Aeon Nox - Versions Guide
Greetings!

I thought it may be helpful to have a guide that shows and explains all the different versions of this great skin.

Aeon Nox 5

What Kodi Version:
Jarvis/Krypton

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
Aeon Nox 5 is a skin by BigNoid, it represents a departure from the normally heavy graphical path of previous versions. It is more of a minimalist version that is fast and highly optimized. It is also the official version of Aeon Nox and can be found in the XBMC.org repository.

Where is it:
Aeon Nox 5

Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO

What Kodi Version:
Jarvis/Krypton

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
From the author:
This is a modded version of Aeon Nox 5

Where is it:
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO

Madnox

What Kodi Version:
Jarvis/Krypton

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
From the author:
The idea behind this started out as me simply attempting to learn how to skin and apply my own mods to Shednox, but after a while the amount of mods I'd made meant it was proving difficult to maintain and also offer my mods to Shdenox as work had stopped on Shednox and it was not possible to consider having my mods pulled into Shednox.

So, due to this I made the stupid decision of creating my own mod of Nox, Shednox, whichever is the basis, and as such Madnox was born. Since then schimi2k and I have done extensive work both on the code and graphic sides in the hope of improving the mod.

Also, it was noticed that the latest incarnations of Nox, have been designed to be cleaner, less CPU intensive in their operation. Please note this is not wrong these skins are excellent in their own right and done by some seriously skilled skinners so there work / direction should not be questioned.

But, saying that I felt there was room for the other end of the spectrum i.e. a version of Nox (Shdenox) that offered all the eye candy i.e. posters, disc, logos, clear art etc. etc. but the downfall from this is that this mod will probably require hardware at the high end of the CPU spectrum. I don't know if it would work on devices like Pi's etc. at the lower end of the CPU spectrum.

Where is it:
Aeon Madnox

Aeon Nox Spin

What Kodi Version:
Krypton

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
From the author:
Hi everyone! Some months ago I started modding to my liking Aeon Nox 5 SiLVO and here is the result in case someone would like to use it. One of the main features is Videolyrics v2, improved and now with more effects

Where is it:
Aeon Nox Spin

Aeon Nox 5 Mod : Showcase and more

What Kodi Version:
Gotham-Jarvis

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
Per Author:
Aeon Nox 5 on my secondary HTPC (ION platform with Atom N330 + GeForce9300 with OpenELEC), I'm starting to mod it
See here for more details

Where is it:
Aeon Nox 5 Mod : Showcase and more

Phil65's development build

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Inactive

What is it:
Phil65 and BigNoid were the original co-authors of Aeon Nox, They are now developing separate builds of Aeon Nox. Phil65's current development build has no name. Phil65's new version is a complete re-code of Aeon Nox. It has many new incredible new/redesigned features. This version is for remote control users of Kodi.

Where is it:
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support

Aeon Warlion 4.1.9

What Kodi Version:
Gotham

Current Status:
Inactive

What is it:
warlion stepped in to update Aeon Nox for Gotham. He added many many cool additions, features and changes. It was very user request driven when it was being developed.

Where is it:
Aeon Warlion 4.1.9

Aeon ShedNox (Gotham)

What Kodi Version:
Gotham

Current Status:
Inactive

What is it:
After warlions departure from maintaining his version of Aeon Nox 4, shedrock took over his own personal development of it. He added changes and new additions. It is fully maintained and is the best option for users that liked Warlions version.

Where is it:
Aeon ShedNox (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based, Gotham only)

Aeon ShedNox (Helix)

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Inactive

What is it:
After warlions departure from maintaining his version of Aeon Nox 4, shedrock took over his own personal development of it. He added changes and new additions. It is fully maintained and is the best option for users that liked Warlions version. It is similar in appearance to his Gotham version.

Where is it:
Aeon ShedNox (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based, HELIX only)

Andy's Aeon Nox Mod (Helix)

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Inactive

What is it:
User _Andy_ updated warlions version of Nox to use Helix.

