• 24(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
(2015-08-01, 15:58)flhthemi Wrote: Has anyone updated to Windows 10?

And is bit streaming working with windows 10 on the BI320?
(2015-09-01, 12:27)viperlogic Wrote:

I upgarded to Win 10 shortly after release. Works great so far ... DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. I'm actually running the DirectShow Kodi flavor & MadVR. Also using Steam streaming as well. Very happy so far.
(2015-09-15, 02:32)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 12:27)viperlogic Wrote:

I upgarded to Win 10 shortly after release. Works great so far ... DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. I'm actually running the DirectShow Kodi flavor & MadVR. Also using Steam streaming as well. Very happy so far.

Which are you using for Audio OUT.. HDMI or SPDIF? I can't pass 5.1 on HDMI to my LG TV then to the Amp as the driver for the TV only allows 2 channels. So I use SPDIF directly to my Yamaha amp. Amp has no HDMI inputs (old hardware) So I tried HDMI to TV and out the TV on SPDIF no joy....
(2015-09-15, 14:46)flhthemi Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 02:32)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 12:27)viperlogic Wrote: And is bit streaming working with windows 10 on the BI320?

Which are you using for Audio OUT.. HDMI or SPDIF? I can't pass 5.1 on HDMI to my LG TV then to the Amp as the driver for the TV only allows 2 channels. So I use SPDIF directly to my Yamaha amp. Amp has no HDMI inputs (old hardware) So I tried HDMI to TV and out the TV on SPDIF no joy....

HDMI to amp
(2015-09-15, 14:47)viperlogic Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 14:46)flhthemi Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 02:32)JonnyVee Wrote: I upgarded to Win 10 shortly after release. Works great so far ... DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. I'm actually running the DirectShow Kodi flavor & MadVR. Also using Steam streaming as well. Very happy so far.

HDMI to amp

Same for me ... hdmi to denon receiver. You could always use a splitter that will seperate the audio from the hdmi signal. Monoprice sells one.
(2015-09-15, 02:32)JonnyVee Wrote: I upgarded to Win 10 shortly after release. Works great so far ...
I upgraded mine to W10 and was getting blue screens so had to revert back to 8.1.
Been running ours on windows 10 with no problems.
Had the odd glitch where it would see the tv hdmi as the second screen, but a reboot soon cures that
So far its been very stable
Mixed results so far with Win 10. What scares me about an update is the way I totally lost access to my Windows installed shortcuts on the taskbar on a test desktop. Like I would click on the Action center icon and I get a very brief busy cursor and then nothing. Windows start and search also reacted the same. I couldn't find a way to restore them at the time and so reinstalled Win 10. A few days later, same thing all over again. Tried it on another box I have and got the same issues. So I gave up on Win 10 for a while.
Okay, so I've been using this ZBox for a while now and I've been thinking about 'upgrading'. I'd really just like to build my own HTPC this time. Will there be much of an improvement with Kodi if I build a simple desktop i3? My plan is to build something less expensive now then upgrade at some point in the future. 3D and 4k aren't important to me at the moment. To be honest 3D will never be on my list, but once 4k is mainstream then I'll likely do some upgrading. It's more or less just a project at this point, but if it yields an upgrade to performance than that would also be good.
(2015-10-12, 20:07)Bri1270 Wrote: Okay, so I've been using this ZBox for a while now and I've been thinking about 'upgrading'. I'd really just like to build my own HTPC this time. Will there be much of an improvement with Kodi if I build a simple desktop i3? My plan is to build something less expensive now then upgrade at some point in the future. 3D and 4k aren't important to me at the moment. To be honest 3D will never be on my list, but once 4k is mainstream then I'll likely do some upgrading. It's more or less just a project at this point, but if it yields an upgrade to performance than that would also be good.
Care to elaborate on the reasons for upgrading?

Also can anyone else confirm that the barebones version also does not have the mini PCIe slot as well as Win8.1, 2GB RAM and 64GB mSATA SSD?
Just picked up this box for a second htpc for the living room.
Need to hop out and get some ram for it, but what's everyone using for hdd?
I was gonna go grab a 120gb ssd for pretty cheap, I think $54.99 but realized i have 2.5 Seagate 7200rpm drive on my desk.
Might that get too hot for this box?
I have a WD 320 7200 in mine, doesn't seem hot to me at all....Might want to shop around 55.00 should get more drive than that.
Well I bit the bullet and upgraed to Win 10. The SPDIF Realtek drivers got missed by the upgrade. Strange the Device Manager didn't even see the Realtek hardware. So I downloaded the drivers from Zotac and installed them anyway. Now it's there and working. So I guess I'll do the other BI320 soon.

Noticed there is now a BI323 quad core at Zotac! Wish I had a few extra bucks!
(2016-01-15, 01:30)flhthemi Wrote: Well I bit the bullet and upgraed to Win 10. The SPDIF Realtek drivers got missed by the upgrade. Strange the Device Manager didn't even see the Realtek hardware. So I downloaded the drivers from Zotac and installed them anyway. Now it's there and working. So I guess I'll do the other BI320 soon.

Noticed there is now a BI323 quad core at Zotac! Wish I had a few extra bucks!

Seems like the fully loaded Zbox BI323 is going for roughly $185 on amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017AAHHDA

For those who are looking and that is a great price for the box since that was roughly the starting point of the Bi320 and even the Asus Chromebox

To bad my Amazon gift balance is empty so for now I will just use my DP to HDMI cable with my Thinkpad T420 laptop. And use my PS3 controller to use it from the couch.
I have a little problem....

BI320 Win 10 All updated drivers Kodi 16.1. If I run Windows 10 in 1920x1080 (recommended mode by Win 10) the task bar will become non-functional after a while. Moving the mouse pointer to it won't open it, the Windows key will open the start menu but NO task bar. If I restart explorer.exe or sign out and back in it will work again but eventually will fail to appear. If I switch Windows to 1280x720 task bar works fine! This happens on both my 320's.

Am I the only one with this issue?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1