list issues are fixed by removing a comment from the default.py. Both of those allow me to watch anything on my list without any troubles. Unfortunately search,generes, etc dont seem work anymore. I have more than enough devices laying around to add things to my list, so its not really a big deal. As long as i can view content through the addon, im happy Smile
(2015-09-14, 20:18)jfullernz Wrote: Hi Guys... I know this forum page has had a lot of activity recently due to people having errors..
Unfortunately I'm about to add to the list of issues Sad
I have installed the latest netflixbmc 1.3.4 on Kodi Isengard, have configured to get the login working correctly as it finds my profiles etc.
My problem is in the results list, and having read through the last 5 pages of this forum I haven't found one similar to my issue.

It doesn't matter what I select, every list is empty, only giving the back option. I have checked the log on debug, and even with a search that does return a result (NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com JSON/BOB?movieid=70171942) the following lines are DEBUG: Saving fileitems [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=tv&url]
06:05:13 T:8100 DEBUG: -- items: 1, sort method: 0, ascending: false
So somewhere between finding the result which does exist, and saving it, the result is being lost or misread.

Does anyone know what could be done to correct this? possibly a simple change in the default.py? unfortunately I'm a C# coder and no nothing of python, so hopefully someone here has some ideas.

Same here, app is logging in and I can use the search function and see content but every other selection returns an empty screen but I'm running the latest 1.3.22 as per the different repo on the first post
(2015-09-14, 21:10)esoteradactyl Wrote: Login troubles are fixed with a newer version of libcurl.dll. My list issues are fixed by removing a comment from the default.py. Both of those allow me to watch anything on my list without any troubles. Unfortunately search,generes, etc dont seem work anymore. I have more than enough devices laying around to add things to my list, so its not really a big deal. As long as i can view content through the addon, im happy Smile

Can you provide some info on the changes as per other posts I have empty lists and even getting My Lists would be a big improvement.... though search works as I mentioned in another reply.
Check post #1075
thank you. Post 1075 has fixed the issue of blank lists.
Only issue left is on the returned results the first page is just showing back and next, seems to skip everything on the first page. but better than it was, as we have everything working from the looks of it now other than that.
(2015-09-15, 00:03)esoteradactyl Wrote: Check post #1075

Fixed my 'My List' issue

Still have the other lists returned empty
(2015-08-16, 10:16)JxPx Wrote: My apologies if this was already asked... I have the app running fine on the latest build of Kodi, windows 8.1, when I select a file to play, chrome will start to play the file, then Kodi reappears in the netflix app, no more video, however if I exit Kodi, that same video is running in chrome. So it's like the app brings up chrome then sends it to the background.

Now I have things mostly working this is the same behaviour I'm seeing too...

Any responses on how to keep the Chrome in foreground and not bring Kodi up until the window is exited?
Use the kodi launcher app and add your browser to the focus tab. Problem solved.

I'm surprised by how many people use chrome with this add-on. Using IE gives you 1080p over Chrome's 720p.
(2015-09-15, 06:00)esoteradactyl Wrote: Use the kodi launcher app and add your browser to the focus tab. Problem solved.

I'm surprised by how many people use chrome with this add-on. Using IE gives you 1080p over Chrome's 720p.

As I use the Kodi launcher just to launch Kodi (surprise) could you please explain a bit more in detail how you deal with Netflix?

Thanks

Mat
(2015-09-15, 15:24)Matze001 Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 06:00)esoteradactyl Wrote: Use the kodi launcher app and add your browser to the focus tab. Problem solved.

As I use the Kodi launcher just to launch Kodi (surprise) could you please explain a bit more in detail how you deal with Netflix?

Thanks

Mat

Open the launcher gui, choose the external player tab and add the path to your browser of choice. Make sure "focus external player" is checked and you should be good to go.
(2015-09-15, 23:19)esoteradactyl Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 15:24)Matze001 Wrote:

Thanks

Mat

Open the launcher gui, choose the external player tab and add the path to your browser of choice. Make sure "focus external player" is checked and you should be good to go.

Thanks for this little tip, I added it to the first post for those using windows (I'm a linux media center guy myself).
I presume you mean this when you refer to "Kodi launcher"? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2015-08-21, 18:54)TooManyAntennas Wrote: Well, as much as I LOVE this add-on and really think the work is great, I'm afraid Netflix (or Google) will break it while I'm working in the field and Wife is not going to be happy. Official API would be REALLY nice.