Where is it:
Note: _Andy_ did not make a separate thread for his version:
You can find info starting on this thread:
Link
You can download his version here:
Link

Aeon XBMCMania 4.2

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
Quote from the author tocinillo:
(2014-12-31, 17:07)tocinillo Wrote: Hi everyone!

Finally I launch this mod based on original 4.1.9.9 created by BigNoid and phil65 for Frodo and merged to Gotham by warlion. Is EXACTLY the same skin with some bug fixes and all the visual problems fixed. My goal is have the same Aeon Nox 4.1.9 in Helix, NO MODDED. Now is fullly working the maniac PVR mod (original PVR support writted by me for 3.0 and improved by phil for Nox 4

Where is it:
Aeon XBMCMania 4.2 (Aeon Nox-based, Helix only) - Full PVR Support

Nox 5 with Some Added Views (Helix)

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
mikesilvo164 version that adds many views to Aeon Nox 5 by Big Noid.

Where is it:
Nox 5 with Some Added Views (Helix)

Aeon Nox 5: Maniac (Helix)

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
I've decided to merge my livetv-mod for Aeon Nox 5 into a standalone skin (forked). I'll try to keep the skin up to date with BigNoid's updates as much as I can, while adding my improvments on the LiveTV section. The skin is AN 5.6.0 with the latest version of my mod (0.8). I have also included the White-theme that I created a while back. Big thanks to BigNoid for such an amazing skin.

Where is it:
Aeon Nox 5: Maniac (Helix)

Skin MOD - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector screens (Zoomed CIH)

What Kodi Version:
Helix

Current Status:
Active

What is it:
From the author:
Hi,
Ok not sure how much interest there is in something like this but as I have it mostly done I thought I'd stick it in here. First off, love BigNoids skin. I've been using it for a long time. But the issue I had made me start looking into modding it myself.

I have a CIH Projector setup on a 2.35 screen. BigNoid is working on 21:9 version of the skin which unfortunately doesn't work for some CIH users, like myself. Those who can get their system to output a custom resolution will likely be able to use BigNoids skin. But in my case that didn't work.

Who this is for :
Those of us who output 1920x1080 on our projectors and zoom the image to fill a 2.35/scope screen and cannot use custom resolutions. This will make the Aeon Nox fit the format of our scope screens and not need to zoom out and have side bars.

The skin has been modded so that all the gui is within the 800pixel image on a scope screen. I have widened some views and made some fonts smaller. The reason for making some of them smaller is that only people with projectors would be using this so it will be on a large screen.

As mentioned its mainly repositioning. I have also added in a scope mask. This can be used where movies (like Interstellar, Dark Knight etc) change aspect ratios throughout the movie. If you want to view the movie in 2.35 then you can toggle the 2.35 (21:9) mask on and off. This will cover the top and bottom with black bars meaning you will not notice the shift in aspect ratio and the image spilling out of the screen.

I am unable to test PVR fully at the minute but on looking at the code, PVR add ons would need to be individually done as they have their own layout xmls.

Where is it:
Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector screens

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has any suggestions for this thread let me know.

If any of the above authors want me to change the "What is it:" just PM me the change.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
This is very helpful! Thank you. I had no idea the Warlion build was inactive. I'll try Phil65's and Shedrocks' build.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Imo, 'Inactive' isn't a death sentence. I'm sure MANY are very confused about all the different versions of Aeon Nox and providing info about each in one thread is going to be helpful. I think folks should know that just because some of these versions of Aeon Nox were developed during specific versions of XBMC/Kodi, they are not limited to those versions. I use Aeon Warlion because it offers more options than any of the other versions. It's a very heavy skin but I don't need a lite skin. It was abandoned during Gotham. This doesn't mean it's incompatible with Helix as I've been using it since the 1st Helix nightly. It does mean if you have any questions or suggestions about an older skin, you may never receive an answer though.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2014-12-17, 18:16)brazen1 Wrote: Imo, 'Inactive' isn't a death sentence. I'm sure MANY are very confused about all the different versions of Aeon Nox and providing info about each in one thread is going to be helpful. I think folks should know that just because some of these versions of Aeon Nox were developed during specific versions of XBMC/Kodi, they are not limited to those versions. I use Aeon Warlion because it offers more options than any of the other versions. It's a very heavy skin but I don't need a lite skin. It was abandoned during Gotham. This doesn't mean it's incompatible with Helix as I've been using it since the 1st Helix nightly. It does mean if you have any questions or suggestions about an older skin, you may never receive an answer though.

