• 7(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
I didn't get a screenshot (stupidly) but the page has definitely been changed. I'm going to check google cache...
well done gangstarrrr I have found it in my cache, I have saved the screen shots now showing the specs . It said SSD and Windows 8.1 included
update - after following up with CCL they have advised me the item is out of stock and I can either wait for a few days or get a refund. I have taken this opportunity to ask them to confirm that the product will be as per the original description including SSD and RAM as per the communication with them via email. I await a response from them.

CCL cancelled my order too. @ jjd-uk, thing is it was originally briefly available from kikatek as well as CCL with the extras but they then amended it to show barebones. they then re listed it again with the SSD and windows which was when I reposted it and me and gangstarrrr ordered again, I have screen shots to prove it was listed with SSD and windows. they then changed their website, seems things were too good to be true, According to Kikatek they have already dispatched mine (I paid extra for 2 day delivery) so I'll see what I get tomorrow but its not looking good.
Well CCL have cancelled my order without informing me or asking. Poor customer service.
The barebones is available from http://www.lambda-tek.com/Zotac-ZBOX-BI3...h/B1989791 for £87.83 so I think the other retailers have screwed up.

lambdatek doesn't show any Windows system version at the moment so I bet no where in the UK has had them in stock (as they would be drop shipped from the same wholesale distributor), so my betting is that the listings either get updated for the barebones, or if the listing is for the system version then they are waiting for the 1st stock to land at which point expect price to shoot up.
Am note sure of to buy one or not would of been nice to have the windows version just to have the msata port which the barebones doesn't have.

Oh what to do
For those still wondering, it does come with RAM and msata drive, got mine for $139.99 when it was on sale.
As mentioned earlier, there is a barebone as well, so be careful.

However, sold it to my nephew... I am so impress with the AFTV, after some video addons, I am able to do all the things I need.

Added: Ooops, my bad!!!!
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
You bought a -U-W2 from Newegg. They're talking about a model in the UK.
Well I am told something has been delivered today...

I very much doubt, however, that it will have the RAM/SSD & OS but I shall report back! If it doesn't, it's going straight back!
So I haven't spent any time trying to troubleshoot it, but my BI320 immediately seems to wake up from Suspend in OpenELEC. Suspend was really touchy in Windows 8.1, but it would stay asleep. However, if the mouse moved even the slightest bit it would wake up. I need to check the BIOS for options and make sure I'm not bumping the mouse in my OpenELEC testing.
Well I received the barebones as feared. So will be rma back to kikatek as not as described.
Same. As expected but still a bit disappointed. It's not as small as I thought either.
Shame they didn't leave the msata on the barebones might of been tempted still then.

Wonder how much the new Intel nucs will cost on the uk
(2015-01-06, 18:44)Stereodude Wrote: So I haven't spent any time trying to troubleshoot it, but my BI320 immediately seems to wake up from Suspend in OpenELEC. Suspend was really touchy in Windows 8.1, but it would stay asleep. However, if the mouse moved even the slightest bit it would wake up. I need to check the BIOS for options and make sure I'm not bumping the mouse in my OpenELEC testing.
I did a little more testing and it won't stay in suspend in OpenELEC with the USB receiver for the Lenovo N5901 wireless keyboard / mouse plugged in (USB 2.0 or 3.0 port). It pops out of Suspend after a second or two. I looked through the BIOS and I can disable USB devices from waking it from S3/S4, but I'm not pressing any buttons on the keyboard or moving the mouse when it wakes up. With the wireless receiver unplugged from the BI320 it will stay in suspend and WOL from Yatse.

I haven't tried any other keyboard or mouse on the BI320, but my Chromebox will stay in suspend with the same Lenovo N5901 keyboard connected.
FEDEX just dropped mine off. Opened the box and LOOKED at it so far getting ready to plug it in.

With Win 8.1 It wants you to setup your outlook.com account or you can logon local. Is there any advantage in either way of logging in when it's going to be mainly used for a media player?

Facing the front of the zbox with it in a horizontal position, there is a USB port with a rubber plug in it on the right side. I assume this is the port that is used for charging stuff. The manual doesn't show it but does say you have to go to a site and download a special driver for it to work.....
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1