Chromebox Developer Screen-[Working Keyboards List]
As many of you know, not all wireless keyboards work at the Chromebox Developer screen (where you try to do your CTRL-D, CTRL-L thing...) Mine was one of them. Having to plug in a wired keyboard anytime you want to dual boot between regular ChromeOS and Kodi is, of course, a pain.

So, before buying another keyboard I researched, but couldn't find a "working keyboard" list anywhere (if I'm wrong, please let me know). So, I volunteer to make one. Having that in the wiki would be useful to everyone.

So! If your wireless keyboard works (OR DOESN'T), please either reply here, or send me a PM. I'll keep track. Once we have enough of a start I'll see about getting it added to the main wiki article. THANKS.

For starters...

Confirmed NOT Working
-------------------------
Adesso WKB-4000US (the v1 version without the power switch)
Digitech XC5172
Genius 1060C186
Logitech K220 (wireless), K400, K410, K400R, K480
Perixx PERIBOARD-716 (wireless, integrated trackpad, USB dongle)
Razer Tarantula
Rii i8+ (Updated 2015 Model with Backlight)
Sony PS3 official keyboard, model CECH-ZKB1** (Bluetooth, with trackpoint)

Confirmed Working
--------------------
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple wired mb110ll/b
Cherry KC 1000 (wired), G208 (wireless, aka CyMotion Pro wireless Desktop)
CHROMEBOX-M115U desktop bundle keyboard
Generic Chrome Wireless Keyboard (with the Asus bundles)
IOGEAR GKM561R
IOGEAR GKM681R
iRainy 6-axis 2.4GHz Mini Portable Wireless Air mouse
KeySonic ACK-540RF
Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110
Logitech Internet Navigator
Logitech K250, K330, K360, K400+, K520, K800, K830
Logitech MK320
Logitech Mini Controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV
Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 (wired)
Microsoft Wireless 6000 Keyboard
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
Razer Black Widow
Rii Mini i8
Rii i28 mini One

Partially Working
------------------
Model xyz (details here. example: works if waking from suspend mode only, not from a cold boot)
Logitech K800 working for me
Thanks, darebee. List updated.

(2014-12-19, 16:23)darebee Wrote: Logitech K800 working for me
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 worked for me (in fact, it worked where a cabled keyboard would not!)
Microsoft All-in-One Media keyboard works fine too.
Logitech K360 and K520 both work
(2014-12-19, 17:15)dmdfan Wrote: Microsoft All-in-One Media keyboard works fine too.

Good to know. I just picked up one of those, but suspected that it would.

For a laugh, the ViewSonic ViewMate Slim Keyboard KU201 does *not* work. And it's wired!
hehe - thanks, Sunflux. Good to know Smile

keep 'em coming...
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110
Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901
Logitech Mini Controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV
Working

Just to be clear.
These keyboards allow me to boot Chrome OS in a dual boot setup (Linux Default) with the 1 second delay by pressing CTRL-D.

Also, Just to be clear. I booted Chrome OS each time I posted the working keyboard. Three keyboards Three boots with CTRL-D.

You gotta be johnny on the spot with that 1 second delay, It sometimes takes a few tries but it works.
RodG, just for clarification, the developer boot screen (and recovery screen, where you hit [CTRL-D/L]), ChromeOS login screen ([CTRL-ALT-F2]), and SeaBIOS boot menu ([ESC]) are all different in terms of what level of hardware initialization is done, so it's possible for a given device to work in one but not another. Almost all should work at the ChromeOS login screen, since hardware init is complete, and the OS kernel booted and drivers loaded
FishOil, thanks for the details. Updated.

Matt, thanks. Those are good factors to keep in mind. I've removed the CTRL-ALT-F2 reference from my top post, so as not to confuse things. I was intending for this keyboard list to focus just on the developer boot screen:

Do you think that's okay? I agree the ChromeOS logon screen probably isn't really a problem area. I never thought about expanding the list to include the SeaBIOS [ESC] screen, though.

I finally updated the list to include my own problematic Adesso WKB-4000US. Too bad! I really like that KB and wish it worked. Mine's the original 'v1' (the one without a power switch). I'm really curious if anybody has experience with the newer model.

-Rod
Logitech K830 working for me
The rii Mini i8 also works for me. It is small and works perfectly.
Rii i28 mini One is working on HP
Thanks, wackid. And thanks to everyone who's replied so far.

Keep 'em coming, please...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Developer Screen-[Working Keyboards List]0