Chromebox Developer Screen-[Working Keyboards List]
(2014-12-22, 21:07)danlac63 Wrote: Logitech K830 working for me

Not sure which version you have, but my 830 is NOT working. I am aware mine is the older model though.

Putting this post here to discourage people from wasting money like I did.
Just got an Asus Chromebox. My new Logitech k830 seemed to be working fine. But following the dual boot instructions, going into developer mode, etc., Ctrl-Alt-F2 will not get me into the command prompt. Anyone have an idea why this might be? Keyboard seems to be communicating fine.
(2015-11-05, 21:46)billmarks Wrote: Just got an Asus Chromebox. My new Logitech k830 seemed to be working fine. But following the dual boot instructions, going into developer mode, etc., Ctrl-Alt-F2 will not get me into the command prompt. Anyone have an idea why this might be? Keyboard seems to be communicating fine.

if it's has a physical on/off switch, try toggling it once or twice once you're at the ChromeOS logon screen. Also ensure that you don't need to hit a Fn key to get the F-keys vs the media etc keys
Thanks. Hmmm. Just hooked up an older Mac USB keyboard and it worked fine first time. Funny the rest of the typing works from the k830 but not commands.
How is the performance on the Microsoft wireless all-in-one media keyboard with the ASUS Chromebox (Celeron)? Some people had issues with the range and trackpad on other systems, I just wanted to make sure it works OK since the store I'm buying it at charges restocking fees.
(2015-11-26, 06:29)mumbles Wrote: How is the performance on the Microsoft wireless all-in-one media keyboard with the ASUS Chromebox (Celeron)? Some people had issues with the range and trackpad on other systems, I just wanted to make sure it works OK since the store I'm buying it at charges restocking fees.

I have used it in my theatre room at ~30 feet with zero problems.
(2015-11-26, 06:29)mumbles Wrote: How is the performance on the Microsoft wireless all-in-one media keyboard with the ASUS Chromebox (Celeron)? Some people had issues with the range and trackpad on other systems, I just wanted to make sure it works OK since the store I'm buying it at charges restocking fees.

Maybe I had a dud but my ms wireless all-in-one had terrible range at ~10 feet away. I also couldn't perform ctrl-D or ctrl-L from the developer menu if I was dual booting with 1 sec pause. I had to increase the pause to 30 seconds which is a real pain. Did anyone else experience this?

I returned mine for a Logitech K400 Plus, which is newer than the K400 reported here. It works fine for me and has great range, but I haven't tested it in dual boot to see if it can handle the 1 sec pause.
I have the Logitech K400 Plus and it works fine for dual-booting from the dev screen on my ASUS CHROMEBOX-M075U. I have both ChromeOS and Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS installed on my chromeboxes. Big Grin
(2016-01-18, 00:46)Christopher1957 Wrote: I have the Logitech K400 Plus and it works fine for dual-booting from the dev screen on my ASUS CHROMEBOX-M075U. I have both ChromeOS and Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS installed on my chromeboxes. Big Grin

I got the same keyboard and love it. When you say dual-boot, do you have yours set to 1 second boot menu or 30 second boot menu?
I am stuck on the Bios Esc key and it keeps going to boot from hard drive...i have tried 2 wired keyboards and the logitech k400 plus which is wireless....has anyone gotten the k400 plus to work in the Bios screen?
(2016-02-13, 03:45)dspmeep Wrote: I am stuck on the Bios Esc key and it keeps going to boot from hard drive...i have tried 2 wired keyboards and the logitech k400 plus which is wireless....has anyone gotten the k400 plus to work in the Bios screen?
Are you getting the prompt to press ESC, but the ESC key doesn't work? And I presume this is for a standalone (not dual boot w/ChromeOS) setup?
A big thanks to everyone who continue to contribute to this list!

I've updated the top post with all recent contributions to date.

THANKS.
Logitech K330 keyboard from Logitech mk320 combo works great for me and also keyboard that came with Acer R3610 computer works perfect (model #KG-0917)
Since this is the *only* list of its kind that I know of...

...anybody have anything to say about the Logitech K480 bluetooth keyboard? It is attractive to me on my Chrome devices since:

- supports multiple (3) bluetooth devices
- there is a short sale refurbished sale price right now

Please comment if you can!
(2017-07-17, 20:11)darethehair Wrote: Since this is the *only* list of its kind that I know of...

...anybody have anything to say about the Logitech K480 bluetooth keyboard? It is attractive to me on my Chrome devices since:

- supports multiple (3) bluetooth devices
- there is a short sale refurbished sale price right now

Please comment if you can!

that's a no, per r/chromeos: https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/commen...t_support/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Developer Screen-[Working Keyboards List]0