• 3(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
I thought these came without wifi or bt. Wifi does not bother me as it would be wired. But £9 for delivery. Total cost is now £100..quitr a bit different to original pre bag price. Ouch.
Apologies if I'm being stupid but the zotac website states wifi = n/a. So I assume it's without wifi.
US spec U-W2 comes with WiFi, minus bluetooth according to this review:
http://www.servethehome.com/Workstation-...twork-box/

Barebones Amazon UK stock SKU BI320-B has WLAN (WiFi)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOTAC-ZBOX-BI320...otac+bi320

Built into the motherboard perhaps ?

Must be different specs for different regions. Have you ordered as well? Let's all hope we get what we wanted.
Amazon.com in USA has two reviews that stated WiFi USB has to be added.
No biggie I suppose, but dual band AC would have been nice.

Waiting on International shipping prices ATM, but it now appears the Office is closed till 5th Jan 2015. Hmmm. Confused
Time to do some Windows Media Centre TV Tuner research as well.....

(2014-12-28, 10:14)wrxtasy Wrote: US spec U-W2 comes with WiFi, minus bluetooth according to this review:
http://www.servethehome.com/Workstation-...twork-box/
I'm not so sure about that. It doesn't show up in the screenshot of the network adapters from the device manager.

In other news, I'm still trying to track down where my "Delivered" BI320 is. Confused
The servercase listing is now gone, the mystery deepens.
I expect all these retailers use drop shipping from the same wholesaler, this is very common in the UK for computer parts, so I wouldn't be surprised and that the wholesaler has made a mistake in the pricing and that this is now come to light. However if your order has been accepted and payment has been processed taken then a contract is now formed which they have to honour.
Well I paid via paypal and am checking my emails every day to see if there is a cancellation notification. So far so good, I will keep everything crossed.
If you have payment confirmation from paypal they have to honour it even if a mistake has been made, they can only cancel up to the point payment is taken as once that's done a contract in law is formed. Hopefully however it's just a delay because of the Christmas period, but there's the other potential consideration was that this was coming from a wholesaler that used City Link for deliverys so will now have to make alternative delivery arrangements.
Hmmm really wish I had paid next day delivery too! Does seem it might have been a misprice. The processor is more powerful than the 2820 NUC and includes ram and a HDD and yet is cheaper...

Wonder what the real price should be?
For any other posters from Sweden I found this box with a slightly different spec. here.

Comes with 4Gb Ram, 500Gb HDD and no OS for 1434 SEK which is approx. £118 or $183 inc. sales tax (VAT) at a rate of 25%

Pity it doesn't have the SSD but a small one could be added or run OpenElec from a USB stick and have some local storage
(2014-12-29, 19:53)Chris P Bacon Wrote: For any other posters from Sweden I found this box with a slightly different spec. here.

Comes with 4Gb Ram, 500Gb HDD and no OS for 1434 SEK which is approx. £118 or $183 inc. sales tax (VAT) at a rate of 25%

Pity it doesn't have the SSD but a small one could be added or run OpenElec from a USB stick and have some local storage

Makes you think the UK version isn't necessarily a misprice.
shame i missed this Sad cheeper then chromebox i was thinking of getting to replace my pi
(2014-12-29, 20:13)gangstarrrrr Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 19:53)Chris P Bacon Wrote: For any other posters from Sweden I found this box with a slightly different spec. here.

Makes you think the UK version isn't necessarily a misprice.
Either that or they are all mispriced from the European distributor!

Retail there is very little difference in the price of a 64Gb ssd and a 500Gb hdd and the Windows 8.1 with Bing is free so that leaves a difference of the 2Gb vs 4Gb of Ram and a higher rate of VAT so they seem to be very close in base price.

If you were really afraid of not getting one at this price I would order from some of the Amazon sellers who are all around £100. With Amazon's great customer service you are more likely to get it and if some of the other suppliers come through at the lower price you will be able to return to Amazon with no quibble.
Yeah it's £101 from Amazon reseller. So not the same protections as a normal Amazon purchase.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1