• 3(current)
Helix and Metropolis
3rd home menu alignment done.

I'll pull down the newest git when I get home from work this evening and try it out, right now it's 6:50am here.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
@MacGyver, pulled your Home3 changes for GUI 5.3.0 from your personal fork.

So unless anyone spots any other issues, I think it's good to go..
Hi

I've been testing git version of the skin in kodi and it's working great, just small issues:
- Themes aren't working, I can change colors, but not the theme (maybe I'm doing something wrong?).
- TV Guide with empty shows (my current shows seem to be on holiday break) doesn't show the settings options (not sure if this is a bug of it's the way it works. I have to go to addons, tv aired next and from there I can access the settings).
- When playing music, on the home screen I can see the cover and the cd rotating but not the artist + track text. If I go to any media page (for example, browse movies) the text then shows up.
- When playing a video, on the OSD screen, the start time / end time info is missing, I only see the FINISH: duration text.

Thanks for this great skin!
(2014-12-29, 13:34)javiermon Wrote: Hi

I've been testing git version of the skin in kodi and it's working great, just small issues:
- Themes aren't working, I can change colors, but not the theme (maybe I'm doing something wrong?).
- TV Guide with empty shows (my current shows seem to be on holiday break) doesn't show the settings options (not sure if this is a bug of it's the way it works. I have to go to addons, tv aired next and from there I can access the settings).
- When playing music, on the home screen I can see the cover and the cd rotating but not the artist + track text. If I go to any media page (for example, browse movies) the text then shows up.
- When playing a video, on the OSD screen, the start time / end time info is missing, I only see the FINISH: duration text.

Thanks for this great skin!

Themes:
The git version doesn't have the compiled .xbts for the themes in them. Will be in the repo one don't worry.

TV guide:
Please post a screen shot.

CD labels on music;
is the way Jingai is trying to keep the info from bumping into the submenus.

Video OSD:

Here's mine. Is you Helix version new? Please post version and a screenshot.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hold up, you are right, on a new load, the start and finish do go away.

It's missing a color
Code:
<color name="OSDPlayingDuration">ddc89008</color>

The weirdest thing was it worked perfect on mine unil I moved the skin to a completely new folder and modify the addon.xml, then the problem showed up.
Sorry, you were right. Fix is here.
Hi MacGyver,

Thanks for the reply and the fix. My tv guide screen looks like this Image.

If I press UP, DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT nothing happens. I've checked metropolis on gotham and the same thing happens so I guess it's the way the skin works. It would be nice to bring the settings so you can refresh the tv shows info, maybe it should be considered as a future development.

Thanks,
It refreshes the next aired stuff when the skin is loaded (i.e., when you start Kodi) and when entering the TV Show library.
(2014-12-30, 00:15)jingai Wrote: It refreshes the next aired stuff when the skin is loaded (i.e., when you start Kodi) and when entering the TV Show library.

Cool, thanks!
I had the same thing happen for PVR Guide, and nothing fixed it, nothing. I even erased the whole thing and dropped my personal version in its entirety, and it was still blank. I thought I was losing my mind. So I renamed the skin folder from "skin.metropolis-test" to "skin.metropolis-g" and modified the addon.xml to accommodate that change, and transferred the same non-working code into it, and whalla, it magically worked again. I'm thinking that erasing my guisettings.xml would have worked too, I think a setting gets set wrong, and it just happens. Try making another copy with a different skin name (don't forget to modify the addon.xml to match), and see if that "version" behaves differently.
There is an option to reset all the options to defaults in the GUI too, but I don't think that's his problem. He probably simply has no shows on -- most are off the air for the holidays.

Also, I'll be submitting the pull request for 3.0.0 tomorrow morning unless someone finds something majorly wrong.
Ok then, out it goes Smile Should be available later today.
(2014-12-27, 17:09)jingai Wrote: 2.9.1 will be released tomorrow alongside 3.0.0. Gotham will be supported (mostly bug fixes; features only if they port pretty cleanly from Helix) for a while longer, so don't worry.

@gate1975mlm, you need to understand that MacGyver's build is a personal build. If you like it, I am not stopping you from using it; however, the builds that get pushed to the official repositories need to be thoroughly tested. They don't like me pushing up builds too frequently because it uses a lot of bandwidth (everyone with Metropolis will get the new update).

Features that MacGyver (or anyone else, for that matter) create will be included as they're tested. Broad and large commits (like the skin.shortcuts support) are difficult to pull apart and test completely. Smaller additions that are isolated to one or two areas of the skin are much easier.

In a nutshell: I include what I have time for, and I try not to make too many sweeping changes at once. If I break Metropolis for a large number of people, it's a lot worse than simply leaving a few features on the floor for the time being.

I do plan on using the official build most of the time. And I totally understand that all the features need to be heavily tested before they can be put into the official build. I was just simply asking if all the features from MacGyver build will make it into the official build at some point. But I already learned not all will like the option to change the date display on the home page and that ok Smile

Anyway you guys rock and keep up the great work!
It's been pulled. It'll show up for you guys shortly!
Any idea how long it will take to show up? I'm not seeing anything yet.
Just got it. Glad to have the old skin back. :-)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix and Metropolis0