Still a very bad idea to use those since they depend on old script versions which are not adjusted to new online APIs, dont do proper caching and lot more.
I can only repeat: Don´t use stuff unless there is a maintainer who knows what he is doing. IMO "inactive" is a death sentence unless someone with neccessary skills steps up.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
phil65 Wrote:Still a very bad idea to use those since they depend on old script versions which are not adjusted to new online APIs, dont do proper caching and lot more.
I can only repeat: Don´t use stuff unless there is a maintainer who knows what he is doing. IMO "inactive" is a death sentence unless someone with neccessary skills steps up.

Was about to post something similar as I've been trying to learn and keep up with the current state of all things skinning related. While doing that I've being seeing a common theme to many issues... and that seems to be a lack of understanding on how scripts are used. An example would be script.extended.info which the skin has to updated to use it when it itself is updated like you said cause of api changes or improvements to the code which makes it less likely api keys would get revoked or other things of that nature... I think if this is to be a helpful thread those "inactive" versions should also state that any errors associated with upgrading to a different version of Kodi and those involved with any type of script/addon should only be directed in the thread of that skin so as the people most interested in keeping those versions alive can assist in that task while not filling up the current threads/posts with issues that won't be solved cause nobody wants to upgrade their preferred skin on their own. I also used Aeon Nox 4 because it had the most to offer at the time but when it went unmaintained and without updates I moved on. I personally like being current anyway. I am currently using my own version of Aeon Nox 5 and if that becomes to cumbersome to maintain I will update to a more current skin that uses actively maintained versions of the scripts I want.
I have to agree with phil65 that problems do occur, errors are present in the log, and modifications will only suffice for a limited time unless contributors maintain it. In the past I stumbled across animated poster.gif's. It was suggested that it might be supported in Helix. Anyone know if there is any work in progress or intensions on any of the Aeon Nox versions that will eventually support this? That will be the skin I migrate to.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Great Idea ShadowTek ! i think this thread should be pinned Smile

and i agree with phil ... i check all "modified" mods for helix ( andy´s and shednox´s ) and i get more and more problems with caching and navigation etc... but its hard to loose all the nice "gadgets" they have Sad ( Movie Set cases, Set fanarts, icon change...EYECANDY STUFF )

i still hope some coder with skill took maybe "phils dev nox" and put the old gadgets into it ( wink to phil Wink )
... with the new great features of phils nox and the old gadgets we would get a GREAT Skin for Kodi ( since all other skins seems more and more lightweight )

maybe a christmas miracle wish ... but sometimes Wink
To me, Kodi is a front end catalog for my media.
It's part of my viewing/listening experience and demands full features because I'm an enthusiast.
To others it's no more than a means to play media on a cell phone which doesn't even require an optional skin.
Then there is the buy an inexpensive box and plug into the TV camp.
They want it to look cool and just work with little to no user intervention.
So, they download an intensive skin and start complaining about how come the skin uses so much resources there is nothing left to navigate or render the media?
The skinners listen and lean toward developing lite skins mimicing the parent version due to the cheap weak devices trying to use them.
Lots of versions of the same thing appear with subtle differences because they are all vying for the same market.
Of course a lot of the features the parent template had are missing but the cheap boxes work.
Where does this leave the enthusiast with a full on HTPC capable of using the most intensive skins?
In the dust because those skins have been abandoned in favor of the casual user.
So, in an attempt to continue using outdated hardy high caliber skins, we live with the side effects until they refuse to work any longer.
I think we all wish the original Aeon Nox and ALL it's features that evolved was still maintained and worked on every device allowing adjustments within the GUI to enable or disable features to fit the strength of the device.
I say this because I assume the new versions actually offer nothing new in features other than compatibility.
Correct me if I'm wrong since I very well could be having not installed all of these other versions but have read their threads.

