speed test
so bare with me i am very new with xbmc stuff. i have a mx6 box running on wifi most of the time it buffs and wont even play a movie. i used to pause it wait half hr and it would play fine now i could wait 5 hrs and it would act as if i did not wait at all. my computer is hooked up with a wire to the router giving me 6 - 8mb download. run a speed test with my cell phone wifi and results were 3.25 mb download. how can i fix this i want to throw the box out the window. but once in a while it will play a movie with no issues example watched into the storm with out problems 2 nights ago. so why does it work some times and other times not like right now trying to watch the interview.
live in canada mountain time zone.

thanks sdf
Most of the time the issue isn't something you can control on your end. If the server or the connection that server is on is slow, then it will be slow getting to you no matter how fast your end is.
(2014-12-26, 07:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Most of the time the issue isn't something you can control on your end. If the server or the connection that server is on is slow, then it will be slow getting to you no matter how fast your end is.

thanks Ned so i guess its hit or miss?

so is there "a list" or way to tell the best place to watch movies. not trying to watch live tv just stream movies
I can't really help you with anything specific, per our forum rules (wiki). I can only tell you that, in general, if you have a lot of buffering even though your connection seems fine, then the issue is probably on the other end.
(2014-12-26, 07:20)Ned Scott Wrote: I can't really help you with anything specific, per our forum rules (wiki). I can only tell you that, in general, if you have a lot of buffering even though your connection seems fine, then the issue is probably on the other end.

thanks for the info

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
speed test0