[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-09-28, 13:37)marv_el Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 13:26)corona Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 10:17)marv_el Wrote: first of all, i appreciate your efforts for having a perfect netflix experience.
i am using openelec with chromium and i am not sure if the new webdriver solution will work on openelec.
corona, will you update netflixbmc with the webdriver or make a fork so the addon will not break on openelec?
btw. is it possible to add an option to disable remote control? i am using my own solution and the dummy window interferes with it.
I presume you mean on a raspberry pi or similar arm board? At this stage no, webdriver wont run on arm. I think it'll be possible to get it going, anywhere chromium can be compiled, so can chromedriver.
I was planning on upgrading the current plugin to have webdriver as the default on platforms where it's supported, and fall back to chromelauncher/netflix app for other platforms.

I thought the control window could already be disabled. Just checked, turns out I was wrong. https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi.../issues/63

(2015-09-28, 10:17)marv_el Wrote: i tried yidio and it seems very uncomplete. i tried two netflix and one amazon shows (the returned - 2015, firefly and fear the walking dead) and they all had no links available...
Yeah ok, I'll wait and see if they get back to me on my query, but certainly wont start implementing against them unless it looks robust.

a fallback version is even better. chromium with widevine (drm) isn't available on arm platforms. i am having a x64 86 system. for some reason chrome is'nt avail. on openelec, that's the reason why someone compiled chromium and included widevine to be able to watch encrypted media.

Ah sure. webdriver should work fine then, x86/x64 linux is supported by chromedriver so I don't expect there to be any issues. If by any chance you're in Australia try out my sbs ondemand plugin to see if it works (it's using webdriver). There's a few glitches in it still but on a whole the remote handling and focus management should be much better.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by corona - 2015-09-28, 13:52
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217