Aeon Nox and Movie Set sort.
Wondering if someone could help me solve a problem I'm having. This is most likely the wrong spot to post, however as im using Aeon Nox (helix) it could be a setting code I can change in the skin.

The problem I'm having is with move sets sorting by default as Years rather than Title when being scraped. Sure I can change the sort when go into viewing options but the Movie Set info displays the movies and plots in year still, so the Stars Wars collection will show 4, 5 & 6 before 1, 2 & 3.

I've looked at the Movie Set script plugin and changed one line that mentions sort by Year to Sort by Title but this didn't work, wondering if someone has a setting in the skin or possibly the plugin script that they know off that could assist in this working.

Ultimately it would be nice to have an added option in the addon script to choose their default sort but that's something for the developer of the script to add.

Edit. I did do a search for this problem, but either the posts I found were old, or they mention that by default this setting is set to Year. Just hoping I could change this to Title by default, even if it means just changing mine manually to achieve this each time an update comes out then so be it, I'm happy to do so.
The general movies section view settings are separate from Sets. Go into one of your sets and change the view settings and they should stick.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hi CaptainKen, thanks for replying.

They do stick when I do this yes, however the Movie Set (showcase view with InfoView on) does not change the order of the sort that you select (in the Infoview), it still remains at 'Year' sort. When you go into the Set however, the sort does stick to what you select.

So I guess what I wanted to achieve was to change the default from scanning the Set in 'Year' to scanning in 'Title' sort so when the library is re-scrapped the movies will scan these in 'Title' sort order and display the correct order in Showcase view with the Infoview on.
I'm not using the newer Helix version of AN, but I'm assuming that helix can't be that different in this respect. I'll count on someone to chime in to set me straight if I'm wrong.

Perhaps I'm just not understanding you correctly. to my knowledge there are two places to access sets. One is within the "Movies" main menu item mixed in with all you not set movies and the other is the "Movie Sets" script on the sub menu.

When you change the sort of a set in movies main menu it should not have any effect on the same set in the movie sets sub menu. And vise versa.

So regardless of where you change the sort for a given set, it has no effect on other sets.

After typing this I went back and reread your original post. So your only issue is the default view? You have no issue with a set reverting back to sort by Year after you've changed to Title? If this is the case, then I'm sorry but I can't help you.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I'm at home now, so will post a couple screenshots.

(2014-12-19, 04:50)CaptainKen Wrote: One is within the "Movies" main menu item mixed in with all you not set movies and the other is the "Movie Sets" script on the sub menu.

You can now have your movies and movie sets under the one roof (which is what I do).

(2014-12-19, 04:50)CaptainKen Wrote: When you change the sort of a set in movies main menu it should not have any effect on the same set in the movie sets sub menu. And vise versa.

That's what I would have hoped for but no. Below is a screenshot from the Home Menu 'Movies' and the View Options (up arrow). The other is the View Options once inside a set (using the script.moviesets). I read doing a google search that the MovieSets addon is set to 'Year' by default, which is the part I would like to change. Anyway, the two views.

View Options via Home --> Movies --> View Options.

View Options via Home --> Movies --> Star Wars --> View Options.

So with InfoPanel on it displays the Movies within the set in 'Year' sort, you can change this to 'Title' via View Options (which sorts the movies within that set to Title order) but the InfoPanel still displays this info in Year order. (See pic below)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox and Movie Set sort.0