• 12(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
(2015-01-31, 13:54)stefcon1 Wrote: Is there still nowhere in the UK that you can purchase the W2 version with 8.1?
There's an Amazon marketplace seller with it listed at £227.15 with free UK delivery.but that is rather pricey and Googling the sellers name suggests they are probably based in Italy. Would be cheaper to order from Germany if any of these will deliver to the UK.
(2015-01-31, 15:12)Chris P Bacon Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 13:54)stefcon1 Wrote: Is there still nowhere in the UK that you can purchase the W2 version with 8.1?
There's an Amazon marketplace seller with it listed at £227.15 with free UK delivery.but that is rather pricey and Googling the sellers name suggests they are probably based in Italy. Would be cheaper to order from Germany if any of these will deliver to the UK.

Thanks Chris, those German sites have it listed as W3 but looks the right one. Strange nobody is selling this version in the UK. Huh
Just ordered one with 120GB SSD and 4GB memory for ~€220 (dam euro is gone to sh!t against pound and dollar).
(2015-01-31, 17:03)viperlogic Wrote: Just ordered one with 120GB SSD and 4GB memory for ~€220 (dam euro is gone to sh!t against pound and dollar).

Where did you order from?
(2015-01-31, 17:45)Chris P Bacon Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 17:03)viperlogic Wrote: Just ordered one with 120GB SSD and 4GB memory for ~€220 (dam euro is gone to sh!t against pound and dollar).

CCL
My AMP and TV support CEC, does the Bi320?
No - you'd need to add a USB CEC adaptor.
(2015-01-31, 17:46)viperlogic Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 17:45)Chris P Bacon Wrote:

CCL
Was that a special order? I don't see it listed on their website.
[Edit] Never mind I just realise that you build it yourself from the barebones modeland it'snot the Win 8.1 with Bing model.
Well, I just ordered one from Newegg. It wasn't the $140 deal but even at $160 is still a good deal for the specs. The Windows licence and the mSata alone cost more than $100.
Should get here by Wednesday. I will post my opinion after I play with it for a bit.
(2015-02-01, 06:40)z31fanatic Wrote: Well, I just ordered one from Newegg. It wasn't the $140 deal but even at $160 is still a good deal for the specs. The Windows licence and the mSata alone cost more than $100.
Should get here by Wednesday. I will post my opinion after I play with it for a bit.

That version sadly not available in the UK, otherwise i would buy one. Not only do we get ripped off with prices compared to the US, we don't get as much choice either.
(2015-02-01, 13:12)stefcon1 Wrote:
(2015-02-01, 06:40)z31fanatic Wrote: Well, I just ordered one from Newegg. It wasn't the $140 deal but even at $160 is still a good deal for the specs. The Windows licence and the mSata alone cost more than $100.

That version sadly not available in the UK, otherwise i would buy one. Not only do we get ripped off with prices compared to the US, we don't get as much choice either.

On the other hand we got a lot more consumer protection... (Distance selling, UK Sale of Goods Act and a lot of the EU regulations are far tougher than in the US.) Sure I'd love to pay less for stuff and have more choice, but I wouldn't want to be regulated the same as the US either. I guess it's a quid-pro-quo kind of situation.
(2015-02-01, 13:19)noggin Wrote:
(2015-02-01, 13:12)stefcon1 Wrote:

On the other hand we got a lot more consumer protection... (Distance selling, UK Sale of Goods Act and a lot of the EU regulations are far tougher than in the US.) Sure I'd love to pay less for stuff and have more choice, but I wouldn't want to be regulated the same as the US either. I guess it's a quid-pro-quo kind of situation.

Fair point.
are these fanless? If not how loud are they? As loud as a HP (hoover) chromebox? Or as quiet as a ASUS chromebox?
(2015-02-01, 21:16)bertybassett Wrote: are these fanless? If not how loud are they as loud as a HP (hoover) chromebox? Or as quiet as a ASUS chromebox?

Standing right in front of it, its about 2 feet from my face where mine sits, I do not hear it. I do not hear it until I bend over and put my ear next to it. With age this might change, you know how these little fans are. Smile
(2015-02-01, 13:19)noggin Wrote: On the other hand we got a lot more consumer protection... (Distance selling, UK Sale of Goods Act and a lot of the EU regulations are far tougher than in the US.) Sure I'd love to pay less for stuff and have more choice, but I wouldn't want to be regulated the same as the US either. I guess it's a quid-pro-quo kind of situation.
And what are these protections you speak of? I am curious.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1