• 94(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-12-18, 00:21)logi85 Wrote: @steads, Thank you for testing!

1) yes I know, it is really difficult to parse the right informations by netflix. I hope perhaps zero would have a look on it cause he knows his code much better.

2) Yes this is a good idea, I'll have a look on it. Currently every information will be loaded at entering a section.

3) I'll add an Info to the screen. You can simply press the back-button (In most cases backspace). I have only tested without keyboard (using cec-remote). I'll also try to monitor the process-termination of chrome. if it's possible, it would be possible automatically go back to the previous screen. I use the black screen to react on events (to make it possible using a remote to control netflix/chrome)

Update: please check the newest commit. should now work for you.
Also, I added basic windows-support. (at least with chrome). but feel free to modify resources/launchBrowser.cmd to launch another browser.

4) I think this would be a nice feature, but first the plugin has to come stable. I started coding on it cause I'm waiting for a long time for a stable addon (I think like most of us).

Thx!

p.s.: feel free to add issues to zeros or my github account. this would help.

pps: my changes are not integrated yet by zero. If you want to try them, use https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix

I'll add an issue on github too, but I just tested from your repo, and all goes well until it spawns Chrome to play a stream (I get the 'opening stream' window, then chrome opens) and when Chrome opens, it tells me that I'm not logged into Netflix, so the plugin must not be passing the login token.
Forgive me for this stupid question, but how I can give logi's version a go? The add-on files need to be in a Kodi compatible format - I don't think creating a zip straight out of Github.com does the trick, right?

1) yes I know, it is really difficult to parse the right informations by netflix. I hope perhaps zero would have a look on it cause he knows his code much better.

2) Yes this is a good idea, I'll have a look on it. Currently every information will be loaded at entering a section.

3) I'll add an Info to the screen. You can simply press the back-button (In most cases backspace). I have only tested without keyboard (using cec-remote). I'll also try to monitor the process-termination of chrome. if it's possible, it would be possible automatically go back to the previous screen. I use the black screen to react on events (to make it possible using a remote to control netflix/chrome)

Also, I added basic windows-support. (at least with chrome). but feel free to modify resources/launchBrowser.cmd to launch another browser.

4) I think this would be a nice feature, but first the plugin has to come stable. I started coding on it cause I'm waiting for a long time for a stable addon (I think like most of us).

Thx!

pps: my changes are not integrated yet by zero. If you want to try them, use https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix

So far it works well for me. I will play with it a little bit more. Thank you.
Pillendreher: this is the right way. You can download the zip and "install from zip" in kodi.
Please try again. Should now work.

(2015-12-19, 13:12)magamo Wrote:

Thx!

I'll add an issue on github too, but I just tested from your repo, and all goes well until it spawns Chrome to play a stream (I get the 'opening stream' window, then chrome opens) and when Chrome opens, it tells me that I'm not logged into Netflix, so the plugin must not be passing the login token.
Update: My-List should now work and should now use the right profile.
Update: Added paging @genres (6 items, like netflix)
(2015-12-11, 17:19)logi85 Wrote: Hello, i added playback based on zeros fork. Added a pull request. Playback also supports control via kodi (pause/Play, skip forward+back, close). It only works on linux with chrome and xdotool installed. Also it needs a desktop environment. I don't want to create another fork, so I hope Zero integrates my fork.

Thanks for putting it together logi, playback works under windows as well. (don't know if you had feedback on that already)
Is there a reason you are not using the chrome launcher plugin as the original addon did (alelecs)? Shell script seems so cumbersome.

There is one issue: Playing Netflix videos added to the library does not work. I think you are missing a mode==play_video case in addition to the play_video_main.
I think play_video then also requires something to simulate a video playback (original addon had the fakeVid.mp4 for that), but it works even if you just make play_video the same as play_video_main, just Kodi complains that it fails to find something to playback, chrome will open though anyhow.
logi85 I've tried your fork but when I try and access movies or tv it attempts to load the videos but nothing is added to the window that opens. Heres the log http://pastebin.com/vVyjvDRM Thanks.
(2015-12-22, 08:14)macauleyr4 Wrote: logi85 I've tried your fork but when I try and access movies or tv it attempts to load the videos but nothing is added to the window that opens. Heres the log http://pastebin.com/vVyjvDRM Thanks.

Same problem here. It sends my login data etc then nothing :/
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2015-12-22, 08:36)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 08:14)macauleyr4 Wrote: logi85 I've tried your fork but when I try and access movies or tv it attempts to load the videos but nothing is added to the window that opens. Heres the log http://pastebin.com/vVyjvDRM Thanks.

Hello,
in your pastebin I see you use openelec. You need chrome (not chromium) installed. I'm not sure if this is possible. Also you need an desktop manager running (like lxdm). And on linux, don't forget xdotool.
Good luck!
(2015-12-21, 21:36)xanes Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 17:19)logi85 Wrote: Hello, i added playback based on zeros fork. Added a pull request. Playback also supports control via kodi (pause/Play, skip forward+back, close). It only works on linux with chrome and xdotool installed. Also it needs a desktop environment. I don't want to create another fork, so I hope Zero integrates my fork.

Thanks for putting it together logi, playback works under windows as well. (don't know if you had feedback on that already)
Is there a reason you are not using the chrome launcher plugin as the original addon did (alelecs)? Shell script seems so cumbersome.

There is one issue: Playing Netflix videos added to the library does not work. I think you are missing a mode==play_video case in addition to the play_video_main.
I think play_video then also requires something to simulate a video playback (original addon had the fakeVid.mp4 for that), but it works even if you just make play_video the same as play_video_main, just Kodi complains that it fails to find something to playback, chrome will open though anyhow.

Hi xanes, thank you for testing!
I don't use chromelauncher cause i don't think it's necessary - and I've never used it for now.
I added the fakeVid and hacked a little around, now library-playback should work.
Please give it a try.
(2015-12-20, 20:26)logi85 Wrote: Please try again. Should now work.

Playback under Kodibuntu 14.04.3 now works.
(2015-12-22, 20:30)logi85 Wrote: Hi xanes, thank you for testing!
I don't use chromelauncher cause i don't think it's necessary - and I've never used it for now.
I added the fakeVid and hacked a little around, now library-playback should work.
Please give it a try.

Working now, cheers.

(2015-12-22, 14:08)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 08:36)LupinSansei Wrote:

Hello,
in your pastebin I see you use openelec. You need chrome (not chromium) installed. I'm not sure if this is possible. Also you need an desktop manager running (like lxdm). And on linux, don't forget xdotool.
Good luck!

From what I understand of their issue, this fails to even list anything, before even attempting to playback, right? I believe the listing part does not depend on chrome, it just uses the requests library, but logi's fork attempts to set some chrome cookies after login that might throw it off.
Have you tried to get listing of shows to work with z-e-r-o's version? If that works, one might be able to tweak logi's fork to work for you, if that fails the same way, I think you are out of luck, for now.
My newest version should only log an error if setting the cookie fails. So it should work. But for playback chrome is needed.
Hello!! this working like a Charm!! Much faster than the other version...
One Suggestion:

When add one movie to library, it would be nice if the movie have his own folder, not the .strm file on the root of folder
Because this way, we cannot download the other arts to them, like discart, logo etc.

But, thanks for the great plugin!
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217