• 1(current)
Helix and Metropolis
I finally have some time off work, so a Helix-compatible version of Metropolis will be a priority. Just be patient folks!
Pretty close now.

The 2.9.1 Gotham release needs to happen first. All that's really left is support for weather maps via OpenWeatherMap. It's not terribly important really and can probably be skipped until the Helix release, but I want it in the Helix release, so either way, it needs to be done. If you can help, please feel free to contribute.

The first Helix release is nearly ready, aside from the aforementioned weather maps change, and the PVR changes; unfortunately, I don't have a PVR so I need to go over those changes a bit more carefully. If majority votes, I can release a Helix version without the PVR changes earlier, and patch it up in a point release. Lemme know.

Specifically, is this issue important? Again, I don't have a PVR, so I really don't know what this means for people. If it's not a huge deal, I'll push it off a bit.

I know a lot of you are really chomping at the bit for custom home menus, but it's a much larger change that I don't feel comfortable releasing without a lot more testing. So.. wait for that, or release for Helix now.. again, let me know.

To help speed things along a bit for the next releases I could use some help with artwork. I am a monkey with a mouse when it comes to paint programs, so.. if you can help with any of the following, please do:

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/273
https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/229
Those PVR changes are absolute, either they're made, or PVR doesn't work. I mean they went from one window ID to 5, changed a bunch of controls IDs, and then changed the way all 5 interact, then added some new IDs near the end. To give an example, there is no longer 1 pop-up options window for the PVR, now there are 5. The changes need to be made by someone with a completely functional PVR device. I did what I could, but I have only 12 free-to-air channels (that barely can get enough data to show me 15 seconds of video), and the channel numbers and icons aren't being transmitted so they are completely missing to me. Someone with a nice PVR setup needs to either check what I did extensively or start over. Also I have no radio function on my PVR, so I wrote that blind, plus I think some last minute change in Kodi before the release has changed in regards to the way it works.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
That's the problem, I not only don't have a partially functional PVR, I just don't have one at all.. I can spend the time to look it over really carefully, but if I do that, it'll delay the release. That's why I was soliciting opinions. The PVR stuff can be fixed in a point release later if not a lot of Metropolis users use the PVR functions.

As it is, what's up on github seems to be working fine, but I haven't yet gone through my test procedures. Just going from prior experience and the changes made though, things should be mostly working at the moment. Bumping the GUI version is likely going to cause the most grief, but I intend to address that this week.
I vote for release a Helix version without the PVR.
Same here. Metropolis was my default XBMC skin. I upgraded to Kodi two days ago and I had to use a different skin. I also vote for a Helix release without PVR.
Now you have no more excuses. Smile

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Also chiming in to add a +1 for releasing a Helix version sooner without PVR support.
+1 for release without PVR!
Here are some passable additions for the Metropolis Helix PVR users, it's not perfect, but it's better then nothing.

Ok. I'll release at the end of the week no matter what then (need time to test everything at least). If I have the time to go over the PVR changes too, then it'll be in. Otherwise, at least it'll be usable on Helix by Sunday Smile
How many features from MacGyver mod version will make it into the official build?

Just asking because MacGyver build kicks butt Smile
I'm looking forward to 2.9.1 (Helix is not available for my system yet).

I use Metropolis a lot, and so far i've encountered only minor cosmetic issues i've already mentioned here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1802169
and here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1807003

The work put into this skin is really appreciated. Smile
We fixed those a while ago.

2.9.1 will be released tomorrow alongside 3.0.0. Gotham will be supported (mostly bug fixes; features only if they port pretty cleanly from Helix) for a while longer, so don't worry.

@gate1975mlm, you need to understand that MacGyver's build is a personal build. If you like it, I am not stopping you from using it; however, the builds that get pushed to the official repositories need to be thoroughly tested. They don't like me pushing up builds too frequently because it uses a lot of bandwidth (everyone with Metropolis will get the new update).

Features that MacGyver (or anyone else, for that matter) create will be included as they're tested. Broad and large commits (like the skin.shortcuts support) are difficult to pull apart and test completely. Smaller additions that are isolated to one or two areas of the skin are much easier.

In a nutshell: I include what I have time for, and I try not to make too many sweeping changes at once. If I break Metropolis for a large number of people, it's a lot worse than simply leaving a few features on the floor for the time being.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix and Metropolis0