• 4(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
Ordered from Amazon just in case but I suspect it is the same wholesaler for all.

At the very least you have the distance selling regs as some form of protection if you're not happy with it.
Done the same. Expected delivery between 3 - 7 Jan. Whichever turns up second will be sent back.
I finally got mine from Newegg today. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but the box clearly has a sticker with 2GB RAM / 64GB SSD / Windows logos on it.
(2014-12-30, 03:03)Stereodude Wrote: I finally got mine from Newegg today. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but the box clearly has a sticker with 2GB RAM / 64GB SSD / Windows logos on it.

What variant is this? BI320-B?
(2014-12-30, 06:08)gangstarrrrr Wrote: What variant is this? BI320-B?
ZBOX-BI320-U-W2. The letter after the 320 identifies the country, so it's not a B for the the US.
anyone got theres yet hows it perform?
I am coming to the conclusion that at £90 this is a mis-price.

After a bit of Googling I have found that the box with ssd, ram and Win8.1 is priced at €230-€290 in Germany.

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/Offe...zotac.html
Strange cause when it was first reviewed they commented about it being a sub $200 box.
Haven't received a dispatch note on either of my orders but not a cancellation either.
(2014-12-31, 16:49)Mark142 Wrote: Strange cause when it was first reviewed they commented about it being a sub $200 box.
There is also a barebones version available which comes without HDD, Ram or obviously OS which sells in Germany for €120 I suspect that some sellers (or perhaps the UK distributor) have mistakenly listed the fully built unit and priced it as the barebones unit.
(2014-12-31, 14:49)chclark Wrote: anyone got theres yet hows it perform?
I've been playing with it in Windows 8.1 a bit after plugging it in today. Mostly to see how Foobar2000 works with the optical output. It pretty snappy and responsive. Windows 8.1 is pretty awful to use for someone who hasn't used anything newer than Windows 7. Also right out of the box it has 1.6gB of Windows updates to install too. Angry

Still a perfectly usable mini PC with a SSD & Windows license for $140 is just plain silly.

I'm going to try OpenELEC on it in a little bit.
Be good to know what it's like with openelec on it. So kodi was running ok with windows 8.1 on the device
(2014-12-31, 21:21)chclark Wrote: Be good to know what it's like with openelec on it. So kodi was running ok with windows 8.1 on the device
I haven't tried Kodi on it in Windows yet. However I can confirm it will bitstream the HD audio formats under Windows. Windows reports HDCP support as well as all the HD formats. MPC-HC with the internal LAV filters indeed passes TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio, so its got a leg up on the Chromeboxes here.
Wow features am not sure what they are but sounds cool lol. Shame I can't seem to find any of these for sale in the uk or at least from a known supplier.

As long as it does 1080 faster then a pi and is slightly future proof they sound good
FWIW, you can't boot off a SD card in the internal reader on the BI320. It's USB 2.0 based reader, but uses a Realtek controller that the BIOS doesn't recognize as a mass storage device. Windows even needs a driver for the reader.

OpenELEC can see cards in the reader, so it can be used for media input even though you can't boot from it. OpenELEC 5.0 runs fine on the BI320. It played everything I threw at it smoothly. Blu-ray with the different video codecs, 1080i and 720p MPEG-2 OTA HD, various resolution transcoded content, etc. CPU usage stayed low. As expected it passed the HD audio formats via HDMI without issue.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1