• 97(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Hi druu, the Script is already there. In resources folder called launchBrowser.sh . You can simply modify. But be sure that the script will not terminate before playback is finished ( not using & on chrome call). Please report your modification so I can add it to readme.
@logi85

strange issue on my side. i have 3 intel NUC's connected to separate TV's via HDMI all running windows 10 with kodi 15.2. for each of these, every time i try to launch a video from netflix, chrome never launches. i am able to go into the addon directory and run the launchBrowser.cmd file standalone and chrome launches. however, when trying to run it thru kodi on all 3 NUC machines, chrome never launches.

on the flip side, i have a 4th dedicated desktop PC with kodi 15.2 installed and windows 10 and have no issues launching chrome thru kodi to play netflix. any suggestions or help?

here is my kodi log from one of the NUC machines which fails to launch chrome: http://xbmclogs.com/psrhmt8w6

i'm also using the latest netflix plugin from your git
Thanks logi85. Works pretty well so far on win 10 64bits.
1. This DOS box before launching chrome is a bit annoying.
2. Seems that not everything in my list is shown. For series as well as for films.

Thanks so far
Win10 x64, Kodi Matrix 19.1 (nightly) 
somehow able to use Windows...
It would be nice if that DOS box was hidden... Every time I see it, I think is an error. RoflRofl
(2015-12-25, 14:37)logi85 Wrote: Hi, the path should be another path. You can try to double click the launch browser.cmd script.if your browser will not come up, the path would be wrong.
The cmd does launch chrome so not sure what else it could be. I'm running Javis beta 4. Could Javis be the problem?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Hey logi85 I have updated your launchBrowser.sh script for kodibuntu

As it runs no window manager I have to launch one to get full screen to work and then kill it again when we exit.

I also had to move the xdotool mouse move to between the blackbox launch and the chrome launch as you recommended to launch chrome without a & other wise it would not be executed until after chrome exits.

#!/bin/bash

# copy from https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...browser.sh

# Managed to resolve the issues with, but will leave this here anyway, as its a good fallback
CHROME_STARTED=`ps -ef | grep google-chrome | grep -v "grep" | wc -l`
if [ $CHROME_STARTED -gt 0 ]; then
exit 1;
fi

# lets find out if xdotool actually exist before we try to call them.
command -v xdotool >/dev/null 2>&1
XDOTOOL=$?

url=$1

/usr/bin/blackbox &
if [ $XDOTOOL -eq 0 ]; then
# no point sleeping if xdotool is not installed.
#sleep 5
xdotool mousemove 9999 9999 click 1
else
echo "xdotool is not installed, can't remove cursor"
fi
# notice the ampersand to send google chrome into back ground so that the script continues and we execute the xdotool below
/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url"
CHROME_PID=$!

# wait for google-chrome to be killed
#wait $CHROME_PID
killall blackbox >/dev/null 2>&1
exit

But I still get the playback relaunching after using the back button to exit back to kodi.

Any ideas?
I have now got something strange happening with my remote.

Stop now exits like back and the skip forward , skip back buttons work but I can no longer pause or with the pause key or the select key.

Did you make some changes to the remote control code?
Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to integrate Netflix in my Kodi setup for a while now. I deleted my OE installation (perfect, but not able to work with netflix), installed Windows and the rest and after reading the available options decided that Netflixbc was the way to go.. I accidentally installed the old version first, but after that did not work, I found the latest version from alecec and installed that one. I did read that there is an updated version from logi 85 now, but I don't think that should be needed for windows??
Anyway, after a few hours playing with settings and googling I just don't know how to solve it anymore, and I hope that anyone can help!

I enabled debug logging, restarted XBMC and went straight to open Netflixbmc so there should be as little clutter as possible.. Here is the link to my debug log: http://pastebin.com/ncX5fxAe

Any help would be much appreciated!!
I have managed to get Netflix running on the latest OE, see my post here:

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...=60#154308

(2015-12-27, 15:08)Cassiuss Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to integrate Netflix in my Kodi setup for a while now. I deleted my OE installation (perfect, but not able to work with netflix), installed Windows and the rest and after reading the available options decided that Netflixbc was the way to go.. I accidentally installed the old version first, but after that did not work, I found the latest version from alecec and installed that one. I did read that there is an updated version from logi 85 now, but I don't think that should be needed for windows??
Anyway, after a few hours playing with settings and googling I just don't know how to solve it anymore, and I hope that anyone can help!

I enabled debug logging, restarted XBMC and went straight to open Netflixbmc so there should be as little clutter as possible.. Here is the link to my debug log: http://pastebin.com/ncX5fxAe

Any help would be much appreciated!!
(2015-12-27, 17:33)druu Wrote: I have managed to get Netflix running on the latest OE, see my post here:

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...=60#154308

I wll def try that on my OE install that I still have downstairs!! Thanks! I will let you know if I have it up and running as well, but i'll come back to post my findings!

Meanwhile I would also like it to work in windows, because I might want to use my NUC for in house streaming with steam in the future..

I found out that chrome launcher also does not work, due to the focus being on kodi. So I added chrome to my player list in my launcher4kodi and now the chromelaunchers does work!
Netflix still the same though.. I get an error that I have to check my debug log, but for me that might as well be in Chinese.. Hope anyone can check my log in my earlier post..
Does anyone remember Boxee? I still have one of those and that little gem can play Netflix with its original official firmware, and it's XBMC based.
Couldn't there be anything we can learn from it in order to get Netflix running painlessly?
Most likely it uses the api which we don't have access to
(2015-12-26, 22:02)moronim Wrote: @logi85

strange issue on my side. i have 3 intel NUC's connected to separate TV's via HDMI all running windows 10 with kodi 15.2. for each of these, every time i try to launch a video from netflix, chrome never launches. i am able to go into the addon directory and run the launchBrowser.cmd file standalone and chrome launches. however, when trying to run it thru kodi on all 3 NUC machines, chrome never launches.

on the flip side, i have a 4th dedicated desktop PC with kodi 15.2 installed and windows 10 and have no issues launching chrome thru kodi to play netflix. any suggestions or help?

here is my kodi log from one of the NUC machines which fails to launch chrome: http://xbmclogs.com/psrhmt8w6

i'm also using the latest netflix plugin from your git

I figured out the issue...

In order to properly launch the launchBrowser.cmd file from play.py, you need to encapsulate the path in double quotes. Since my Windows path has a space in it, if the path isn't in double quotes the script will fail to launch chrome.

Line 155 of play.py should be changed from:
os.system(addon_path+'/resources/launchBrowser.cmd ' + url)

to:
os.system('"'+addon_path+'/resources/launchBrowser.cmd" ' + url)

I submitted an issue to your git with this.
Hi:
msmith8228
LupinSansei
Qudi
moronim

please try new version, should work now. Fixed some issues with keymappings and spaces in paths. Thx for the hint.

Dear ChromeLauncher-User (openelec?):
I added an option to settings "Use chrome launcher".
If enabled, the script "launchChromeLauncher"(.cmd/.sh) will be called instead.
I pasted the code from: https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix/issues/4
Please give it a try.

@druu:
would be great if you post the github-url instead of dropbox, cause in this way the user gets the newest version.

What about keys if chromelauncher is used? will this addon handle them itself?
Awesome work! working like a charm. got library and video & sound. Just how I remembered it. I just have to figure out how to change chrome kiosk to the proper viewing monitor out of the 2. I am confident that there are notes out on the www for this issue. I will take the spare time I have tonight to figure this personal issue out. Nice team work all. Now we just have to hope netflix isn't a hurry to change things on us again..
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217