So the squeaky wheel get the grease. We ALL need to open an request for official API or official support with Netflix. I just did and if enough of us WMC refugees, along with regular users of Kodi, suggest Kodi support, Maybe it will happen. Remember, we are not pirating anything and with tuner support, Kodi is a very valid way to watch OTA and Netflix from one common 10 foot, remote friendly interface. A valid WMC replacer.... Guy I chatted with said he would pass on to correct department. Here is how I did the chat with Netflix:

From eHow: "To reach the Help Center, first log on to Netflix and then mouse over your account name in the upper right-hand corner. A menu appears. Click "Help Center". The Help Center provides links with answers to common questions. You will see categories like "Learn About Netflix", "Manage My Account," "Watching Netflix," and more, but none of the selections will let you make a direct request for a new title. To request a new title you will need to communicate directly with a Netflix representative using a chat session or by calling the customer service number.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_8194260_request-...tflix.html"

Tell them you really would like offical support for Kodi. Even an offical API to program against would be better than nothing, then Netflix wouldn't even have to write it, would they?

Let the complaining to Netflix begin...

Yep, let's make ourselves heard. Transcript of my conversation with Netflix below.

Looks like we may already have made some inroads. Come on people, make some noise damnit!!!!

Netflix Brenda:
Hey, thanks for reaching Netflix. Brenda here, how can I help?
You:
Hi Brenda. I'd like to request that Netflix adds support for Kodi Media Centre. It's the primary Windows Home Theater PC (HTPC) application. I use Kodi on several PCs, and although there are a number of 'unofficial' addons that allow netflix to be used to some extent, none of these are ideal and regularly break whenever netflix changes its website. I'm forced to use 'playon' as a transcoder,which means I can't get proper HD and so I'll be downgrading my netflix subscription to SD soon. Please please please add support for Kodi, or at least an API that developers can use to implement it.
Netflix Brenda:
Thanks for the info! I'll be glad to assist you with this.
Netflix Brenda:
To be honest with you I'm not very familiar with the Kodi but looks like it'll be very convenient for some users if we support it.
You:
Thanks Brenda. Quite a lot of us wanting this. If you could pass it on to wherever matters, I'd really appreciate it
Netflix Brenda:
So I'll definitely take your feedback! As you may know we have hundreds of supported devices so you can be super sure that it'll be highly consider.
You:
Thanks Brenda.
Netflix Brenda:
Yeah I'll copy paste what you just told me because I can't say it better. Lol.
Netflix Brenda:
No need to thank me, it was a pleasure. hope you have a wonderful rest of the day, oh! And one more thing, if you wouldn't mind, please stay online for a one question survey.
I just chatted with Netflix and said essentially the same thing as beastment. The entire conversation took maybe two minutes, which was a nice surprise. I was expecting to wait 5 minutes between responses... Here's my transcript:

Quote:Netflix Cess
Greetings and salutations! My name is Cess. How can I help you today?

You
Hi. I have a request. I use a home theater PC software called Kodi (used to be called XBMC) that I use for watching Netflix, among other things. I was hoping Netflix could add "official" support for this platform, or at least develop an API that other developers could use to interface with your service. Could you please pass this request on to the developers, and whatever other department as would be necessary?

Netflix Cess
Hey, sure thing! Thanks for chatting in today! It's a good thing that you contact us about this Smile we're always looking to be available in as many devices as we can, so you can be sure that I will pass this on as feedback to my team for you.

You
That's great, thanks! There's a bunch of people who would like to see this happen, there's a pretty large user base. There are "unofficial" plugins that interface with the website in one way or another, and when there are code changes at Netflix, it usually takes a few days for the plugin developers to update their code to make Netflix usable again.

Netflix Cess
Yeah, don't mention it! I just passed this on for you Smile thanks for taking the time to let us know about this! We're a feedback driven company, so you can be sure that your voice will be heard.

You
I'm glad to hear. I've been a subscriber for several years and have never been disappointed with the service I've received. Thank you very much Cess! Have a great day.

Netflix Cess
It's been my pleasure! Thanks to you so much for chatting in today, Smile! Have an excellent rest of the day. Oh! And one more thing, if you wouldn't mind, please stay online for a one question survey.
I don't want to sound pessimistic but they sound like canned responses, I do hope they do get heard!

If anyone wants to drop some figures, I just parsed my nginx log files for the last 7 days and come up with over 100000 *unique* visitors on the repo.

Considering this is really the only active plugin in my repo currently, it's safe to say there's at least that many active installations of kodi running this plugin (or at least trying to).
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Netflix used to have an API but they got rid of it. It's just one more thing they have to support and they wanted control over how Netflix was presented to users. No matter what you ask for they're going to tell you it's a great idea and that they'll definitely consider it.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217