this [WHITE UP POINTING BACKHAND INDEX]

I have a powerful htpc/game pc. I feel like all skin are aiming the cheap android boxes. I'm sad that enthusiast are kinda left out.

I do understand that maintaining a skin is hard unpaid work. I just wish a full fledge all bells and whistles skin would be available for helix as warlion's nox was for Gotham.
so many wrong statements here... i will keep out of this Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
As far as active skins go, there are still two very worthy entries that appeal to two different users. Aeon Nox 5 is the lightweight champion that is lacking on features but with modifications and future updates from BigNoid is still head and shoulders above other skins in terms of content. Just go to the official repo and try some of the other alternatives. The term "missing features" is based on perception, though. I am an enthusiast and can't think of many things that Aeon Nox 5 is lacking. But it doesn't do everything for everyone.

I don't know what phil's skin will look like when its done, but those complaining should understand it is still in development. And, even at this early state, it already looks like the heavy, feature-laden HTPC enthusiast skin that many want. Just the extendedinfo update alone makes it the most content-dense skin available today. But how long did it take to develop? This is a skin being rebuilt from scratch in someone's spare time, not as a form of full-time employment. Users should have greater patience regarding feature-bloat.

The dissent on this forum has been from people who don't like that things were cut to create version 5. But, from experience, it fills a worthy void of being able to run on platforms that have few other alternatives. People don't realize how badly designed other skins can be. I'm not seeing a gluttony of designers creating lightweight skins. I have tried just about every skin in the official repo. To me, they are all poorly-optimized, too slow and hard to read at a TV viewing distance. If you are not using Aeon Nox 5 everyday, you probably wouldn't realize the difference. I think he did a great job of creating something completely new and unique in terms of its performance.
phil65, we don't want you to keep out. We all have the utmost respect for you and always look forward to any guidance, corrections, or anything else you might offer up including the effort you put forth developing skins and the entire Kodi experience. You are an expert here. Most of the rest of us are just users. We don't have anywhere to turn other than these forums. I don't mean to turn this thread into more than it's title and will delete anything inappropriate upon request. If indeed any of these skins are in progress to match or exceed what yourself and BigNoid (merged by WarLion) originally created, I would be more than happy to help with testing. If they are already on that road and I'm misinformed, please by all means correct me. I guess a couple of us are confused if the new Nox skins under development are lite and never will be robust or if that assumption is incorrect. Please help us understand what we obviously don't : )

@brazen1

Phil's skin is not light in any way. In fact, the new DialogVideoInfo is so heavy that only those with powerful PCs will want to use it to avoid loading screens. But that is only one section. I have no idea what else is planned.
(2014-12-17, 19:02)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I think if this is to be a helpful thread those "inactive" versions should also state that any errors associated with upgrading to a different version of Kodi and those involved with any type of script/addon should only be directed in the thread of that skin so as the people most interested in keeping those versions alive can assist in that task while not filling up the current threads/posts with issues that won't be solved cause nobody wants to upgrade their preferred skin on their own

The "Where is it:" link leads to the main thread of that version, not to direct downloads for this very reason. Well.. except for Andy's as he never made a thread for his and his download link is buried.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Is there a list of the mods/additions to the Shrednox versions from Warlion? Just curious as I know a lot of things were requested and sometimes self-implemented. I don't remember exactly what all I did to my Gotham skin to get it almost exactly as I like it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox - Versions Guide9