• 6(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
(2015-01-03, 03:56)wrxtasy Wrote: these slackers don't mention NO WiFi either Sad
They couldn't be bothered to take a picture of the bottom of the board either.
If you read the comments ont hat review you will see this listed about the barebones system "Warning (I voided my Warranty so you don’t have to) the non-Windows barebones version of the BI320 does *not* include the same mSATA connector on the back of the motherboard, just bare solder pads for it (and bare solder pads for a short mini PCIE slot as well). If you were thinking of setting up a dual drive Linux system, you might as well get the Windows version, which is currently $180 at the egg, vs the bare version at $120 (although it was recently on shell shocker for 90, which is how I got it) Even though I consider 2GB DDR3 to be worthless since I have so many from upgrading friends’ laptops, it’s worth it for me to not have to try surface mount soldering."
OK
I just bought one of these puppies from ebay (due to all the great info here) for 189.90 2gb 64gb SSD Win8.1 Bing! The seller has one left for 229.96 with 4gb. HERE
(2014-12-21, 12:50)Mark142 Wrote: Hi All,
I was browsing for an XBMC / KODI box for a friend and came across this Zotac Barebones box

http://www.cclonline.com/product/165922/...-/BRB0366/

Zotac ZBOX B1320 comes with the celeron 2957u (similar to the Chromebox)

I have the following questions, This is a barebones package but the specs confuse me. It states 0 RAM is included but 64GB SSD is and it mentions Windows 8.1 with Bing. I'm confused if the specs show what it comes with or what is supports. To me it looks like eveything except RAM is included but seems too good to be true.
I am after some second opinions on the specs and what may be included. I have emailed CCL as well. If all you need to do is add RAM then this looks like a good deal to me. Would this make a good xbmc box?

Thanks

Mark, the model you want is the B1320 U version. Just bought it. It has 2 gig of ddr3 memory, a microsata 64 gig ssd, second sata connection for a 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD, windows 8.1 with a restore disc.no wifi is the only con. 4 usb 3.0, 2 usb 2.0, a card reader, HDMI, DVI for monitor, HD sound with optical additional connector. I got it for a screaming deal on Newegg sale for $169 (currently $249). It is an amazing bargain for the money and unless you are a gamer or use cpu intensive software this is all you will need. Super accessible to install additional memory and sata ssd. the micro sata hard drive is under the board so no reason to mess with it. if it ever goes bad you can pull the board to replace or install OS on the 2.5 sata drive. I wiped 8.1 and installed windows 7 64 bit. runs like a champ. cpu runs cool with HD video streaming around 44C (max is 100).

Regards

Hi All,
I was browsing for an XBMC / KODI box for a friend and came across this Zotac Barebones box

http://www.cclonline.com/product/165922/...-/BRB0366/

Zotac ZBOX B1320 comes with the celeron 2957u (similar to the Chromebox)

I have the following questions, This is a barebones package but the specs confuse me. It states 0 RAM is included but 64GB SSD is and it mentions Windows 8.1 with Bing. I'm confused if the specs show what it comes with or what is supports. To me it looks like eveything except RAM is included but seems too good to be true.
I am after some second opinions on the specs and what may be included. I have emailed CCL as well. If all you need to do is add RAM then this looks like a good deal to me. Would this make a good xbmc box?

Thanks
[/quote]
The bare bones one has no RAM, SSD, or Windows. The mSATA socket is apparently also missing.
I received my first update in my order last night... The Amazon order I placed after the ccl order has been delayed. According to Amazon it has not been dispatched yet but importantly they have not debited my card yet... Looks like this is going pear shaped. I'm holding out until Monday for the ccl order and will then contact them as it would be two weeks since I ordered. I have my email communications with them as back up and see where that gets me.. They have debited my account so contract had been agreed. Anybody else from the UK got one ot had any communication?
(2015-01-04, 10:21)Mark142 Wrote: I received my first update in my order last night... The Amazon order I placed after the ccl order has been delayed. According to Amazon it has not been dispatched yet but importantly they have not debited my card yet... Looks like this is going pear shaped. I'm holding out until Monday for the ccl order and will then contact them as it would be two weeks since I ordered. I have my email communications with them as back up and see where that gets me.. They have debited my account so contract had been agreed. Anybody else from the UK got one ot had any communication?

Nothing on either of my 2 orders.
I think it's helpful to clarify some of the specs on the different variants.

U: No OS, No HDD, No RAM. US only?

U-W2: Win 8.1, 64GB SSD, 2GB RAM. US only?

B: ? Europe only?

Above sound about right?
Back in stock at kikatek. And it states ssd and windows but no ram again. Surely they can't make the same mistake again?
http://www.kikatek.com/P548205/ZBOX-BI32...arebone-PC

Ordered with 2 day delivery option for couple of quid extra total price just under £100 and should come with SSD and windows but no RAM....Lets hope so.
(2015-01-04, 10:51)Mark142 Wrote: Back in stock at kikatek. And it states ssd and windows but no ram again. Surely they can't make the same mistake again?

Ordered with 2 day delivery option for couple of quid extra total price just under £100 and should come with SSD and windows but no RAM....Lets hope so.

Thanks. Ordered too. Cancelling the Amazon order. One of the kikatek or CCL orders should come through I hope.
(2015-01-04, 10:51)gangstarrrrr Wrote: I think it's helpful to clarify some of the specs on the different variants.

Above sound about right?
The first part of the product code after the model number denotes the global region.

U = US/North America
B= Britian
E= Europe

I don't think it has much significance beyond what plug is in the box for the power supply.

(2015-01-04, 10:51)Mark142 Wrote: Back in stock at kikatek. And it states ssd and windows but no ram again. Surely they can't make the same mistake again?

Did you take a screen grab at the time of ordering? Does your order confirmation mention the SSD and Win8.1?

The link now shows no mention of these and states it's the barebones model, googling the EAN code on the listing confirms it as the barebones model.
(2015-01-04, 17:39)Chris P Bacon Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 10:51)gangstarrrrr Wrote: I think it's helpful to clarify some of the specs on the different variants.

Above sound about right?
The first part of the product code after the model number denotes the global region.

U = US/North America
B= Britian
E= Europe

I don't think it has much significance beyond what plug is in the box for the power supply.

Did you take a screen grab at the time of ordering? Does your order confirmation mention the SSD and Win8.1?

The link now shows no mention of these and states it's the barebones model, googling the EAN code on the listing confirms it as the barebones model.

No but i wish i did now, Gangstarrrr did you?

(2015-01-04, 17:39)Chris P Bacon Wrote:

Above sound about right?

U = US/North America
B= Britian
E= Europe

No but i wish i did now, Gangstarrrr did you?
newegg has the A50M APU one on sale for $80: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173044

Above sound about right?
There's a ZBOX-BI320-B/E/U/J/TW-W2. My guess is it breaks down like this:

B - UK
E - Europe
U - USA
J - Japan
TW - Taiwan

Probably regionalization of the Windows install and perhaps the power supply. The barebones model doesn't seem to have any country "codes" in the sku (per the Zotac website).
Wish ccl still had them Id order from them but the other uk sellers are ones ive not heard of.

Seen some deals on hotukdeals for similar devices but not sure if the cpu is in the same league
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1